It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Great Speech

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

I am ashamed to say that I failed here. Terribly. And now, reading it, I will correct that behavior immediately.

Ditto ...

Tired of attacking people who would never know I was attacking them, or give a ratz azz even if they did.

And also tired of defending other people who would never know I was defending them, or give a ratz azz even if they did.

When you think of how many of the posts here, and that's all they are ...

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I'm posting this in this thread because it's my favorite of the threads about Obama's speech at the memorial.

Obama Delivers Very Different Speech Than Intended

"On paper, it was written for a much more solemn setting. It was written for the National Cathedral," he said Thursday.
"Instead it was 14,000 kids in a gymnasium," Simon said. "No one expected whistling and hooting and cheering."
Sources at the White House indicated to Reid that Mr. Obama wrote 80 to 90 percent of the speech, and then sent the draft to speechwriter Cody Keenan. "In the end, it is his words," Reid said.

There is talk of the Democrats and Republicans sitting together at the State of the Union Speech on the 25th... I doubt it will happen, but I'd LOVE to be wrong!

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
There is talk of the Democrats and Republicans sitting together at the State of the Union Speech on the 25th... I doubt it will happen, but I'd LOVE to be wrong!

That would be great if they did. Show some unity for a change. I would love to see them seated in a R-D-R-D style. The cynic in me says no way this will happen, but I will keep a positive outlook....stranger things have happened.

Thanks for the added information regarding Obama's speech too!

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I saw the speech and just saw it for what it is a photo op.All this talk about unity and civility is nice and all but in the end it won't happen because the bases of both parties will let them know they disapprove by withholding the money.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
It was Just a political rally.
the slimy creep, mad it so he tells the world.
that "she has opend her eyes"
like he did it! people will remember he told them and the good feelings.
leech vampire!
he plays the people and YOU ALL fall for it.
even ATS. so is ATS just a political rally for Obama?

"shhh! close your eyes, go to sleep...."

"this will not hurt much.
hehe it will be to late any way"

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I didn't fall for it. The POTUS' astrological sign is Leo. He plays the personality to the hilt, in fact, once long ago
I knew somebody just like him. He "knows when to hold 'em, knows when to fold 'em". He's always been smooth with his words, and can make an audience purr just like a lap cat. Flip side, he can be a real bear when he chooses.

His speech held a lot of truths...but why do we need a statesman and a leader to tell us those things. Each of us should know and feel these things because they are part of being Human Beings. Are we turning into animals and require to be reminded by our handlers how to "act" civilly? I for one DO NOT.

To those that this speech made feel warm and fuzzy and made Obama move up a few notches on the voting lists of those who were not sure about him...think about it. And y'all wonder why the government treats American citizens like they have "no brains".

BTW: before anyone feels that my thoughts on the subject show no compassion for the incident that took place in Arizona last Saturday. My deepest condolences to all involved.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I am sorry for the little girl who died and the otheres.
the famlys that of theose who died I feel the most for.
but I am NOT saying this to get you to like me.

do you remember the catch phrase "911"
now he has a new one.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Many of us have become quite polarized here on ATS. What better time than now to heed president Obama's words and knock it off?

I'm tryin', I really really am, but I can't! I Can't! It's Obama you're asking us to listen to, man!

Seriously. Good thread.

And maybe it's just me, but it seems that Obama is acting much more like a people person since the new congress came to town. He's much more pleasant than he has been the first two years. Of course, it's a re-election ploy, imo.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Ah yes… another thread for all the loyalists of the Fuhrer to congregate in the midst of the awakened.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join