It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING Gabrielle Giffords Shot: Congresswoman Reportedly Shot In Arizona [UPDATED]

page: 66
<< 63  64  65    67 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
I don't know if this has been posted yet but here's his mugshot

He's smiling!!
And he sure looks older than 22.
I get bad vibe from his pic. Must be the expression in his eyes, they aren't smiling.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by GodIsPissed

What Does Jared Lee Loughner Believe
More on Jared

The first link is CBS labeling him in connection to far-right politics. I didn't know that the belief of wanting a currency is considered a fringe subject by only far-right minded folks. But that is what CBS is saying among other connections that I believe is a stretch and pure projection.

The last link does say this...

Mistrust of government was Loughner's defining conviction, the friends said. He believed the U.S. government was behind 9/11...

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Glen Beck says he is a truther.... Supposedly an unamed friend said he was, at least that is what an article says.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

You know...caught about 10 minutes of MSNBC on TV during (late) lunch, and the person (a man) reporting this detail would not let this go. He just kept saying it over and over in between some interview with some bible preaching congressman. I mean he simply would not let it go but kept repeating it in this dull monotone almost as if he didn't even know what he was saying or why. How he was saying it caught my attention what more. I think I'd barricade myself in too if I were them...or be in deep hiding somewhere else.

reply to post by Annee

That mugshot is beyond creepy. Wow.
edit on 1/10/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
This is nothing political. He better not try to make some political stand on this or say he did this for some kind of heroic reason. If that were the case he would have stopped with one shot. Instead he kept firing and managed to kill a nine year old girl who didn't know the meaning of the word "politics". He is a disgusting example of a human being undeserving to live here or anywhere on this earth. To argue with each other over why this happened and point the finger at this party or that is useless, he really just wanted to kill something..he would have found some other excuse.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
My condolences to the victims & their families, this was a tragic incedent.
I wish we had better ways of supporting & managing mental illness.
Perhaps if we did, things like this would not happen.

-B.M
edit on 10/1/11 by B.Morrison because: removed irrelevant content. The picture I posted really was pointless.

edit on 10/1/11 by B.Morrison because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by B.Morrison

I think most people's faces are asymmetrical. Actually - I think symmetrical is quite rare.

I remember a famous photographer saying how difficult it was to photograph Jacklyn Smith because she was one of those rare people with perfect symmetry. There were no interesting angles to her face.
edit on 10-1-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
reply to post by B.Morrison

I think most people's faces are asymmetrical. Actually - I think symmetrical is quite rare.

Yes, I kind of tripped myself out on that one, it is just a normal affect of symmetry right?
I've removed the photo - it didn't serve any purpose & was creepy & perhaps even distasteful considering.

I remember a famous photographer saying how difficult it was to photograph Jacklyn Smith because she was one of those rare people with perfect symmetry. There were no interesting angles to her face.

that's quite interesting - I did not know that, thank you for sharing

-B.M
edit on 10/1/11 by B.Morrison because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by B.Morrison

I've removed the photo - it didn't serve any purpose & was creepy & perhaps even distasteful considering.

Oh no - - I did not mean for you to do that.

I did not find them distasteful.

I thought it was interesting - - - even if it may not have had any real validity to it.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
The left had the Weatherman, the right had McVeigh et. al. and the Tea Party has Loughner. None of us are holier than any other. We all must seek to cauterize and not energize the extremes from the true values in which we hold precious.

tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeneralAwesome
reply to post by Sinnthia

Would it make you feel better if he had reloaded multiple times in the process of shooting?

Wasn't he stopped while trying to reload? Kind of makes that case right there.

Actually quite. It would make me feel far better to think crazy people can not get handguns in the first place but the thought of him having to stop shooting and take time to reload would have been nice. It is much easier to tackle a kid with an empty gun than it is to tackle a kid who is shooting a gun.

How about used a car to plow into the crowd instead? What then, ban cars? Afterall, why should a nutjob have the ability to drive a car when he could use it to decimate large numbers of people?

Ban cars???? When did I say they should ban guns? There is a reason he did not have access to a tank you know.

Blaming an object is symbolic of someone without any other argument.

When did I do any such thing?

Why were the warning signs ignored? Why didnt local police act on them?

My questions as well.

Stop blaming guns, stop blaming hi cap mags, and start placing blame where it rightly belongs. On the individual who actually committed the acts.

How about I blame the person that did the shooting and the laws that allowed him access to a high cap mag as well as the high cap mag. I am pretty sure that I can be upset with whatever I like. Stop making up things I never said. I never once advocated banning guns. I would still love to now why this nut needed to have access to a high capacity magazine though. Can you justify that or just whine that it was his right?

