It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bin's Back

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   
3 years since 9/11 and that crafty 'ole bugger Bin is still at large....

and he's got big plans, too....

doesn't seem like Operation Iraqi Freedom stopped him.....

maybe it's time we admit it was a mistake, pull the troops out and
not give this yutz anymore excuses to target us?

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- A plot to carry out a large-scale terror attack against the United States in the near future is being directed by Osama bin Laden and other top al Qaeda members, senior intelligence officials said Thursday.

Bin Laden and his top lieutenant, Ayman al-Zawahiri, are overseeing the attack plans from their remote hideouts somewhere along the Afghanistan-Pakistan border, according to senior intelligence officials.

"This type of plotting, this type of operational activity, is being done with the direct direction and authorization of that senior leadership," said one official, who spoke on condition of anonymity.
us.cnn.com...
(rest of the article is on CNN)

*Mod edit: ALWAYS include a link to your source material.*

[edit on 8-7-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Funny! They can't seem to find the old goat lover but they can tell you that Bin and his buddies want to wage another major attack against the US!! Something just doesn't ring true here!

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Notice how news of attacks always seems to come from "senior intelligence officials".......

Are they any more reliable than "junior intelligence officials"? Is there such a thing as "junior" intelligence officials"?

As "senior intelligence officials", why would they again leak something like this to the media- annonymous or not?

Everything that is leaked is done so for a reason. Any good lawyer will tell you, a question is not asked unless the answer is known before asking.

If these people are going to attack, they are going to do so like they did last time, when we least expect it.

All the "warnings" do is terrorize the people who don't know who, what, when or where these attacks will take place. Everyone becomes suspicious of their neighbor.

"New World Order"? More like "War of the Worlds" to me.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   
If these people are going to attack, they are going to do so like they did last time, when we least expect it.

All the "warnings" do is terrorize the people who don't know who, what, when or where these attacks will take place. Everyone becomes suspicious of their neighbor.

I have to agree. We will never see it coming if and when it happens.I just expect it any time. My guess is that the gov. know a lot more than they ever tell and whos to say that most of the time, some are in on the planning.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mako0956
Everything that is leaked is done so for a reason. Any good lawyer will tell you, a question is not asked unless the answer is known before asking.

If the "Intelligence Officials" don't leak it and it happens, everyone will complain that it was kept from the public. Everytime there is a disaster like this, people dig back and do congressional investigations to see if someone new beforehand and didn't do anything. At least if it is leaked out before, no one can say "You knew and didn't tell anyone?"

These intelligence guys can't win. If they don't tell they are investigated. If they do tell they are accused of fearmongering...

What should they do?

Also...The Iraq war wasn't after Bin Laden...His war was the Afgan war...Hussein was the Iraq war, and we got him.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   
i am guessing that was for me since i was the one who said they are probably in on it. geez buddy take it easy. i just made an observation. nobody set it in stone. you have to admit, some of the things the higher ups release to the public just sound fishy. you have a good day now.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Give them any more reason to attack us..what the hell is that. We did not give them a reason to attack us in the first place. But I'm sure if we tuck our tail and run home they won't ever ever bother us again. please take off the rose colored glasses!

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   
All this is just a fear tactic. Isn't it funny how Kerry announced Edwards as VP then this big "al qaeda threat" is all through the media. Bin Laden is not a threat. Bush however is.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Of course, Osama Bin Laden and his Al-Qaeda network are always around when G. W. Bush needs him the most.

They know he is planning to attack American Soil, but they can't find him? They have credible sources, yet they don't investigate these sources to find and capture Osama Bin Laden?

They know that he is in Pakistan somewhere, yet they just leave him there so he and his Al-Aqaeda network can continue to attack American interests?

In other news: G. W. Bush informs the CIA to pay a hefty amount of money to his associate, Osama, to take the blame for another terrorist attack on American soil before the elections.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Some of you just dont seem to get it do you? This is a holy war, in some ways more like "Total War". Pulling our troops out of iraq isnt gonna stop anything. What you think that if O'l george pulls us out of there that O'l Bin is just gonna say "oh thanks for that, im having a poker game this saturday, come on over". Hah. Whether we pull out or not, these animals are gonna stop at nothing. You dont seem to realize that these guys are VERY persistent, sooner or later they're gonna get in here, its just a matter of time.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Osama bin Laden... I swear, that guy is harder to kill than a roach on steroids!

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Thats probably because he is more alive in the hearts and minds of the American and European people than he actually is in real life (if he is alive) I mean isn't he supposed to by suffering serious kidney probalems that require dialysis?

He is the figurehead, and evil symbol that Bush neede for his 'WAr on terror' campaign. I think in the future people may change their minds on who the actual terrorists really were at this time in history.

Old articles with some good info.
www.cnn.com...
www.cbsnews.com...
worldnetdaily.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by AgentMulder320
Pulling our troops out of iraq isnt gonna stop anything.

