It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tucson Memorial Question

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Question for anyone watching this. Is it just me or does the applause and the people screaming seem innapropriate?

FoxNews Live feed

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
My friends and I were just commenting on this. The yelling and whistling seems very inappropriate for an occasion like this. The crowd appeared to be huge Janet Napolitano fans, but of course, she is a native of AZ. Surprising reaction since I didn't think many people cared for Big Sis.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
it just shows where the world is right now youll never get normal people in there questioning this just the screaming pop idol masses i feel for you decent normal americans. as awful event as it was i think a period of thought is required before doing the popular thing i like many non americans have no time for that shill you got right now and honestly no offence to the non govs

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
These people have no sense of propriety, no manners, no shame, no sense of perspective.

Watch other Presidents at memorials, and this by comparison with the clapping, screaming, and joking is just disgusting.

This President is a shame and a disgrace.

Taking this memorial for a political rally.

Turd.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I am sorry to bring this up but why the big commotion over this one incident, I mean, all the shootings that have happened throughout the US over the past few years but nothing like this 'show' has resulted.
I am getting the distinct impression that this is all going toward the Anti-Gun crap that they are trying to enforce on you guys.

Sorry for the loss of those killed but this is not the first time this has happened.

Sorry Guys, I know Obama is your president but man he is a Dick!!!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I have a friend there in person who is a veteran many times over and he just cannot believe what he is witnessing. To tell you the truth, neither can I. This is bizarre and her husband is sitting right there. Shame

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
surely its not to bright the incident was bad but its gonna make a hell of a load of people paranoid if you start removing their security people get shot every day and people shoot every day but the numbers of shooters to the shot in tiny. it might even start a crimewave of breakins and everyones guns just get stolen by some shadowy guy

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Very inappropriate.. I don't think what the President is actually saying is, just the way the crowd is reacting. Of course, it is a Progressive city, and people came from all over the state.. imo .. it seems more like a crowd of 12 year old girls at a boy-band concert.. just happy to see their hero on stage.

Would have been better if it was kept to a Memorial, not a show.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

That was my point as well, that the manner of the people in attendance just seemed out of place and innapropriate for the subject manner.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

I thought the speech was nice and am glad to be reminded to have civil debate with each other in the name of the people that died.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I had to turn it off too. I don't know how it ended up but the pep rally feel at the beginning wase pep rally feel at the beginning was awful.

Applause, ok. Singing, ok. Screaming wooooo at the top of your lungs, terrible. Families are mourning. I wish those there could have showed more respect for those families.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
In some countries and regions of latin america.People actually cheer up during funerals.Some put music and dance.
Even if its a victim or a natural death,they don't go crying and all silent and "deathy".They celebrate the life of that person,even if he/she won't be around anymore.

I couldn't watch the memorial service but i don't think it would be too inappropiate,despite being in america.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

very inapropriate! why would they cheer like that?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
If you are at a memorial like that you should not be screaming and yelling like that It is just pure rudeness, but these people just done that. It is one of the most disrespectful thinges you can do. People are sitting quitely trying to pay their respects while these group of people are just yelling loudly. If i was at a memorial service I would'nt want yelling like that.Show some respect will you it unacceptable behaviour you should be ashamed.

edit on 12-1-2011 by keelan55 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I saw that too how it seemed like more of a rally. President and Mrs. Obamam seemed disturbed by it in the beginning too.

She was dressed so poorly too....a black dress would have been nice...but a white sweater and purple skirt...looked like she was auditioning to play June Cleaver or going to a PTA meeting. Don't slam me for criticizing her clothing...that is the number one job of the presidents wife to look appropriate and play the part.
edit on 1/12/2011 by Missing Blue Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
And for those of you that missed it, there was her highness Nancy Pelosi sitting in the crowd with the group that was identified as the heroes that stopped the shooting. When I saw her grinning mug, I tasted my dinner starting to come back up....

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by metodex

This isn't one of those 3rd world countries though is it?

And beside that, the usual cultural norm throughout the world is that its ok to "celebrate" the life of a person who dies of natural causes after a long life (like an Irish wake, I've been to some that are truly parties)

But for a life cut short, like a 9yr old girl, cheering on a politician like a buffoon is NOT "appropriate" by any cultural norm that I'm familiar with, especially here in America.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by metodex

This isn't one of those 3rd world countries though is it?

And beside that, the usual cultural norm throughout the world is that its ok to "celebrate" the life of a person who dies of natural causes after a long life (like an Irish wake, I've been to some that are truly parties)

But for a life cut short, like a 9yr old girl, cheering on a politician like a buffoon is NOT "appropriate" by any cultural norm that I'm familiar with, especially here in America.

Agreed, cheering on a politician makes you less then a normal citizen.
another thing this whole Tucson massacre or gun kill seems a bit of as if it was staged, i know i will probably attacked for saying that but in my opinion it seemed that way.

The major news media isn't talking about the second shooter yet i am positive the second shooter played a much major role, yet if there was a second shooter who was it? was he a sniper a shotgun shooter from a distance?

Or was he the guy who told Jared where to shoot whom to kill? its almost as if this a was MK ultra operation.

The reason i am saying that did you noticed how the media & the chief claimed it was due to the politically claimed
in the USA? then from there the media randomly attacked the conspiracy theorists.

And lastly the government is willing to push further to ban guns in all of the states is it because they a might fear a revolution or a violent uprising?

So what do you think?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Come to the memorial service, leave with swag......

This is looking more and more like a champaign stop, then a event of refection and mourning.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/728bd3af0f0c.jpg[/atsimg]

Shirts sit on back before memorial service
Shirts sit on the back of chairs before a memorial service for the victims of Saturday's shootings at McKale Memorial Center on the University of Arizona campus (AP Photo/Charlie Riedel)

Source

top topics

<<   2 >>

join