It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Winnie Madikizela-Mandela

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I'm not a Saffer, but I deplore the fact that this odious woman isn't behind bars for her crimes.

As a previous poster has mentioned, her orchestration of the murder of that poor boy Stompie, should be enough to see her imprisoned for the foreseeable future.

It seems that being the wife of a prominent political figure, gives you carte blanche to get away with anything you want; Including getting your ''Mandela United'' team of thugs to torture and murder a teenage boy.

edit on 12-1-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
This morning it's all over the front pages. Claims and counter claims. Some light reading:

Winnie says she was sworn at: IOL

Policeman relieved of service pistol: News24

There's much here to stoke all manner of conspiracy theories, here are some of my favourite:

“The general said this was political and we should go and apologise and the case would go away,” said Odendaal. “I was prepared to apologise, but then I was told General Mzwandile Petros said we should not go as we were just doing our jobs. We were told there would be no case opened against us.”
But last week Odendaal was told he was being transferred to the Soweto flying squad, 140km from his home. His partner, who lives in Soweto, was transferred to the East Rand. Odendaal said policemen were generally transferred if there were charges against them, but nobody had informed him of any.

And the political responses:

Lorimer (DA) says in a statement that she is "extremely concerned" about the allegation that Petros would supposedly accompany the police officials to Madikizela-Mandela. "If this is the case, what on earth gives him the impression that some people can break the law at will? He is supposed to support his police officials because it seems they were simply doing their jobs, as he has ordered on many occasions."
Pieter Groenewald, FF+ MP and spokesperson for police, says in a statement that Madikizela-Mandela should "immediately" be arrested for defeating the ends of justice.
Her behaviour furthermore testifies of a disregard for the law and creates the impression that she is above the law. Furthermore, her behaviour is an embarrassment to other MPs.
His party also wants an investigation about Petros' role, because his integrity has now been called into question: "His behaviour amounts to special treatment for Madikizela-Mandela.

The bigpig has ordered all police to stop suspicious vehicles, they stopped a suspicious vehicle, and now they must apologise for doing so, with the bigpig accompanying them. Is it not blatantly obvious that this man ... "general" Petros is putting personal politics above his office? Is that alone not reason to be relieved of duties? But it is the hardworking cops that are taking the fall for this.
edit on 13-1-2011 by harryhaller because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by harryhaller

It's getting ridiculous.
She seems to have a gift for getting away with crimes.
The bodyguard who said it isn't apartheid anymore was wrong.it still is the only difference is that the roles have changed now.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
IOL

The second policeman in the alleged altercation with ANC veteran Winnie Madikizela-Mandela said he would not apologise for doing “his job”, the Rapport reported on Sunday.
“Mama Winnie is making this a racist issue. I am Black. How can I be racist towards other blacks. I will not apologise for doing my job,” said Constable Abel Twala.
Twala was with Warrant Officer Jannie Odendaal when they stopped Madikizela-Mandela's car on the M1 North in Johannesburg on December 30 because it was allegedly being driven recklessly at 150 kilometres per hour.

Please note he calls her "Mama Winnie". He also refutes the relevance of racism as a factor, and the political strong-arming that the situation has been subjected to. The police have both had their firearms confiscated, and have been transferred, temporarily, to other units. As an aside, it now means for both of them that their daily commute would exceed 100km, excessive (IMHO). Since nothing has been mentioned, it is safe to assume that the bodyguards continue their services uninterrupted, including carrying firearms.

Interesting times.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Make a note of the 2 policemens names and watch the press as the way things are going they will be killed in the line of duty in the near future.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
In today's popular Afrikaans Sunday paper Die Rapport (16 Jan, 2011, p.5) the white cop's black colleague, constable Abel Twala, came out in Odendaal's defense.
He also refuses to apologize to Winnie.
Since then both officers have been moved and robbed of their service-pistols.
Tomorrow they must both go and explain to the provincial office why they shouldn't be fired.
They were earlier meant to apologize to Winnie with a reluctant Gauteng police boss Mzwandile Petros - "reluctant" indeed, because the cars were pulled over on the order of Petros.
Odendaal was violently shoved by Winnie's bodygaurd, and it was only in an attempt to get a tazer that Winnie leapt from the car, shouting racial abuse, after illegally speeding in an Audi at 150km/h.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Well, well, well - then there are the rumors of the "white powder" on the repeatedly sentenced Winnie's nose.
I always thought she was a MaBenzi, but Audi is where it's at these days.
Oh how nice to sponge on the continued suffering of the black masses.
I thought Mbeki was assured presidency by the CIA if he removed Chris Hani and Winnie.
Maybe not, but the cammo outfits went very quickly.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Should have locked her up when they had the chance and kept her murderous husband inside too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join