It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning... this is for discussion only, do not be mad! Todays shooting have a "positive"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Now, hear me out before you flame..

I know that innocent lives were lost, and I know one was a child. I am not claiming that this was a GOOD thing to happen, however..

Anyone who has looked at ATS lately will realize, that more and more people in power (i.e. cops, judges, lawyers, politicians) are being hated on more and more because of their emboldened attitude of invincibility due to their positions?

I think if ONE positive thing has come from this, it is instilling fear into the "elite" in the knowledge that there are still brave citizens willing to sacrafice their life for true justice for our country...

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by dmefoc

This murderer is not a "brave citizen". He's a cowardly killer.

I heard you out and it stinks.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by phoenix103

I should add a few things..

1) I am indifferent as far as the politicians (congresswoman and judge) that were shot, I do think the senseless murder of innocents was not ok, and this is a BAD event

2) I am not calling HIM or HIS ACTIONS brave, im asking if the fear of more citizens being willing to fight back for their country (come in the "brave citizens") is a good thing

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

the only difference between a "cowardly killer" and a "brave citizen" is how many people they have on their side. That said I can understand where the OP is coming from(I agree that the political puppets need a wake up call) but this is certainly not the way to go about it and killing innocent people Is never acceptable.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by dmefoc

The woman isn't just a politician, she's first and foremost, a human being with family, friends and all the normal thoughts and emotions we have. Regardless of whether you share her politics, she didn't deserve some loser coming up to her and shooting her in the head a point blank range!

Appreciate that you are not condoning this behaviout but referencing this action and referring to those fighting against oppression in the way you have infers support for him.

Anyway, i'm not flaming as i don't believe you think shooting people in the head is ok. If i did, my reply wouldn't be quite so charitable!

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWizard

the only difference between a "cowardly killer" and a "brave citizen" is how many people they have on their side. That said I can understand where the OP is coming from(I agree that the political puppets need a wake up call) but this is certainly not the way to go about it and killing innocent people Is never acceptable.

I wholeheartedly agree with you, innocent people dying = not ok.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthWizard

Even *if* this guy had a cause (from what we can tell he was some loser who believed in numerology etc) then shooting people going about their lives is not the way to go about it!

In terms of PR its significantly worse than that of the Gulf of Mexico oilspill.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
After years of lurking, this board still never ceases to surprise me. Every time I visit, and see topics like this, a little part of me dies inside. I think I'm just going to go and lurk somewhere else for awhile.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by dmefoc

I agree OP. It's horrible that people died and nobody should lose their life for anything. The thing is, I don't think they will be any different. They will shrug it off as usual. Nothing changed when Kennedy was assasinated...

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
WHY CANT PEOPLE DEBATE WITHOUT EMOTIONS?
so frustrating u dont get anything more out of it then having your own feelings validated.
yeah she has a family and all that blah blah but why did this guy do it? big picture people
we will never see the big picture if always our first reaction is to put a feeling to it.
this is wrong.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by questcequecest

There is no big picture in someone who is mentally unbalanced murdering multiple people.

If you cannot see that, i worry for you.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Anyone whom says or does anything someone may disagree with should consider themselves a target, if I am getting the ops correctly.
All this embolding action of showing up in public...do they not know that the people are barely able to coherently put words together...how dare they stand in front of people and not expect anyone whom disagrees to not shoot them.

Ya, totally brave..he murdered random innocents and tried to gun down people doing their job.

I hear somolia is full of brave people like this...you should go check it out.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by dmefoc

Originally posted by dmefoc
I think if ONE positive thing has come from this, it is instilling fear into the "elite" in the knowledge that there are still brave citizens willing to sacrafice their life for true justice for our country...

History teaches fear results in rule with an iron fist.

You couldn't be more wrong.

Moreover, why are innocent, hardworking, successful Americans the "elite" and the killer a "brave citizen"?

You need to wake up buddy, 'cuz you really have that one wrong.

edit on 9-1-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by questcequecest

Most are known with their middle names as their full names are released when they are identified and frequently sticks!

Nothing spooky about it!

new topics

top topics

join