It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You are given 10 minutes warning - what do you do?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
OK. i love reading ATS members posts about their plans if the shtf.

so this is the scenario...

you are at home, sunday evening , when you hear disruptive noises, shooting etc, and a neighbour you trust suddenly comes to your door and tells you tptb are rounding up everyone to take them to camps - you turn on the tv, and its happening nationwide... you have ten minutes before they hit your area....

what do you do in those ten minutes, would you be ready???

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Onet Wosix

Open up my fridge, grab a cold beer, grab a few guns and some ammo, and prepare to take as many of them out as I can before they get me.

That is all.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Cut myself so my wonderful HIV tainted blood could be used as a weapon

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Nobody would be ready in ten minutes. I don't care who comes in here and says they would LOL.

It takes some people more than ten minutes to fix their hair up lol, you think they're going to be ready and have supplies ready in ten?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I don't think this scenario will ever go down, like this - #1: there would always be warning signs leading up to something like this and #2: there won't be enough of them to get everyone...

edit on 8-1-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Hug my wife and children and tell them it's going to be ok...things will never be the same from that point on..

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I would try to hide really good, for awhile.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

I would pack what I could and leave on foot. I would rather take my chances with surviving in the wild than be in a fema camp any day.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Grab my BOB, my guns, and as much ammo as I can and head to my designated area. If it were going on nationwide chances are I wouldnt get far, as there would be roadblocks, but IF i could get outside of the city id be ok.

link   
I would hide, no point in fighting back. Although I must this is a totally ridiculous "what if", no way everybody could be rounded up in a short period time like that, much less one day.

link   

I made kind of similar thread about this.. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Oh my gosh : (

I don't like to think of these kinds of scenarios. I would probably tell my babies that their mommy loves them very very much, more than they will ever be able to understand.

In that exact situation, I think we could run but doubt that we could get very far with two small children. I would probably try to spend that ten minutes with them since it could be the last, and if running would be pointless then I would rather take the time with them.

But you can never know how you will react until you are actually put into that situation. Your survival instincts would likely take over and who knows what people might be capable of when you couple that with the adrenaline rush that would come along with it.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Do the same thing my cat does - hide under the bed

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Roll a spliff, start loading mags while blasting the Terminator theme song and get ready for a hell of a last stand.. I'd rather die young and make a cute cadaver than die old scorched by the scars of slavery...

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I would probably have sex...

And then for the next 9 minutes I would pound beers and chain smoke

Just kidding...

Seriously though,

If you only have ten minutes notice, chances are you are not going to get very far...

And If you think your house in the suburbs is going to be a fortress, you are going to have another rude wake up call ..

10 minutes will not IN MY OPINION be enough time to do anything more than Hug your loved ones .

My advice is start working towards moving to a low population area and becoming self sufficient.. At least that way you wont be rounded up first and have more than 10 minutes to evaluate your situation...

Respectfully,

~meathead

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
This one is easy - you HIDE. Make sure you have a secret place to hide in your house that is concealable. Like a entrance to below the house that covered by a rug, or something like that.

If they are rounding up "everyone", then that means pretty soon your neighborhood is going to be quiet and empty.

Once the "round up" is complete - that is when you will have more time to plan your next move.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I would call in my neighbour of course.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike Stivic

well said meathead....you know Archie's back on a channel called The Hub?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Backpack, sleeping bag, run for the woods. If they catch up to me, so be it, but they most assuredly will not find me going quietly. Better dead than imprisoned.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I have a place to hide my family until they move on (only two people including myself know where it is). Then I sneak out after dark and round up the supplies I need from my house and all my neighbors houses after they get rounded up. I can be in the mountain and just a memory in ten minutes by foot.
edit on 8-1-2011 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join