It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ashley Turton, Congressional Affairs Director, Found Dead In Burning Car: Politico

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Ashley Turton, Congressional Affairs Director, Found Dead In Burning Car: Politico

www.huffingtonpost.com

Ashley Turton, director of congressional affairs for Progress Energy, was found dead in a burning car Monday morning in Washington, Politico reports. Turton's husband is White House deputy director of House legislative affairs, Dan Turton.

According to the Washington Post, "a preliminary investigation indicated that the car crashed into the garage of a home in the 800 block of A Street SE."

Roll Call reports that neighbors say the fire started at approximately 5:00 AM. "[Metropolitan Police Lt. Nicholas] Breul said fire officials were at the scene two minutes after neighbors dialed 9
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Assassination by the oil industry?

Or was it just an accident and the car exploded in fire... ? I don't know much about cars being on fire after an accident... but IMO this is quite rare...

Hopefully a real investigation will reveal what caused that... and if it was more than a simple accident...

Maybe it was suicide... who knows... sad...

Turton was the wife of Daniel A. Turton, 43, the White House's deputy director of legislative affairs for the U.S. House. As such, he is President Obama's point man on legislation moving through the House.

Was it a hit to send a message to Daniel?

That's a lot of dead people in Washington DC in the last few days...

Wheeler, found in a dumpster... The shooting of that congresswoman who many say is very suspicious... and now this?

She worked at Progress Energy... and was critical to all the main operations within the company according to her boss... and this just happened..

Duke Energy Corp. (DUK) will acquire Progress Energy Inc. (PGN) in an all-stock deal valued at about $13.7 billion, creating the country's largest utility.
Maybe she knew too much or opposed the deal and could have brought down the company? Who knows...

According to the firefighters :

“There were some unusual circumstances – just the way the car was, low-speed, significant fire, things like that….For the most part, the fire was confined to the area of origin.”

Weird uh?

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 10-1-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Was the guy important ?

I do not know that much about the American Government figures and layers etc BUT I do believe it is actually, contrary to Hollywood quite hard for a car to burst into flames.....

He was either very unlucky or something else.

PDUK

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Hmm.. Lotta Government officials are being attempted/killed off these days.. Coincidence? Perhaps. A sign that something's up and people are wanting to tell the 'public' only to get killed in the process? Probably.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
How horrible for the family.

And to come at this time? This week? Wow, talk about stirring the stew of conspiracy.

Will keep an eye on this one for sure...

peace

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
This could be a citizens rampage on government, but I doubt it, we americans have lost our jest for freedom we are freely handing it over, maybe it is more like, scare the common citizen, make a path for control????
( if i was wrong about us giving up, tell me one of you who are doing anything, non violent to change things)

+18 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneLife
Hmm.. Lotta Government officials are being attempted/killed off these days.. Coincidence? Perhaps. A sign that something's up and people are wanting to tell the 'public' only to get killed in the process? Probably.

whistle blowers submitting gov secrets to
a CIA controlled wikileaks will get you
suicided.

Assassinating people and making
it look like an accident is typical
CIA Protocol and Method of Operation.

thanks for the heads up

edit on 1/10/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Hmmmmm?,it seems we may be seeing a pattern emerging here.

We will have to watch and see over the next week or so.

Looks like we may have reached a tipping point,where people do more than just talk about things,and start acting on them.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiponbothshoulders
Hmmmmm?,it seems we may be seeing a pattern emerging here.

We will have to watch and see over the next week or so.

Looks like we may have reached a tipping point,where people do more than just talk about things,and start acting on them.

Yes we shall have to watch indeed. Time tells all with everyone and everything eventually.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I am not suprised here either. I really feel this may be more of an "inside" job. I won't be suprised to hear this more often. People are sick of their government and the government is very corrupt so between the two we could be hearing about government deaths on and off for a while.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
"[Metropolitan Police Lt. Nicholas] Breul said fire officials were at the scene two minutes after neighbors dialed 911"

That's an awfully quick response time. Unless they were all ready in the neighbourhood.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
This is creepy-
for even the firefighters to say that it was unusual...
On the heels of so many others.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
How horrible. We might be starting to see a bit of a pattern emerging here, I guess? We might even have a list of the usual suspects based on who's being targeted. Too soon to tell but this sure is bubbling up all at once. Thanks for posting this...can't even begin to keep up and I'm still trying to wrap my head around Wheeler.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
whistle blowers submitting gov secrets to
a CIA controlled wikileaks will get you
suicided.

Assassinating people and making
it look like an accident is typical
CIA Protocol and Method of Operation.

The CIA would never stage an accident as stupidly obvious as this one. There would be no doubt that it was an accidental death, and no questions to ask. No evidence of anything even remotely suspicious.

No I don't think there is any CIA involvement in this, and if it was murder it appears to be very unprofessional.

More likely a domestic abuse situation and pathetically attempted cover-up, robbery gone wrong, or perhaps a third party of a love triangle seeking revenge, personal grudge or something along these lines.

Too sloppily done to be a professional assassination.

In my opinion.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
What if anything does Ashley Turton-----Gabrielle Giffords----John P. Wheeler have in common?

Will start my digging to see if I come up with anything.
Something's up.

Wikileaks?
Pole Shift?
HAARP?
Dead animals?

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
This sounds more like a black ops style assassination if it is indeed that at all. If it were just people fed up with their government I think they would target local politicians and perhaps IRS agents and the like.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
A source familiar with the incident, speaking on the condition of anonymity because it is still under investigation, said the SUV was "about seven-eighths of the way" into the garage and was stopped "at a weird angle." He said the vehicle was heavily damaged by fire, but said he could not discuss the condition of the body.

voices.washingtonpost.com...

Picture of vehicle and victim...

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

And that's exactly what they want you to think.

Think about that

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by didact
A source familiar with the incident, speaking on the condition of anonymity because it is still under investigation, said the SUV was "about seven-eighths of the way" into the garage and was stopped "at a weird angle." He said the vehicle was heavily damaged by fire, but said he could not discuss the condition of the body.

voices.washingtonpost.com...

Picture of vehicle and victim...

Sounds like the car was on fire beforehand. Maybe a bomb and fire in the car as she was backing out of the garage.

edit on 10-1-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-1-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
And how the hell can the car just burst into flames with a low speed crash?

It just doesn't make sense... unless she was smoking while she crashed and somehow she didn't even have time to get out of the car before the whole car was on fire...

If she wasn't a smoker... it's even more suspicious.

And she was central in deals for the corporation she worked for... and she dies the SAME DAY her corporation is bought by a competitor? Really?
edit on 10-1-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3  4 >>

join