It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Sarah Palin is Guilty!

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

The above video shows leftists calling for violence and revolution. How much damage is caused by rioting? How many of you want to be caught in the middle of a pack of progressives out of control and rioting as they re-distribute the wealth?
edit on 11-1-2011 by Serenity08 because: found youtube video

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Serenity08

The above video shows leftists calling for violence and revolution. How much damage is caused by rioting? How many of you want to be caught in the middle of a pack of progressives out of control and rioting as they re-distribute the wealth?

That is off topic and blatant political trolling. You've been around awhile; have you had a chance to see this?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

also a review of the T&C might be benificial
edit on 11-1-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I think you need to calm down.

I prefaced what I said with the following:

I'm not casting aspersion on you with this, so bear with me here

Indeed all I did was ask a very poignant questions...

1. if the Republican Right and the Democrat Left's ideologies are too hardcore, destructive, and divisive, how is meeting in a place between two destructive forces a good thing?

2. I posit that the only real moderates are members like Ron Paul or Dennis Kucinich who, despite my misgivings to Mr. Kucinich for being a lefty, are both obviously taking their oaths seriously.

How you responded is not very reasonable considering that I have not attacked you in anyway. You made an assertion and I challenged you to clear it up:

I think your ideology is clear by calling Mr. Kucinich a "lefty"....No matter what I say I'm afraid that your ideology with get in the way of your common sense and Ive had enough aspersions cast on me for one day, so I'll just leave it at that. I get the feeling that you are trolling just like stewie and I don't need it!

I also said this

I posit that the only real moderates are members like Ron Paul or Dennis Kucinich who, despite my misgivings to Mr. Kucinich for being a lefty, are both obviously taking their oaths seriously.
Emphasis added

My ideology, sir, is not in question. I'm not required to be unbiased in my political views and neither are you.

And if YOU had been paying any attention to the thread you'd have seen these gems:
All of my in thread posts

While I do take exception to the notion that the Tea Party had something to do with Loughner, I'd take equal displeasure in seeing anyone on the right that I agree with doing the same thing. It is not a logical to ascribe political machinations and conclusions to an incident no one had any data on.

I do, and still do, take exception and offense with the speed and veracity with which the left attempted to place blame on the Tea Parties and Sarah Palin(whom I believe to be a complete tool) and in the same breath told America and the world that somehow it was only right wing rhetoric that causes violence...

I find that hypocritical and intellectually dishonest. All ideology aside, to a dispassionate observer, this would appear to be someone jumping the gun to get ahead of a narrative and hoping it pans out the way it was done by lefties after the OK City bombing.
edit on 11-1-2011 by Lunatic Pandora because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

I didn’t say, or imply such a thing. All I said was that she and those like her who uses symbols of violence like she did may have assisted in an atmosphere that caused the violence.

In that sense she is guilty, not literally in a legal or moral sense but she herself now understands that what she did is wrong since she took down the site herself.

Fair enough.

I basically wanted to make the point -not necessarily to you personally- that many folks have jumped on her site as a catalyst, and whether the shooter even saw it or not remains an unknown.

I do agree her site was remarkably inappropriate, particularly in today's political climate.

edit on 1/11/2011 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

edit on 11-1-2011 by Serenity08 because: found youtube video

There is a difference in what those excerpts are illuminating and the inciting of violence. The wealthy folks like David Koch of instance and the guy he funded for years to build the News Corp empire, Rupert Murdoch are obviously actively perpetrating an preplanned and well organized attempt to incite a civil war between political ideologies, right vs left. Tea Bags vs the rest, moderates to the far left. That Tea Bag movement is an attempt to organize a eventual armed militia. The reason. They know their top economic class has been ripping everyone off by pushing through so called "Free Trade" agreements and braking trade unions in this country so that there is no collective conduit to fund media exposure to what they are all up to. They realize people are wising up to what exactly they have been up to for years. Which is to create a serfdom and fiefdom society. They know they are in the wrong. That's why they feed, instruct, all their talking heads to try and make "class warfare" a dirty term for instance. From The Wall Street Journal to Fox News they have been hard at work doing so. Those excerpts are simply folks warning that the economic inequalities better start balancing out soon and get them back to at least what they were in the 1950's, or their plan to keep the masses fighting amongst themselves, and hoping for a civil war may backfire on them. Plunging this country back, reverting us, into a state that was witnessed in this country back to the early 1860's. Only North vs South will be the Poor/middle class vs the super Rich.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Is everybody a troll that challenges your dogma? Remember, you are the one that stated that being a "moderate" is the answer to our political strife, yet called me a troll for asking exactly what a moderate believes. Instead, you call ME a troll.
I have to admit, you drew me in to your confrontational left vs. right, WE ALL LOSE argument, instead of a constructive debate.
I guess we are all a bit on edge?
I don't know.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stewie
reply to post by whaaa

