It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What elected officials will not ask.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
My discloseure; I in no way condone these acts of violence. Freakin shame I have to put that out there...but there it is.

*** Everyone needs to look in the mirror: Does Saturday’s tragedy in Arizona offer a new chance for civility, or simply a pause? … GOP-led House cancels all legislative activity this week, including health-care repeal… Obama calls for a national moment of silence today at 11:00 am ET… But will the kumbaya last?... Everyone needs to look the mirror -- combative conservatives, vociferous liberals, and even the news media…

firstread.msnbc.msn.com...

The big question ALL ELECTED OFFICIALS WILL NOT ASK is; WHY ARE THE PEOPLE UPSET WITH US???

NEW YORK, NY (September 7, 2010) – Today in a federal lawsuit filed on behalf of the National Press Photographers Association, the American Civil Liberties Union and NPPA joined in a Constitutional challenge of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security's laptop search policy at the border.

www.nppa.org...

Janet Napolitano was apparent target of D.C. package, widening investigation

www.csmonitor.com...

Two explosive packages were found at separate state government

www.foxbusiness.com...

(CNN) -- The Great Recession has been an economic catastrophe for jobless and underemployed American workers and their families. The December jobs report issued Friday shows only modest private-sector job growth and offers slim hope that the nation's 15 million unemployed are going to find relief anytime soon.

www.cnn.com...

Yet, the political “representatives” (thieves, liars, and self-serving scumbags is far more accurate) have endless time to sit around for year after year and debate the state of the “terrible health care problem”. It’s clear they see no crisis as long as the dead people don’t get in the way of their corporate profits rolling in.

www.businessinsider.com...

With Illinois’s budget crisis reaching dizzying, desperate levels, lawmakers here over the weekend were seriously pondering something that would have been unimaginable even a few months ago: a 75 percent increase in the state’s income tax.

www.cnbc.com...

This list can go on, on and on..... My point is that, with all the talk and chatter that conspiracy sites and the people being able to talk about issues and discuss different points of views has become a danger in the U.S. WTF is this about???

As you can see from the above links, not one post is from a "conspiracy site".
To answer the question asked above. It's because We the People are aware!!! We're not We the Sheeple they want us to be. So maybe the public servants (I say that with tongue in cheek) should ask themselves, where have we gone wrong and how can we change that course??? If "TPTB" monitoring these boards would like the answer to that question all you need to do is read the logical, thought out posts on any given issue that we face today and listen to We the People.

I'm not baby sitting this thread, so I'm sure it'll be burried in no time.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
the british once controlled our govt (pre-1776).. they said what patriots did was bad or wrong.. yet where would we as a nation be if the patriots had been too afraid to stand in the face of adversity?

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
What we are experiencing is an out of touch and expanding bureaucracy that is completely incompetent and unresponsive. They have not made any serious attempts at solving the employment crisis, debt crisis, or health care crisis. None of these issues have been addressed but rather politicized. Little good it does the unemployed guy who can’t find a job, but don’t worry they will be sure to use you as their example on why they are right and the others are wrong.

Why do we need civil liberties? Janet Napolitano can become our national mommy and take care of us all, she has those rights appointed by the Constitution. Oh wait, no she doesn’t.

What Americans are seeing and responding to is complete and udder incompetent and out of touch bureaucrats and politicians who are huddled together away from John Doe in Washington, D.C. with their think tank, PAC, lobbyist, and business buddies all discussing what the ‘real problems’ in America are.

We keep telling Washington what we want and why we are angry and their response? Lie to our face and push the policies further behind closed doors. That’s what we get out of this deal; Lies, secrecy, and broken promises. Well Americans are pretty tired of this and many are beginning to snap, doing irrational things to make their voice heard.

The media is no help either as everything to them has to be about political polarization. The whole system is broken, everyone has lost touch with main street. The media doesn’t get us, Washington doesn’t get us, CEO’s do not get us, no one understands the ordinary American any more or their thoughts.

So now we must live in a country where frustrated people are expressing their anger in a counter-productive way.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
It's nearly to the point that a majority of paychecks come from the public sector. These are for the most part unecessary jobs that promote the flawed system we have. There will always be the group who will fight for their right to be overpaid and underworked. After all, it's the american way. We the people, when push comes to shove on some issues, won't be as big a group as it could be.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Then there's this little bit:

Republican Rep. Jason Chaffetz of Utah and Democratic Rep. Heath Shuler of North Carolina both told Politico they planned to carry guns while in their home districts.

www.cnn.com...

Agian, they will not ask themselves (why are we in this situation?)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Another attempt to get this post out.

U.S. debt passed $14 trillion today!!!
www.usdebtclock.org

Nothing to see here folks, I don't understand why people are upset

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Something definitely very odd is happening.

Coincidence might be 1 or 2 occurrences, but with the incendiary packages, tucson, and the others found dead, things are definitely out of whack.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by 5 oClock

Another attempt to get this post out.

U.S. debt passed $14 trillion today!!!
www.usdebtclock.org

Nothing to see here folks, I don't understand why people are upset

No I'm not upset to find out the Federal Reserve wrote big bouncy RUBBER checks for 40% of that 14 trillion by using a checkbook without a bank account attached.

Now their partners in crime in the District of Criminals are surprised we are upset that half our pay checks are stolen by the Federal Reserve looters and thieves????

Pandora has opened that box and nothing the District of Criminals can do is going to make people forget. Just google: "Federal Reserve" thieves and you get 2,900,000 results

The Federal Reserve's - Zero reserve - scam only worked when people did not understand fractional reserve banking. Since Foreclosuregate that is less and less true. I am not sure where we go from here but the District of Criminals is now between a rock and a hard place and I think they finally got that wake-up call.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

Just reading your post made me smile. Thanks for that.

Maybe the people are upset at something like this:

Tax free criminals. Terminate unconstitutional tax.
* Posted by Elizabeth T on January 3, 2011 at 2:38am in General Discussion

The fact is that most US Corporations are doing illegal off shoring and illegal imports, making maximum profits at the expense of American workers and our prosperity.

Banks collapsed our economy and we got bankrupt mortgage companies Fannie Freddie with potential liability to taxpayers - 5 Trillion.

Federal Reserve System is buying these mortgages from banks and transfer these bad mortgages to Fannie, Freddie, nationalized at our cost.

These companies are creating billions of losses and collapsed most small banks that were holding Fannie Freddie Mortgage Backed Securities.

teaparty.freedomworks.org...

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Debades get heated, emotions can run strong. A society that wants a democracy needs to be able to take it and act fairly rational and not be baited by opinion making. Crazy people can not take it, in this case he was ticked off by politics, the next nut is ticked off by unrequited love, are we going to ban politics and love?

It was poor judgement on her part. She lets her guard down in public and maybe he knew that about her and thats why he picked her. The averge citizen does not think any less of public figures who take appropriate actions to protect themselves. Out of 100.000 people there might be only one nut, but one is all it takes.
edit on 10-1-2011 by Cassius666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

BMW Explodes in Arlington January 11th, 2011 Two exploding BMWs in two days, within about six miles of each other… Move along, citizen, nothing to see here? Perhaps. That’s why we have the Coincidence category.

cryptogon.com...

It is three to four blocks away from the high-security headquarters of the Defense Information Systems Agency.

??? Still looking into this one.

Crap, initial search found nothing.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 11-1-2011 by 5 oClock because: burntheships had a thread already

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Five, I love your original premise as well as the comments that followed. Because things in washington are so corrupt, only a real 'outsider' can break the chain. I say it's time for a man like Donald Trump, and the number one reason we need him is, he can win. We need 'the Donald'.

top topics

join