Its becomming rather obvious these days that going INTO iraq didn't stop much of anything either. The contrary even, it started a whole big load of # that'll hurt us for years to come.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
curious - I agree w/u; Bin will go after us no matter what. I worded
my initial post incorrectly.

Since he's hell bent on killing all infindels one would think we might
refrain from inticing him.

Our being in Iraq thrills him; it has helped his Jihad. Why people don't get this is beyond me. Our support of Isreal, the sanctions we put on Iraq way back when which starved all those Iraqi kids - Bin uses all this to recruit followers. *Read his letters* then ask youself if our invading Iraq was wise.

Read a book by a CIA operative who said Bin is indeed planning to attack the US to alter the election. HE WANTS TO ALTER IT IN FAVOR OF BUSH.
Bin likes Bush, you see, because Bush does things like invade Iraq!

They think he's stupid.

The goal of the attack, according to this CIA agent is for the nation to RALLY AROUND BUSH AFTER IT OCCURS.

Keep that in mind, guys.

I'd post the title of the book but I got reprimanded for doing just that
on another Iraq discussion board. Ah, democracy.

You gotta wonder whether or not the current administration WANTS
the attack to occur so the nation does indeed rally around them afterward.

Not saying they do - but it's a possibility.

What's up with the "Senior Officer" thing? You are right - one never
hears from "Junior Officers". They must be like, Covert Gophers or something.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I keep wording myself wrong. Don't mean to say we are INTICING
him by being in Iraq. I mean...WE ARE SUPPLYING HIM WITH MORE AMMO TO RECRUIT FOLLOWERS.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Junior Official, Senior Official, its all the same. The government is forced to try and anticipate where a determined enemy might try and attack and warn us accordingly. I wonder how many of the previous warnings were accurate. Maybe none. Maybe some attacks were actually called off because the attackers saw that the attack was anticiapted and counter measures were in place.
All we can do is try to be prepared while going about our lives.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
In my opinion, historically, terrorists have wanted Democrats in the White House. Sure you could say that having a good enemy as President will get you some new angry followers, but lots of them may be extinguished as well.

Look back at the Iranian hostage situation. It was quickly wrapped up once they realized that Reagan was on the way in as the next president. Carter was pretty easy on them, I don't think Reagan would have been.

They were glad when Clinton won.

The terrorists had a hay day for 8 long years while Clinton let them do as they pleased while he did all his hanky panky in the oval office and weakened our military. I don't remember seeing lots of Muslims carrying pictures of Clinton around to spit on and burning him in effigy. Why was that? Maybe because he was no threat to their terrorist buddies?

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Who cares if Bin is back. He never went away. Did your way of life in America change. Mine did not. I get up in the morning, go to work and forage to stay alive. I, and millions of other Americans due to same thing.
Does it really matter who the Terrorist are. I see them coming from our Northern and Southern borders and don,t forget the Middle East foreigners. What difference does it really make? We have been under attack by foreigners since the 1950s.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Good point Leip. ECK and BB why exactly would Bin want to keep Bush in the Whitehouse? Regardless of your opinion on Iraq you would have to admit that Bin has been hurt by the loss of free movement in Afghanistan and the destruction of the Taliban regime.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Bin Laden recruits followers in this manner:

he reinforces all the bad things we've done to muslims.
Ie: supporting isreal, dropping bombs on 'Palenstine',
starving Iraqi kids through sanctions, buying oil inexpensively
from the Saudis, etc...

the message to prospective suicide bombers is:

THE US WORKS WITH JEWS, WHO KILL US.
AMERICANS INVADE OUR LAND TO STEAL OUR OIL.

READ BIN LADEN'S LETTERS. YOU WILL HEAR ALL THIS.

Bin was saying these things PRIOR to our invading Iraq.

Now use your heads people. Pretend you are a muslim whose
considering joining the Jihad against us. The Jihad, by the way,
is the Holy War. It's aim is to wipe out the infidels.

Pretend your a kid whose considering joining Bin's Jihad.
You are like: "I hate the US. They DO steal our oil and support Isreal.
But I'm not sure if it's worth dying over."

THEN BOOM. BUSH INVADES IRAQ.

He now confirms many muslim's fears. THE US IS INDEED INVADING OUR LANDS TO STEAL OUR OIL. BIN IS RIGHT!! JOIN THE JIHAD TO DRIVE THEM OUT!!!

I mean give me a break, people. This is like...basic stuff here.
Forget Demcrat or Republican. That's irrelevant. Bush is not considered
to be a bright man by many in the world. Bin Laden SEES how Bush
is letting our troops get slaughtered over there. He SEES how Bush
had no regard for the fact his actions fueled Bin's Jihad.

How come europeans get this and Americans don't????
How come the French, Germans, Irish and many in England GET THIS???

I'm sorry to sound rude but Americans have earned their reputations
for being stupid. It's a blankin' embarrassment.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join