It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A review...."Season of the Witch"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
The trailer looked so promising but the actual movie was a waste of time. Corny script/dialog, weak story, Actors that were just going thru the motions; and not very well. But Sets, set dec, locations were incredible and the cgi wasn't to bad but they weren't enough for me to recomend this film. If you must see it wait for the DVD or cable: it won't be long.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Is this a remake of the George Romero film of the same title? I really don't like most modern films, and I mostly hate CGI effects. I misss the old days of make up, models, and stop-motion. CG looks fake, and to me, it takes out the craftmanship the classic had in regards to the effects.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I kind of had the same conclusions based on the trailer. It looks interesting, but I won't expect much out of it (and will be likely waiting for it to be on DVD).

These days, it's cheaper for me to buy the DVD than it is for both of us to go to the movies (heck, even one of us, if counting a drink or snack)...(and builds up the collection, which has gotten a bit insane lately, hehe..)

I've still got at least 5 or so zombie movies to watch from Christmas.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I was kind of afraid of that to be honest.

Since Nick Cage went broke he seems to be taking on most any role he can get and that probably isn't by choice.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs
reply to post by whaaa

I was kind of afraid of that to be honest.

Since Nick Cage went broke he seems to be taking on most any role he can get and that probably isn't by choice.

Cage can be brilliant in some roles and he does still have some "star power" to bring in an audience but he was
terribly miscast in this role.

Many of the short stories I read on ATS, if written as a script would be a much better movies than "Season of the Witch"

All ATS writers....download a script program like celtx and give it a shot.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I thought the trailer and the film looked awful...

I thought this film would suck.

All style and no substance, mainly the way it is nowadays :shk:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

All true - he can be great in the right role. But lately he seems to be taking anything that comes along.

For example, maybe its just me - but his next one sounds just as bad..

Drive Angry

Milton (Nicolas Cage) has broken out of Hell to prevent the cult that murdered his daughter from sacrificing her baby. He is being pursued by 'The Accountant' (William Fichtner), a supernatural operative of Satan who has been sent to bring Milton back to Hell.

Did I mention its in 3D? Evidently he has to drive around angry a lot to accomplish the above. The movie poster has him in a car..driving...and he looks angry.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs
reply to post by whaaa

All true - he can be great in the right role. But lately he seems to be taking anything that comes along.

For example, maybe its just me - but his next one sounds just as bad..

Drive Angry

Milton (Nicolas Cage) has broken out of Hell to prevent the cult that murdered his daughter from sacrificing her baby. He is being pursued by 'The Accountant' (William Fichtner), a supernatural operative of Satan who has been sent to bring Milton back to Hell.

Did I mention its in 3D? Evidently he has to drive around angry a lot to accomplish the above. The movie poster has him in a car..driving...and he looks angry.

Drive angry? Have you seen Ghost Rider? I'm sure this was originally planned as the sequal the Ghost Rider.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

Yup - I've seen Ghost Rider. There is already a sequel for Ghost Rider in the works. Its supposed to be released next year.

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance

Drive Angry is actually due to be released next month. The trailer has already started making the rounds. Here is the trailer - I still give it a 'meh'

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
If nothing else, when I first heard about the movie it made me dig out some old albums. Donovan's "Season of the Witch" is a great song. I especially like the Al Kooper / Mike Bloomfield version.

new topics

top topics

join