It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Sarah Palin is Guilty!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
No one for one minute believes that the assassin went out and shot those people for Sarah Plain’s causes.

That’s not the issue at all. The issue simply is her violent rhetoric can and may have connected with a man who is mentally unstable; and it can happen again.

It doesn’t matter whether this assassin was a left winger, right winger or apolitical, it is his mental state that is the question and famous people who use inflammatory rhetoric like Palin can affect all kinds of people and particularly the mentally deranged.

I’m happy she finally has the sense to take down that rhetoric about reloading and putting human beings she doesn’t agree with in crosshairs.

I don’t believe a logical sane follower of Palin would ever assassinate anyone.
But if one has the ear of millions of people as Palin does then she should have the sense to refrain from such rhetoric, but she obviously doesn’t.

Of course now she takes down the site that has those inflammatory words toward democrats. That alone is an admission that it was wrong and immoral to do in the first place.

+20 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

How many of these threads do we need?

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

As many as it takes to stop violence and ignorance from ruining America!

+54 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Moreover, the point made in this thread is ridiculous.

Whatever happened to personal responsibility and accountability? I think it's a crime in and of itself to provide the killer cover by suggesting "Sarah Palin made him do it."

You people scare me.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
only in america does this sort of thing happen,you people are all brain washed.
like the bird threads why cant we just be efficent and put it all in the one thread. everyone wants to be the person to crack the story for their own little personal whatever, its just like david byrne says "same as it ever was"

www.youtube.com...

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

What should scare you is your understanding capacity—it is lacking.

If you are in a powerful position to influence people and you abuse it with inflammatory rhetoric that can possibly influence others to do harm, then that is irresponsible. That is my point.

If she did no wrong then why take down the web site in question?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam

Moreover, the point made in this thread is ridiculous.

Whatever happened to personal responsibility and accountability? I think it's a crime in and of itself to provide the killer cover by suggesting "Sarah Palin made him do it."

When you're mentally unstable "personal responsibility and accountability" isn't part of their reality. I think the OP's point is, any kind of political rhetoric can have an impression on unstable minds.

+28 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by inforeal
What should scare you is your understanding capacity—it is lacking.

Really?

Did Palin say those people should be assassinated? Or did you just simply conveniently connect the dots because it serves a political perspective you have?

Am I to be concerned now that something I may have posted here on this board could incite someone to violence? Will you be part of the government team to come snatch me in the middle of the night from my home because my threads are too critical of someone or something?

And you have the gall to assert my comprehension is lacking?

Simpleton math.

Perspectives like your invite tyranny.

EDITED to add:

Here... 30 seconds of simple searching:

A History Of Obama’s Violent Rhetoric

1. “Whose Ass To Kick”

2. Bring a Gun to A Knife Fight

3. “Argue With Neighbors, Get In Their Face”

4. “I don’t want to quell anger… I’m angry!”

5. “Get out of the way”

6. “Gearing up for a Fight”

7. “Hit Back Twice As Hard”

or this PRECISE example

I'm sure if I spent another 30 seconds, I could find even more. But you wont see me making the same feeble argument you've made.

edit on 9-1-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Hey I am tired of Sarah Palin; she should be rubbed out.

STOP! I don’t mean that please, God forbid.

May she live a long and happy life.

Don’t you see the irresponsibility of such words?

Lets say I am popular as Barack Obama and I go around saying Republicans should be taken out.
Does that make sense? Is that moral?

BTW I dont defend Obama, I think he is as bad as your beloved Sarah Palin!
You just wont admit the obvious

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Sarah Palin is guilty, alright. Guilty of being an embarrassment to the American people, and guilty of being an ignorant, stupid woman who needs to be slapped silly. I am honestly offended that even a single person can take her mildly serious, both as a politician and a citizen in general. But, hey, at least her stupid self is more representative of the majority of the American people than an intelligent person who actually knows what he is talking about.

+13 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Hey I am tired of Sarah Palin; she should be rubbed out.

STOP! I don’t mean that please, God forbid.

May she live a long and happy life.

Don’t you see the irresponsibility of such words?

Lets say I am popular as Barack Obama and I go around saying Republicans should be taken out.
Does that make sense? Is that moral?

BTW I dont defend Obama, I think he is as bad as your beloved Sarah Palin!
You just wont admit the obvious

Let's be clear. You chose the thread title and argument. You didn't just make the point that what she does is in bad taste or in poor form. You singled her out and called her GUILTY, accusing her of direct responsibility for the shootings and killings.

When we arrive at a place that such loose associations are sufficient to indict someone with the actions of another, tyranny will have made its comfortable home in this nation. Wake up and think for yourself!

Demand personal accountability and stop feeding into the red-herring BS.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

I don't know what kind of context you took these Obama quotes from, but I think all politicians left and right need to stop with the rhetoric. I think this unfortunate tragedy has opened some eyes and politicians now need to stop attacking each other and start working together to solve this countries problems. When you create an atmosphere of rhetoric it's hard to trust anyone, let alone work together for the common good.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
OK, if the shooter danced his way in before going on a shooting frenzy then YES, it was Palin's fault .
But he didn't, he was just another left wing lunatic with a gun.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

I can agree with your point.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

I assure you; I think for myself, ask anyone who has read any of my posts on any topic I have endeavored to comment on.

You have not at all dealt with any of my points. It is as if you have merely read the Palin critique and responded based on your own emotional bond with that woman.

Do you concede that an individual, who has the ear of millions and is quoted religiously on twitter as if she is the pope, should exercise some from of responsible communication with the consciousness of the American people?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I guess if we can blame unstable lunatics' actions on political rhetoric, I think this ought to be bookmarked for some future lunatic's actions.

Did the President of the United States Describe Some Americans as Enemies?

Latino voters, the president said, would have an opportunity to send a message to Republicans, who Obama accused of “politicizing” immigration reform and the border security debate. Obama said “pressure has to be put on the Republican Party” if immigration reform is to become a reality.

“And if Latinos sit out the election instead of saying, we’re gonna punish our enemies and we’re gonna reward our friends who stand with us on issues that are important to us, if they don’t see that kind of upsurge in voting in this election, then I think it’s gonna be harder — and that’s why I think it’s so important that people focus on voting on November 2,” he said.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

If dear Sarah is so innocent then why did she take down the site calling for democrats to be . . . targeted?

Obama didn’t suggest that any Republicans should be shot!

If you don’t see the difference then you aren’t looking.

And if memory serves I think Obama apologized for such a simile.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

I don’t believe a logical sane follower of Palin would ever assassinate anyone.

ROTFLMAO! You used the words "logical" and "sane" in the same sentence as Sarah Palin!

I doubt Ms. Palin has "logical, sane followers."

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

You have not at all dealt with any of my points. It is as if you have merely read the Palin critique and responded based on your own emotional bond with that woman.

You make my point perfectly... What do you know of my "emotional bond" to anything?

But, let's see what was your original point you claim I left unaddressed?

The issue simply is her violent rhetoric can and may have connected with a man who is mentally unstable; and it can happen again.

It doesn’t matter whether this assassin was a left winger, right winger or apolitical, it is his mental state that is the question and famous people who use inflammatory rhetoric like Palin can affect all kinds of people and particularly the mentally deranged.

So, in other words, the new standard of behavior is to be set by the risk any action or statement MIGHT pose to the "crazies" ?

I'll get my leather boots and arm-band now!

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

I was just going to look for that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join