It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I feel so lost in this society

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by dr_strangecraft

You do make some good points. I just can't afford it. When I have some extra money to spend I can revisit. I might go back and volunteer for the food pantry.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Hi OP

Welcome to my world. Nice to meet you. A lot of people just suck... But hey... What can you do huh...?
Love dude. Face your biggest fears with a smile.Be positive it transcends you.

reply to post by muzzleflash

Hey Muzzle my words exactly

PS
I think it is also the answer to the question of an outkast member where a lot of fuzz is about..

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Universal truth is not measured by mass appeal.

Which in turn, can make you feel like youre on the outside. But it's all perspective.
Personally, I LIKE it on the outside.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Flag from me. I am going to start being a little more closed lips. People are scared of thinking what if, amplified with the whole shooter thing.
Like said above, nature is your friend.
edit on 11-1-2011 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

I know exactly where you are coming from. Although I have what many people would consider a fulfilling life (decent job, house, fiancé, car etc.) I still feel unfulfilled. The reason for that is because all of the things that I work my arse off for I don't really want, but need in order to fit into this crazy world. Sometimes I would rather just live in a little fishing village in Thailand or somewhere beautiful and not work to earn money but to look after myself and my family. That is what's important in life and in the materialist and capitalist western world, this is getting lost.

I want for a better world where we can live more contentedly and without the daily stress and pressure but unfortunately, this will never happen.

Just know that you are not alone.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Nice song about giving and knowledge

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamseeker
reply to post by muzzleflash

I am trying but sometimes I get very tired. I often get in trouble for speaking my mind. I have been censored on web sites, banned on others, thrown out of businesses, the police called on me, was convicted of disturbing the peace 5 years a go. I almost start to feel like I am becoming a little complacetant. The weight of the world is heavy on my shoulders.
I think I need to step away from the internet and do something fun. I am just trying to connect to something that shows me there are more people like me who understand the true meaning of life.
edit on 10-1-2011 by dreamseeker because: (no reason given)

Seems to me that you must be going overboard. Folks don't get kicked out of places for discussing things in a normal fashion. It is when the discussion gets out of hand that you get booted and people start looking at you weird. Most people just want to get on with their daily lives and live in this world the best they can. All the conspiracies and such on this site do not affect most people. They can live their lives in ignorance bliss and be very happy. Who are you to say that is wrong?

I think it would be a good idea to take a break from the net and decide what you want out of your life and the best way to obtain it within the current system. Learn how to avoid the things you don't like and occupy yourself with the things that bring you happiness. The rest of it is just noise

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

I believe that alot of us here on ATS go through the same exact things.
You are not alone.

I always felt that doing something productive would help.
If my neighbor (or anyone) needs help, I don't even miss a step. I'm there.
That goes for anyone that asks.
For me, it makes me know that I give back.
I give to local charites, food banks, etc...things that people need that I can help with.
It doesn't take much money but you would be surprised how many people need things that most just trash.
But I don't want thank-you's or attention from it.
I don't need any form of gratitude...
Heck, I don't even tell anyone I do these things.
Because I'm doing it for me. Not for recognition.
Some people I know make it a huge deal to give things away.
Almost as if the recognition is more important than the act of giving.
I never understood that.

But look at it from this perspective...
At least you know things that the average person does not.
Just by caring about what is going on beyond the TV.
Just because you care, you have done enough to stop yourself from being apathetic.
And that, my friend, is more than most people do in a lifetime.

Keep yer head up!

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

This is not our world. We do not belong to this society. We are of the world to come.

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. (Romans 12: 12)

It comes naturally to many of us that we reject this society and do not wish to participate. If you include yourself in this society, even by quiet consent, you will also have the blood on your hands for all that such a society does in the name of the group.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Do you get sunlight or just stay inside all day? Sunlight is anti-depressant

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
He who leads by example walks alone.

He who walks alone is a target for those who fear walking alone themselves.