Is everybody a troll that challenges your dogma? Remember, you are the one that stated that being a "moderate" is the answer to our political strife, yet called me a troll for asking exactly what a moderate believes. Instead, you call ME a troll.
I have to admit, you drew me in to your confrontational left vs. right, WE ALL LOSE argument, instead of a constructive debate.
I guess we are all a bit on edge?
I don't know.

Yes I define myself as a moderate. Also a veteran, businessman, Christian, Republican, entrepreneur, Texan, gun owner, musician, fly fisherman, Husband, filmmaker, actor, union member of AFTRA/SAG.
I admit I don't know how other moderates think but for me, it's Live and let live, do no harm to others, threaten no one, pay my taxes, and mind my own business.

I have also had the designation from conservatives as a "people like you"..........so be it. When I see injustice, threats, arrogance, or stupidity I have as much right as anyone else to call you on it. I can dish it out as well as take it.

I am comfortable in my life both economically, spiritually and psychologically. I am ashamed of some of the things I did when I was addicted to alcohol and drugs and I make no excuses and accept complete responsibility.

And I stand by my stance that violent rhetoric from the right or left does not serve this country and in my opinion most of the hate come from the right. That is my opinion and as an American, I have a right to express it.

You happy now Stewie? Your turn....
edit on 11-1-2011 by whaaa because: add stuff

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

That is off topic and blatant political trolling. You've been around awhile; have you had a chance to see this?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

also a review of the T&C might be benificial

How is exposing outright calls for revolution and violence by liberals in a thread about it being Palin's fault off topic? I am exposing the outright hypocrisy of those who want to point a some symbols in Palin's site and ignore this montage which shows how the left feels about those who disagree with them. Where did I violate T&C?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Serenity08

That video you posted was evidence you have an ax to grind and to promote your ideology. Have at it! I'm tired and I'm thru with the hate and being called...."people like you" because I differ from the current right leaning progression the board has taken.

Perhaps I was a bit hasty in the T&C remark, it was a heated debate. You have your opinion and I have mine.

I'm tired and I'm gonna take my "moderate butt" out to the jacuzzi with a beautiful woman and have a Corona and look at the stars.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Well, Whaaa,
I don't know how you feel about the direction this country is headed, I suspect that you might be angry. See, this is where we may disagree.
I see the federal reserve as the biggest theft of human wealth that could possibly exist in a monetary system. But, a moderate might just think that if the interest rate is low, that all is well. As a moderate, what do YOU think?
I see the wars overseas as the biggest waste of money that a human that is trapped into forced taxation could ever envision, but that is how I see it. How does your moderate mind see it?
I see a government that goes to every extreme to make it ABSOLUTELY clear that a congresswoman's life is more important than a soldiers life, because a dead soldier does not change our war policy, but an injured congressman or woman can certainly change our "constitution".
How does the moderate mind reconcile that?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Stewie

To be perfectly honest, I think America has lost it's soul. Now it is so corrupt and rapidly becoming a corporate fascist country that it is beyond repair. I think I have a handle on being able to see the signs and the means to bail before the hammer comes down.

I have already made plans to sit out Americas bloody future and watch it on TV in some country that still has some semblance of civility and honor.

Good luck with your Revolution! Actually it won't be a revolution, it will become a race war within the first 2 weeks.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

If I had any sense myself I would find an island with a big screen television to watch it all go down, this revolution...but I get the feeling that some people get their kicks watching other people kill each other and I don't want to be associated with that group.
The truth is, we are ruled by violent people that only understand violence. The rule of law, just empty words.
What do you do?
I am actually just an artist, I would rather do creative stuff. But the world is whack right now, something has to be done, and the first step in my opinion is a firm grasp on who the enemy of humanity is.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
UPDATE:

Most Americans do not blame political rhetoric for AZ shootings, survey says

A majority of Americans reject the view that heated political rhetoric was a factor in the weekend shootings in Arizona which killed six and critically wounded a congresswoman, a CBS News poll said on Tuesday.

