It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You are given 10 minutes warning - what do you do?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Vicky32

well you make some good points, but there is notrhing wrong with learning to shoot.

responsible gun ownership teaches you much about life, safety, responsibility and self awareness

if i had my way, everyone should have some firearms training, and i believe the world would be a safer and better place for it

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
hmm 10 minutes? if i heard gunfire and whatnot i would assume people are putting up a fight somewhere, which might increase that 10 minutes to 15. if this was carried out in anyway like the holocaust, then you could expect either thorough searches or they would burn down the houses after initial inspections were done, and move on. they would know you aren't far if you hide and they come to your house, which has the car still out front and the doors unlocked,

this is all assuming of course that the PTB have not only improved MKUltra, but also found a way to mass brainwash our national guard/armed forces into believing all of this was necessary

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Depends..logic would tell me to grab my stuff n run opposite the direction thier coming.maybe even off opposite, incase thier coming in form both ends. IF i see them offing people, ide be tempted at that point, to play suburban sniper for a few minutes with them, then get the hell outta thier towards upstate NY and maybe into canada. bug it out int he forest for some time, till i find or hear news of others like me gathering to fight back. i have no family really left, nor with me..so im willing to die for the cause re establishing freedom and liberty. the smart ones will do the same. no pun intended, but the dumb ones will stay behind and go through an all out shootout till thier end comes quickly..a total waste of ammo. and theyllc onfescate yuor beer n ammo too! why give em that much*

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Dance Dance Dance

The evolution of dance

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Get into my time machine and spin the dial......

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker1984
Open up my fridge, grab a cold beer, grab a few guns and some ammo, and prepare to take as many of them out as I can before they get me.

No matter how awesome that may sound online, it's not an option for us with children I'm afraid. Fortunately, I've got two BOB's ready to go in case of a disaster, man made or natural. I'd grab them and any supplies I see at the ready (on the top of my head, several liters of water, some old MRE's that should last for an extra few days on top of what's in the BOB) and head literally for the hills.

I suggest anyone who's even mildly interested in being prepared in case of a disaster to have a look at putting a "BOB" (Bug Out Bag) together. Doesn't cost an arm and a leg and you already may have the basics laying around. Check out this post on SurvivalHQ for more information: Link

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Other than being taken, about the only plan I could execute would be to grab the BOBs, my wife, and go out the back door, sneak down the alley, hugging the yards, and make for the creek/sewer at the end of it, crawl down there, crawl into the pipe, and try and hide and wait it out until safe to move to a better spot.

I'd have to leave my dogs though, that would suck.

The creek and sewer entrance are really pretty overgrown, so probably wouldn't even be searched right away.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
10 minutes isnt enough time to properly get away.

Hide out till they pass to the next house and hope they dont burn everything behind them.

when danger has passed grab gear and try to make it outside of town.

I have 2 caches buried so although we couldn't take a lot with us I have some waiting..

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
in correlation with the direction "they" come from, I can navigate myself out of the area accordingly.
assuming you have a general pack already(what you'd need most. water, food, etc...)
I have one as I live in the Cascadia subduction zone, it's always ready to go.
grab that, a jacket, pair of socks (you'll know why after a few days) and you're off in 2 minutes.

From there it's all up in the air.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by mwood

Well ten minutes I can shave off another 3 or 4 by not watching the news. Only neighbor that would warn me would be my friend and I wouldn't need a second look. I would toss my BOB in his truck along with my family and we would head for.. well thats part of our plan so safe to say as long as we weren't seen we would get there and be safe. If we were seen the plan shifts and My friend And I would be left behind creating a deversion for the families to get out.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I live next to a large abandoned animal park. I would start by escaping up there since it's pretty high in the mountains. Then I would escape through the back since it's acres and acres long. I would hang out there for a while, hiding the best I could, and I would then call my friends in europe and tell them to get me the hell out of there.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
For y'all that live in the Hudson County, NJ area there is a massive cavern that runs from about Journal Sq, Jersey City to about 30th St North Bergen that I would get as many people there to hide.

Also, there are some areas in my county that few know about that would be perfect.

Hoboken, NJ has a few abandoned warehouses that people could hunker down in but avoid the textile facility on Observer Highway by Hoboken Car Wash due to abnormally high levels of mercury.

Manhattan NYC has literately dozens of high rise office towers that people could hunker down in that are easily defendable as all you gotta do is put a small detail heavily armed in shifts on the lower floors, cut the power to the elevators and escalators. Manually operate all doors on the higher floors. The backup generators will keep the building heated and lit. Go floor to floor looking for supplies, food, liquid. The upper floors and roof level can serve as an excellent observation point meaning you could see someone approaching that is blocks away.

Take a few cars on the street, turn them on thier sides to block off the street, take a few sticks and metal poles and lockdown the basement and subfloors from being accessed via the subway.Travel via the subway tunnels at night because you can literately start in Downtown Manhattan and end up a few miles from Albany. The WTC would be a bad spot as there is too many ports that can be used against you.
edit on 24-3-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
What would I do? Depends is my answer. If my BOB is not yet packed, which it should be by mid-summer, then my answer is simple. Walk up to the gas station, grab a can of Grizzly Mint (I quit about 8 months ago), head home, load up my Mosin 91/30, sit by with my box of ammo, take a big ol pinch, sit back and wait for the bastards. If my BOB is up and ready to go...I've got a ways to hike, about 2,000 miles, so I'd grab that, the S&W .38, and get to walking...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join