It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So Today is 1/11/11, or 11/1/11 if you are Europe.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I found it to be kind of cool.

Anything exciting happening today?

11/11/11, that is even awesomer.

But today shall do for now.

Hm... What are my thoughts on 1/11/11 and/or 11/1/11? (for the europe)

For me, I see it representing a brand new beginning. We are after all still very new into this year.

We should take this time to give thanks and praises for what we have, while also traveling new paths.

Yay. Go us.
edit on 11-1-2011 by SolarE-Souljah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Personally I think it means that tomorrow will be 1/12/11...

That's pretty much it...

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
this year has been one furitloop headline after another i think this year is just another floor up on the elevator of doom.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by SolarE-Souljah

Anything exciting happening today?

Well the iPhone for Verizon is supposedly being officially announced later today. can't think of anything else.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

I know right? seems like it should be more exciting....

Yawn. Sigh.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I woke up in the middle of the night. Rolled around for a bit and finally decided to check what time it was.

It was 1:11 on on 1/11/11

I think we're in for a great year as we head into a time of new consciousness, reflecting on the paths that have been taken by humanity, realizing they aren't right for all of us. It is time to take new paths, think in new ways so we can become an earth family. Eventually, once that has happened, we can join our Galactic family

Peace

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRevolutionOf2010

Whoa cool. Hey I appreciate that man.

by the way, did the revolution of 2010 happen?

link   
Yes. The sun will rise and set. That's kind of exciting I suppose. Oh, and the tide will continue to go in and out as well.

I couldn't resist. It is a weird date for sure, and something big may happen. Who knows. There will certainly be enough people expecting something to occur.

link   
No it's not. It's 11/1/11 (or 11/01/11)

(sorry, it's one of my pet hates, Americal does dates wrong, day/month/year is the natural order or how long stuff is. Infact, 11/11/11 is one of the only dates we could agree on
)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I decided that tomorrow (today) 1/11/11 will be the day that I begin my challenge for the new year, the day that I implement some changes in my life that will allow me to get myself back into top physical and mental shape again.

I am hoping to harness the power of this day to put towards the beginning of a great new success, one that I am desperately pushing to see through til the end.

Im not saying 1/11/11 has any special meaning or significant power over any other day, but it just feels like a great day to begin something new.

Great luck to all and happy 1/11/11

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

Hi Solar,

I found it a very cool day as well. I told people about it.

And they went oh, yeah, so what.

You get people who are excited, and you get people who are not.

What can I tell you?

Hey! It was a GREAT day!

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

That's what I'm trying to get at. It's this cool date, yet... It seems so drab.

Kind of a bummer. Well, today isn't over yet.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   

It happened within me. In a few months, when my book is out, I hope I can share the Revolution with all of you. (and no, I'm not going to sell the book, that's just silly)

Peace

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
im surprized that nobody made a thread about 01/09/2011 because if you rearrange the numbers you get 09/11/2001. if somebody did make a thread i must of missed it...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Hi Solar,

What you have to realize is that a lot of life is boring.

You just have to hack it.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   

You are correct! It is hardly over. It would be nice if something wonderful happened today. It would also be a good date to get married. Better odds of remembering the anniversary.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRevolutionOf2010
I woke up in the middle of the night. Rolled around for a bit and finally decided to check what time it was.

It was 1:11 on on 1/11/11

The very same thing happened to me. I woke up, glanced at the alarm clock and thought it was strange because I woke up at exactly 1:11am. After realizing today's date, about 5 minutes ago, it is even more unusual. But then again, I like numbers

To the OP, I think that today, as well as this year and every year thereafter, will turn out to be amazing to you as long as you look towards the future with a kind of positive anticipation. Associate today's date with something good, not something bad, and in turn, you will remember 1/11/11 as being a great date in your past. BlackOps719's post above is a great example.

I will present an idea I like to remember:
Someone visiting ATS, eager to see what horrible new conspiracies there are, will always be angry and upset with the state of the world. Conversely, someone logging on to investigate new discoveries and find out about new technologies and philosophies, will always be amazed at our world and proud of our race.

I wish everyone at great 1/11/11 and I hope it is the start of something new and amazing.

edit on 11-1-2011 by dyllels because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
No it's not. It's 11/1/11 (or 11/01/11)

(sorry, it's one of my pet hates, Americal does dates wrong, day/month/year is the natural order or how long stuff is. Infact, 11/11/11 is one of the only dates we could agree on
)

We also don't do metric. But hey, we are a lot of fun so hopefully that makes up for it.

I do like looking at ones though. For some reason seeing a clock 11:11 or 1:11 always gives me a peaceful feeling.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
It's actually 11/1/2011 or 1/11/2011..

If it's significant why leave out the 20 ??

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
It's actually 11/1/2011 or 1/11/2011..

If it's significant why leave out the 20 ??

I think the significance is in the fact that even though the 20 is there, is doesn't detract from the meaning of there being a 1/11/11 as well. Or in other words, it doesn't lessen the peaceful feeling to people who are looking for things to make today special, rather than looking for ways to prove it ordinary.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join