It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I feel so lost in this society

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I get on here because I feel like I don't fit in. I put this under social issues because I believe many people on here feel this way. I get so disillusioned. I am going to explain in depth how I feel. I am posting this here because where else do you go when you feel like an alien in a very very strange world?
My sister and one of my friends is the only one who understands. I tried to talk to 3 of my friends about some of the issue going on like the shooter incident, dead birds and fishes but they just skip over that like I never said it. They start talking about really petty things like oh some person said this to me or whatever. Am I the only person who truly cares about this society beyond my existence? My sister and I want to buy a house someday and pay it off to be open to anyone who needs a place to live. Most people would only think of what they could get out of the situation.
I went on this other web site and people think that by helping others that something is being taken away from them? Why? I feel like most people would rather see someone suffer than equal out the inbalances in our soceity. People judge me all the time but I know they are unenlightened.
All I want is a peaceful, positive world to live in. I feel like all my ideas are wasted on a society who may not change. I keep on trying to get my ideas out there regardless. When the phone rings I feel like I don't even want to pick it up anymore because it just another blah blah blah conversation about petty things in life.
If 2012 is really some sort of turbalent time it really is a time to think of the future and how to change it. I am open people can ask me anything but I feel others are very closed.
Where is the coperative, susbtianable society that I was looking for? Am I ahead of my time? I see know that I am not an alien but like I said I feel like one. There is only a little common sense in the world. Where are the enlightened intellectual people who want to think beyond today? I am happy with who I am but not with my world/society what do I do when I feel I can't leave my world like this?

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
ironic how this post gets lost among the posts. I expected it would because of all the issues going on but just thinking of these issues has started to depress me.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Stand up for what you think is right.

Keep doing good things, and keep spreading the truth.

The things you like doing.

If that fails, than try to find humor in life.
Laugh at the failures of humanity.
Might as well try to enjoy what is left of it.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I know exactly what you mean OP. I feel like there are a few people in my everyday life who I can discuss real issues with. No one cares about anything outside their day-to-day, just plodding along in the rat race with tunnel vision.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I am trying but sometimes I get very tired. I often get in trouble for speaking my mind. I have been censored on web sites, banned on others, thrown out of businesses, the police called on me, was convicted of disturbing the peace 5 years a go. I almost start to feel like I am becoming a little complacetant. The weight of the world is heavy on my shoulders.
I think I need to step away from the internet and do something fun. I am just trying to connect to something that shows me there are more people like me who understand the true meaning of life.
edit on 10-1-2011 by dreamseeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
If it is not on the TV or the tabloids most people are unaware of it.

One of my friends wives continually asks me the same question..."How do you know all this stuff".

It is only out a desire for peace that I don't respond "How do you not?"

Most people are so self absorbed that they have niether the time nor interest to look at what is going on around them. Add to that the near total lack of common sense or critical thinking and even if they did pause they would only see the shiny veneer meant to portray that everything is fine.

With regards to people reacting to your idea like you were going to take something away from them...you are.

You are removing thier view that there is nothing they can do to improve things, that the problems are too big or complex for an individual to tackle: You are stripping them of their excuses.

Even worse, you make them look shallow by choosing to forgo some luxury items for the sake of helping out other people.

That makes them realize at some level just how petty/selfish they are.

edit on 10-1-2011 by [davinci] because: Spelling & Form

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I can understand the feeling. My friends don't ever want to talk about anything important. I always say that if I had a lot of money I could make a difference in this world. I don't have a lot of money. What little extra money I have, I've been sending to a group that helps children at risk. I feel our children are our future. Even if my little bit of money even helps one child, I'll be successful. Peace.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

I'm in a similar boat Dreamseeker. I feel like anytime i try to have an intelligent conversation about whats going on in the world I am looked at as a nut job. There is no more intelligent conversation. Maybe people are too scared to talk about these issues because it scares them or maybe they don't care. It's scary when it seems like all the humans on this planet are against each other rather than on the same team.

I get in trouble as well for speaking my mind as well. At this point with certain friends and family I don't even speak my mind because I know they just think I'm a conspiracy theorist and it feels like I'm acting. I can't be myself anymore around people who I used to feel soooo comfortable with and that really upsets me. I have to censor myself so that I am accepted.

I recently quit my job, it felt like I was wasting my life away. It also felt like I was working to make other people happy and not myself. So now I'm searching for myself and if I'm forced to live in this world I HAVE to do something that makes me happy and everyday I think I'm realizing it's animals. I have many reptiles and they really do bring me much happiness.

Dreamseeker you are not alone, you've got all of us here on ATS

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by alonzo730

I Would love to do that send money to a child who needs it. The problem is I don't have the extra money and how do I know it really goes to the child? I know they write your letters but what if the company who collects the money takes 60% while the child only gets 40%. The people in another country would not know the difference and be greatful no matter what.
I help out the homeless or help at food pantries when I can. I wanted to help out this with homeless youth shelter but they ask me to pay for a background check. I agree to the background check if they would not ask for me to pay for it.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I think you have to regard elements of the world around you as you would a school-yard bully. You cannot remove the element from your environment (at least not today), and you cannot control it. All you control is your own actions. So, how can you shape your own actions to get the best possible outcome?

What do I need to do, to keep this bully from focusing on me, and let me get on with my life.

Now, the thing is, most people don't plan ahead. One of the reasons I think that games like chess or go are important is that they force you to plan ahead. So, pick your moves with an eye to how "the bullies" of this world will probably respond.

I'll give you an example. If you announced that you were starting a "free housing initiative," you'd draw both positive and negative attention. Most likely, your local government would decide whether you'd need a permit for a zoning waiver.