While not used as a weapon (although books do have that nice hard binding which could cause injury) religious texts give people the motivation and the neuroses to kill. They should be banned too right?

I am getting really sick of this stretch. Especially in light of this argument. The same folks that claim nothing Palin or Angle said could cause any harm keep telling me how dangerous the words in books can be.
OK! No one has ever been read to death. Motivation and the means are two very different things. I can be motivated to take out 1000 people by any book in the library. Without the weapon to carry that out, my motivation is pretty pointless.
edit on 10-1-2011 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

reply to post by wayno

A gun is no more dangerous than a car. They are only a threat when in the wrong hands.

Shall not be infringed is very clear, any and all gun restrictions are unconstitutional and need to be done away with immediately.

If it is so clear then why do you people not protest for your right to nuclear weapons? I find it hard to believe that the term "arms" was written with the idea of automatic weapons, high capacity magazines, bilogical, chemical, and nuclear weapons in mind.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Lol what?

Cars dont have speed limits, roads do. Cars can and do go faster than the speed limit, proving that all the laws in the world wont stop someone.

Yet, there is no right to drive a car. You have to reach a certain age. You have to prove you are proficient and mentally capable of handling it. You have to pass a test. You are then subject to scrutiny every time you drive as cops are watching for infractions and misuse is recorded. Some people have their priveledge to drive revoked because of misuse. Apparently we all agree that using something that can kill lots of people is not just something to hand over to anyone that asks. Why should guns be so different? Apparently you all want to compare them, so do it honestly.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

reply to post by Sinnthia

Would it make you feel better if he had reloaded multiple times in the process of shooting?

After watching an interview with the man that took Jared down, I can absolutely say yes. Yes it most certainly would have. This in fact makes that exact case. When did the shooting stop? WHEN HE RAN OUT OF AMMO AND HAD TO RELOAD. Jared was in the process of getting another clip from his pocket when he was taken down. So yes, I am against high capacity magazines. I would feel AMAZINGLY BETTER had he run out of bullets much sooner.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
reply to post by GhostLancer

However, why ban guns in general? Do you know what would happen? This would happen:

Law-abiding citizens would not have guns. Criminals would. Criminals don't abide by the law and would obtain guns *illegally.* They're criminals, after all. Therefore, when ARMED CRIMINALS conduct robberies and home invasions, law-abiding citizens would be defenseless. ...

To answer this I will simply quote my own statement made earlier:

And, to put you straight about access, it is true that someone who disregards the law generally won't hesitate to try and get one illegaly. The difference is, with fewer guns floating around, like here in Canada, it is harder for them to get one. The end result is still fewer deaths.

In a town near me, 1 mile from Detroit, but in Canada, they did not have one single murder in 2010. You can hypothesise all you want, but I am living the reality.

RESPONSE: CANADA is not the UNITED STATES. The United States IS NOT Canada. If you apply your suggestion to New York City or Los Angeles...? You've oversimplified the situation.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I've reposted it in a more relevant thread - I also posted your response there, I hope that is ok

is mug shot fake

-B.M
edit on 11/1/11 by B.Morrison because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by GhostLancer

RESPONSE: CANADA is not the UNITED STATES. The United States IS NOT Canada.

You are correct. People are basically the same everywhere; except they die violent deaths far more frequently under the American system than the Canadian; and you are proud of that?

Your second amendment may have had some merit when it was written into the constitution. Today it is the very thing that is making it impossible for you to live in peace.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

Hogwash.

I live in a city with HUGE gun ownership rates. The State capital (Carson City) has so many gun owners per capita that it rivals places in Texas and Alaska.

I walk down the street everyday without getting shot at.

Where the heck do people get these ideas?

Do you think America is a war zone? If it were so impossible for us to live in peace I would NOT let my girlfriend leave the house alone to go to work. I would be with her with my AR15 slung over my shoulder.

But that is not the case. The media blows these circumstances and reports of shootings out of proportion.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
It is very discomforting when a mentally ill person has views or question about the world that are similar to ours. It does not necessarily make it wrong for anyone to have those views or questions.

Tho many of us on here have questions about the way governments operate, we discuss them intelligently and occasionaly with our hearts emotionally. We do not go out and kill people. There is a huge distinction.

Mental illness is not something associated with conspiracy. It is something associated with being human. Deeply religious of all faiths, people of all political persuasions, of every race, of every tribe or nation are suscceptible to mental illness.

No-one here should beat themselves up or fear retribution simply for wanting to question dogma, and diceit when it is rife in every society.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
Tho many of us on here have questions about the way governments operate, we discuss them intelligently and occasionally with our hearts emotionally. We do not go out and kill people. There is a huge distinction.

I think most people have "filters".

Mentally ill don't.

top topics

<< 63  64  65    67 >>

join