...nationwide telephone poll found that, "57 percent of respondents said the harsh political tone had nothing to do with the shooting, compared to 32 percent who felt it did."

Rejection of a link was strongest among Republicans, 69 percent of whom felt harsh rhetoric was not related to the attack, while 19 percent thought it played a part.

Among Democrats 49 percent placed no blame on the heated political tone against 42 percent who did. Among independents the split was 56 percent to 33 percent, CBS said.

It said its poll of 673 adults had a margin of error of plus or minus four percentage points.

Places this into perspective.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Truly sickening how folks on the left began pointing fingers while the bodies were still warm.
I wonder if any lefties went through anyof the vics wallets?
Can't blame Palin when this freak has had a thing for Giffords for over 3 years, pre Palin.

I think John Lennon is more to blame than Palin.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Truly sickening how folks on the left began pointing fingers while the bodies were still warm.
I wonder if any lefties went through anyof the vics wallets?
Can't blame Palin when this freak has had a thing for Giffords for over 3 years, pre Palin.

I think John Lennon is more to blame than Palin.

Never let a perfectly good crisis go to waste.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Paul Krugman and his minions charged out there trying to teach the American people how to think and failed.
The CBS polling data is in. Obama will have to rewrite his speech.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Blame Palin.

Blame Obama.

Blame the Left Wing media outlets.

Blame the Right Wing media outlets.

Blame. Blame. Blame. Blame.

Never let an opportunity to find a convenient scapegoat that'll serve a political agenda pass... Personal accountability be damned.

A deranged individual who, IMHO, fell through a crack or two in the system has caused a lot of grief in his deluded attempt at attention grabbing (he succeeded in rather remarkable fashion).

Was political rhetoric to blame for triggering him? I don't know, nor do any of you self proclaimed experts, for none of us read minds or souls.

Words have power. Power to move us to acts of extreme bravery. Or, as in this case, acts of extreme brutality. Does that mean we must curtail speech that may inflame passions to a boiling point? No. Words are how we communicate our thoughts...our passions...and any number of other things. To curtail that is to curtail change.

Palin is in no way guilty of anything remotely resembling responsibility for this nutjobs actions. Are his parents guilty? After all, they brought him into the world. His freinds? They afterall didn't urge him to get help strongly enough?

Where does the game of finding guilt end?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
The only person guilty is Jared. We have free speech, and people can say what they will, and we also have TV shows and movies, and they are what they are, we can't and should not shut down free speech because of some nuts. Media influences people all the time, but that does not shift the blame. Look at gang crime loving rap, and all the young black kids that seek to emulate that lifestyle, if anything should be banned it should be that, but then if they banned that, then what would be next? No, we must preserve our free speech, but we do need to get a control of and remove the nuts from out society.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by inforeal
No one for one minute believes that the assassin went out and shot those people for Sarah Plain’s causes.

That’s not the issue at all. The issue simply is her violent rhetoric can and may have connected with a man who is mentally unstable; and it can happen again.

May have or may not have does not prove guilt.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
reply to post by Serenity08

I'm tired and I'm gonna take my "moderate butt" out to the jacuzzi with a beautiful woman and have a Corona and look at the stars.

Now that's the life.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

After reading the op, and looking at all of the information that is stated, the following can be said:
The shooter did not read or follow Sarah Palin. The conclusion that was made can be applied to any who would commit an act of violence. For example should we hold Hollywood or Jodi Foster responsible for the attempted assassination of President Regan? After all the shooter stated he was doing such, cause he saw Foster in the movie Taxi, and wanted to impress her. How about the number of young people who commit acts of violence, due to what they see on TV or in video games, should those industries be held accountable to the actions of a few people? Better yet, how about the political system in itself, how both political parties, will use the exact same tactics during campaigns, and before such, to get their base riled up, should they also not be held accountable for the actions of a few nut jobs? Or how about religion, as they have been known and reported on using rhetoric to spur violent actions, such as the killings of abortion doctors, and even stating about killing or the destruction of one group or another, targeting those they would find undesirable. The answer is no, it is not what is read or seen, or stated, rather it is more to the person doing the action, as it is them and only them, so it stands to reason that the person who did the senseless shooting in Arizona that ultimately is to blame for the actions. All information and indications, from every news source all say the same thing: This guy did not listen or follow Sarah Palin, or any other news agency, or any talk show. He did it on his own.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join