If on the other hand, instead of designating the people you help as "guests" or "residents," you could call them your "employees;" you could give them a nominal job, for which they receive a dollar pay, plus free housing while they are your "employees." Now, the language may seem alienating; but you get to help people, without paying anything beyond corporate and property tax, and you retain control over which people can live there---so that if say, criminals tried to move into your housing, they couldn't unless you were willing to call them employees. See, the bully, in this case your local government, insists that you use certain labels and fit your concepts into their boxes. While it takes effort to do so, it is also true that the relationships that don't fit into their boxes are not controlled by the state.

The mafia does EXACTLY this to get what they want. They use corporation-terms when it suits them, as a legal defense. But the real control in their world is via family, and legally, family beyond first cousins has no legal existence. And so the police have incredible difficulty proving how power flows across several unrelated corporations. And when they try to prove it in court, the mafia just says, "they are attacking us for being Italian" (and often wins...).

So, the mafia uses lots of shell companies to hide their connections, which is a uniting system of families, which are invisible to the government. You could do the same thing, using lots of corporate shells to keep the government from controlling what you wanted to do.

I have thought of doing the same thing, but with banking. All of the laws about banks control the ways they can make money. If you had a bank that didn't particularly care about profit.....some interesting things could be done.

Your disease is other people trying to make you conform. The antidote is your own creativity, and finding ways to make them think they've won.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

This world is run by business men whose only goal is to make money at the expense of the masses and the enviornment. Untill the Governments are run by the people again and find other ways to reward people for their work that dosent involve money(eg instead of paying x amount to work as a nurse you get rewards instead like 4 weeks 5 star holiday unlimited useage of public phone etc )...well we know the human population are mindless drones so dont hold your breath.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by chyeaaitskristyn

I am glad to hear others say this. As long as there are some people who understand what I am talking about then I feel like all hope is not lost entirely. We still have a long road ahead of us but at least we will not go it entirely alone.

You really should pursue what makes you happy. Good luck to you and I hope that other people around you begin to wake up. I know I was not always like this it took me sometime to wake up to reality. Most people live in a dream world at times. They think it is always going to be like it is now. I can guarntee it won't be if we don't realize the american dream is slipping away from us.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by dr_strangecraft

Everything you said makes sense. We really need to think outside of the box. I am feeling better now that I know some people in society feel much like I do. The trick is creating a society someday that thinks on this level.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

I help out with a homeless shelter, and personally I can understand why they want you to pass a background check. A lot of predators prey on the weakest members of society. It can be expensive to do a check, and if the shelter pays, it spends a lot of money on some people who will not pass. It sucks, but making people pay also means that nearly 100% of the people who apply will pass, and are committed to helping out.

Otherwise, the shelter pays for every applicant, and most of them never actually show up to help more than 2 or 3 times. That can be really expensive.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

just hang in there,turn to nature when feeling depressed .about the world i wont lie to you,i see the same on daily life and no betterment in the horizon. stay strong no less,may goodness be with you.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I am right there with you man. It seems like all I think about is our life, society, and future of what we will become. While everyone else around seems to be thinking about who is going to win this game or that game or who will the next American Idol be......... It gets old, sometimes I just want to yell at them to wake out of there dream state that they seem to exist in.
I too feel lost and can't help but wonder if people like us (average middle class citizen) will ever be able to overcome the environment we were born into. If only people like you or I were given a powerful position for our thoughts to have influence. It would be hard not to be corrupted.

Either way...keep doing your thing, I guarantee you are having a positive impact.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing!

I'm another animated emotion living out those same exact feelings on the same exact planet. Cheers my friend.

I'd like to add, many people here in this world are earthbound souls. I ask you this, how many of them think about our solar system, galaxy, universe, etc. I bet none of 'em ever heard the term "multiverse."

People like you and I and a lot of ATS, are running amuck on a planet very new to us, spiritually speaking, so we seek out the earths truths and information. There are some very old souls here, thousands of years, and this incarnation is most important for them, and many of 'em are waking up to the truth about their home, "prison planet earth."

The more support we as a race collectively seek out truth, the looser the shackles become that mother earth has been fastened with for quite some time now. Her mind, body and spirit is going to break free, and the more we contribute to the thought grid (electromagnetic field) with love and awareness, the faster our entire super organism sustaining life for us will break free from the trap system.

Again, thanks for sharing your thoughts, and journey well.

We are the universes conscious, and we are not far from home.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Hang in there...it gets better.

I know what you mean, there are some days ( a lot of them) when I'm so caught up in tending to personal growth and how I can help make the world a better place than I just don't fit into the social scene either.

I've found over the years sometimes it's best to just step back and not judge oneself by Societal Standards.

You're definitely not alone in feeling this way, but this feeling won't last forever.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
The problem is socialization. Were all talking heads spread around the globe, too paranoid to reveal to much on the internet.

Where do we go to talk though, to think. you want to dance you go to a club, if you want to talk to your mates you go to the pub but what venue is there for inteligent and rational people.

From what I've seen most conspiracy theorists are isolated, trapped hiding in some form from the fear of the the angry mob with pitchforks.

we need to get out there be out and proud as it were as a comuntiy.

As things stand most people like us (although us is hard to define as we are a pretty divse group) sit there, slowly going mad.

People like all of us being recognised in society would give us an identity and an identity is needed for a place to be found.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Cheer up chap and embrace being different
You are not part of the herd that is all. I am sure a lot of us here feel the same way, I know I do. Will that change the way I think and respond to the sheeple ? NOPE ! One of my family members put it to me like this "I just march to the beat of a different drum is all" and I think you do as well. We are not meant to be the same as everyone else. Go with the flow and enjoy the ride. When you need a real deep conversation come chat with us on here, that's what I do.
PEACE

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join