It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Wrong Is Right" An Almost Forgotten Connery Film Relevant To Today's Political Madness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
No conspiracy here, so feel free to move this to a different forum if necessary.

Just thought I'd put this out there for general consumption. A wickedly funny film that, while virtually forgotten, pretty much sums up the state of global affairs that seem to surround us in these strange days...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2dcf18e36e1d.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9e79f5e693d0.jpg[/atsimg]

Based on Charles McCarry's 1979 novel The Better Angels, Wrong is Right is set in a near future in which violence has become something of a national sport and television news has fallen to tabloid depths (a significantly bigger stretch in 1982, when the film was released.) Star Sean Connery plays Patrick Hale, a globe-trotting reporter with access to a staggering array of world leaders. As the film opens, he has ventured to the Arab country of Hegreb to interview his old acquaintance, King Ibn Awad (Ron Moody). Awad has learned that the President of the United States (George Grizzard) may have issued orders for his removal; as a result, Awad is apparently making arrangements to deliver two mini-nuclear devices -- each about the size of a small suitcase -- to a terrorist, with the intention of detonating them in Israel and the United States, unless the President resigns. In the intricate plot that unfolds, nothing is quite the way it seems, and Hale finds himself caught between political leaders, revolutionaries, CIA agents and other figures, trying to get to the bottom of it all. ~ Craig Butler, Rovi
www.answers.com...

A satire of American news reporting, Covert Agencies, and political system. The theft of two suitcase sized nuclear weapons, and their sale to a terrorist group, leads TV Newsman Patrick Hale on an international chase to track them down, and uncover the twisting maze of apparent involvement of US Government agencies
www.imdb.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Thank you for reminding me of this film. To me it is completely indicative of our current situation, should be on everyone's must see.

My only question can the MSM get any more tabloid?????

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Looks really interesting. I'll have to check it out. I've never even heard of it before.

Two other good films to check out are Network and They Live.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
The best film to watch is Enemy of the State with Will Smith (1998).
A complete foreshadowing of the Patriot Act.
And the creepiest coincidence is Jon Voight's character's birthdate is 9-11.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
Looks really interesting. I'll have to check it out. I've never even heard of it before.

Two other good films to check out are Network and They Live.

I've seen both. "They Live" is one of my all time favorites. Of course I'm biased toward John Carpenter films, so my affinity to this film is to be expected.

"Now put on the damn glasses!"
(thwack!)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by barkingdogamato
Thank you for reminding me of this film. To me it is completely indicative of our current situation, should be on everyone's must see.

My only question can the MSM get any more tabloid?????

Thanks.

Yes, it should be on everyone's must see list because it is indicative of our current situation,

And yes, the MSM can get more tabloid, sad to say... they're just gettin' warmed up. Up the MSM!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
After watching Anderson Cooper's hijinks last night on the CNN, I thought I'd bump this up for everyone who cares about such globetrotting masters of Intelligence Community propaganda.

top topics

join