The world is really messed up,I tire of it also.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Just keep in mind how hard the PTB , try and keep the masses dumbed down and destracted with other things. Its very hard to break that because there brains get molded in into that fit . It takes alot to make people care and give a # about there future . All you can do is pass the messe what they do with it is in there hands . I also have many aquantinces who don't seem to really care . Because they don't see the bigger picture of it and how it effects them in the long run . Just keep your head up and share as much as you can . Remember don't give people a full cup of water only half , then after they have half they will ask for more

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Dreamseeker, you are not alone. Can I ask you a few questions? If you don't feel comfortable posting answers in the board, please feel free to U2 me anytime.
Do you have birth records missing, or altered? Adopted at an early age? Parents kinda murky? Ostracized by family and friends, an intelligence above the norm, a feeling of being an alien on an alien world? ET/UFO experiences?

If the answer to even one of these is yes, you may be a hybrid. And yes, it is extremely difficult to live and get along here on Earth. Humans kill each other at a fantastic rate for stupid reasoning, and humans let their leadership walk all over them, practically enslave them.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
When you can barely do for yourself, how do you plan to do things for others?

What you consider petty, those people consider real. You want them to connect to the "larger-all" of humanity, but you disdain the people who connect with those around them locally. They connect to real people who are actually around them. You disdain those around you.

You see a disconnect in them. How is it that you do not see the disconnect in yourself?

You cannot just complain about things. People don't want to discuss what they cannot do anything about.

If you change your tactic, and discuss the issues with a GOAL you might actually get an audience.

The very people you want to "help" are the people you cannot even stand. People actually do pick that up.
edit on 2011/1/11 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

hold the line dreamseeker, i believe something beautiful will happen after things fall into place. most people are not open to the troubles we are facing. it's probably too much for them to comprehend. these issues only compound their fears of change on a global level where their lives and everyone elses will change. i believe it's coming. we cannot sustain ourselves on this planet under the current systems and i feel thats what many fear. therefore to ignore these issues is only putting ones head in the sand. i applaud you for opening your heart and mind although i feel it was borne of frustration. to me those who think and feel and strive for knowledge are the friendships you should be cultivating.
to speak openly to uninformed groups whether it be 'friends' or otherwise will only lead to ridicule either to your face in terms of them ignoring what you say or they will voice their distaste in your absence.
do not feel bitter or sad about others choices. it is their choice and in the end i would rather have a quality conversation with someone who is genuinely searching than waste time attempting to inform or enlighten those who kill time and time being one of the most precious commodities we have the good fortune of possessing, is not to be wasted.
good fortune to you
f

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamseekerI tried to talk to 3 of my friends about some of the issue going on like the shooter incident, dead birds and fishes but they just skip over that like I never said it. They start talking about really petty things like oh some person said this to me or whatever. Am I the only person who truly cares about this society beyond my existence?

I hear ya! It seems unless you are talking about someone behind their back, or celebrities, or sports then there is nothing to talk about! To me it should be the other way around. At least you care so don't lose that

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by chyeaaitskristyn

I recently quit my job, it felt like I was wasting my life away.

Congrats! I left a great paying job a few years ago because it was stealing my soul. Unfortunately I had debt so I am working two jobs now, but that is my responsibility. And these two jobs are not soul-sucking me like the other one. Follow heart!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Who ever you are you have a right to exist, as look at the world most people are scum. The police and gov tend to want humans as absolute scum to do there job of ruining lifes for nothing.

If you do not fit in with people just ignore them.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

This is my first ever post on ats. and reading what you said totally hit me home. I feel like the only 2 people in the world to understand me are my dad and my boyfriend. i just recently had a crazy experience that was life changing. i had an epiphany and my whole life was flashed before my eyes and i now know the truth about everything.everything i believed in as a kid and till this day was proven as truth. I never told anyone what i believed because i didnt think they would understand. And now i found people who do understand. Im over all of "this" these "lies" this place we live in. I cant wait for peace and i know its coming

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

I may have an answer for you as to why you are the way you are. There are about a million of us out there. We just have to find each other and we can change this world. What I've found may or may not be what you are seeking. But I can tell you it is the most important Mission that anyone can be part in this world right now. Don't know if you are "one of the million" but let me know if you'd like to find out.

Ila

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join