It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gelatin: A Secret History of Medicine and Experimentation?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
They need to make jello a different way or something if at all possible because I love jello with fruit in it. I love jello period. Not sure what my favorite flavor is... perhaps black cherry. My issue with animal parts is ethical. I feel bad about eating fish but I feel much worse about eating cows. I have petted too many sweet lovable cows. Some of them even have head hair like a little toupee or something.
Pigs can be very awesome too. I hear pigs make awesome pets and are as smart as dogs. I knew a man that bought a pig... a big one, not one of the little ones and he was going to let her get big and then eat her but he fell in love with his pig (not that kind of love) and when she died he cried over her and had to get someone else to bury her and move her because he wanted her buried but could not do it himself. I hear it was a nasty job and it upset him even more. It's strange because he was a bad alcoholic that was always making rude, lewd jokes about anything and everyone and didn't seem to have a care in the world except to make the next wise ass remark. He was funny and wasn't the sentimental type at all... but that pig got to him.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

I'm sorry but John C Lilly was NOT involved in any torture experiments regarding the floatation tank... please supply a reference.

See www.i-sopod.com... for history of floatation.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Chad47

I have supplied the reference.
It's a direct quote from Streatfield's book (see OP post for details and page number).
I'm not sure I would call these experiments "torture".
In fact, the full story begins on p.127:

Meanwhile, at the JSIW, more information was compiled about Soviet 'brainwashing' techniques. Colonel Roy Giles of the Gloucestershire Regiment was sent there for an interrogation course in 1963. Nothing was taught about sensory deprvation. In 1966, however, he attended a JSIW counter-interrogation course in Aden. This time he was shown a film of what he assumed to be SAS Reisistence to Interrogation traing. In it, soldiers were hooded, lined up and 'bashed about'. Giles was also lectured on sensory deprivation, specifically the technique invented by John Lilly at NIH in 1954, and mentioned by the RAF's AM Hastin Bennett eight years earlier.

It then goes on to describe the gelatin experiments.
A footnote explains that the film Giles was shown in 1966 was "probably I Can't Answer That Question", and it provides some detail.
Source: (and please take note this time): Dominic Streatfield: Brainwash: The Secret Histroy of Mind Control. Hodder and Stoughton: 2006. Pp. 127-128.
I'm sure you have bookshops or libraries in your area.
Amazon has a nice cover shot of the edition I have from the library (as well as a short review).
www.amazon.com...

edit on 15-1-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-1-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

I personally won't eat jello, or any other *squishy* food like pudding, certain pies, or bananas (unless they are cooked).

However, I do love to eat Gummy Bears--which have a high content of gelatin in them--because they are harder, and not squooshy (spelling?)

When I consume the bears, I find that my nails, hair, and skin look better than during periods when I eliminate (or forget) them from my "diet."

edit on 15-1-2011 by sonjah1 because: spelling?

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
oooo.... chocolate pudding. I love chocolate pudding... and the only cow parts I think is the milk. Chocolate pudding is like drinking your milk and having your chocolate bar at the same time. The dark creamy kind, not the frothy kind and it seems best when you just made it and it's cold.

I'm very lazy when it comes to making things that will dirty up dishes and mixers. I have seriously simplified some food preparation techniques. What can I say, I don't have a dishwasher and hate washing dishes. I'll save a big jar and throw in a cheap pack of instant chocolate pudding and a 2 cups of milk without measuring and shake the # out of it. Viola- jar of pudding.

I wonder how many other things I could do that with.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Whoa!...
You just twisted my mind with that idea.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reading back, metabolic syndrome is very common in society even prior to all too common diabetes and what is known as the ketogenic diet can be beneficial to a lot of people in that circumstance. The ketogenic diet is a diet of proteins and fats and very low carbs which tricks your metabolism into behaving very differently and can not only help some people lose weight but it can change blood sugar tendencies. dealing with ketones, that's why it's called what it is. Basically your body tricks itself into thinking it's starving because it isn't getting carbs... so it starts using fat as energy for cells. Fat is used more rapidly and blood sugar levels are not being altered in swings from carb consumption.

It is *not* a diet for everyone.
Many people would do terrible on that sort of diet and whatever the case may be for you, you still need vitamins and phytochemicals that vegetables provide not to mention that a diet of mostly proteins and fats can play hell on some people's kreb cycle. That won't stop those who can benefit from it from trying it but be ready to deal with that. A lot of fat in the diet can also be bad for many of your organs... from heart problems to gallstones so you might not want to make it a life long thing.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Interesting.
For myself, eating for compassion was always more of an issue.
So, when eating milk products like cheese I don't like rennet (a curdling agent taken from the stomachs of murdered calves). So often cheese nowadays will say "non-animal rennet".
But then I saw under stabilizers: "contains gelatine"!
Now what's the point of that?
It's amazing where gelatin may lurk.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Uh, my grandmother was told to eat gummi bears (gelatine) by her doctor to help lubricate her joints. That's all I have to add.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join