It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gelatin: A Secret History of Medicine and Experimentation?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
What has always surprised me as a vegetarian is the ubiquitous addition of gelatin jellies to hospital meals.
Does it have curative and restorative powers?
Quite possibly.
Apparently it can restore collagen in the body:
www.chiropractic-help.com...

More surprising was some material concerning John Lilly, a professor at the National Institute of Health (NIH) in Maryland. Since 1954 Lilly was involved with sensory deprivation experiments for the purposes of interrogation and brainwashing. The idea was to make people bonkers with long periods of being suspended and bound, hearing only their own breathing in a diver's helmet.
After many forms of the sensory deprivation tank they finally tried a technique which suspended a naked male "prisoner" (usually a soldier or volunteer) in liquid gelatin kept at 94.8 degrees Fahrenheit.
Despite the horrific scenario, the experiment was another "mind control" failure:

But the procedure, while horrific, was not without its flaws.There was, he (Giles) was instructed, a handy means of beating underwater sensory deprivation. ... "This is what the guys who practise this haven't thought about. They may have deprived you of all sort of of external capability, but the male person has one very sensitive organ - between his legs - over which, under these circumstances, it has been proved, you still have control." Giles laughs. "The answer is, you can do all sorts of amazing things in a tank of gelatine at 94.8 degrees!"

(Source: Brainwash: The Secret History of Mind Control by Dominic Streatfeild, 2006:p.128)

Well, like most "brainwashing" gelatin immersion was a failure (or so it seems).
Always interesting to see however for what purposes defense spending was used.
Since it's made of slaughtered animals' bones I wonder if gelatin can cure on a vibrational level.
Sounds like bad karma?
Or perhaps sometimes a jelly is just a jelly?

edit on 7-1-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Interesting.....
2nd

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

wow!!! amazing... i hope you accidentally messed up somehow.

really hope you didn't have it erased because it was so valuable.. please im now gonna surf for the gelatin connection

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Gelatine comes from the dead and rotting, it makes Jello not as appetizing knowing that fact.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by rebeldog

My apologies, it appears I pushed edit before my post was complete.
Here is some more, and I'd love some more opinions and especially testimonies and so forth.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
How to "naturally" remedy diarrhea with gelatin:

Quite interesting, as a vegetarian it would have been the last thing I would have proposed as a "cure" for anything.
I suppose it depends on the definition of "natural".
Thinking now, if it's really so good, perhaps a lot of pills are a scam and only work because of the GELATIN CAPSULE!

I wonder if there's a vegetarian alternative?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Perhaps, to put it bluntly: would militant vegans deprive themselves of a natural cure made from dead animals, or would they make an exception for medicinal purposes?

According to some, animal products can actually be used, if the animal dies naturally of disease or old age.
That would fill an interesting gap in the market.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
Perhaps, to put it bluntly: would militant vegans deprive themselves of a natural cure made from dead animals, or would they make an exception for medicinal purposes?

According to some, animal products can actually be used, if the animal dies naturally of disease or old age.
That would fill an interesting gap in the market.

This is an interesting concept to ponder.

I have often said i would easily be a vegetarian. I abhor killing, even bugs. But the grocery cost alone would kill me, as my son doesn't eat most veggies (and is allergic to many).

So i am currently doing a low carb diet (trying to trim him down a little...be a responsible parent). What i have noticed is, it seems that carbs are not meant for us. That a nominal portion of carbs is part and parcel to our biology, but that our bodies prefer protiens and fats, and are better prepared to process those naturally than veggies.

Of course, you then juxtapose this observation with that of Pythagoras, who said "So long as man kills animals for food, he will never have peace" and you have what makes this interesting: The contrast of our conscious selves wanting something different than our physical selves can provide. That interesting dichotomy of man trying to control the animal that he is.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Just wondering - if you're avoiding carbs what are you giving your son?
I suppose it means using lots of animal proteins?
I saw several articles in our local magazines lately encouraging a return to butter and meat.
Isn't this just a variation on the Atkins Diet?
We've had a big scandal here with "Supreme" chicken being taken off the shelves, washed with chlorine, pumped with sauce and resold as fresh, cheap poultry! Apparently it's quite legal too.
Since meat isn't labelled (at least not here) how organic or healthy is it really?
Do by-products end up in gelatin too?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Knox Gelatin for arthritis:
www.myarthritisreliefcenter.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

with the start of agriculture about 11000 years ago people seem to have a lot of bad reactions to products of agriculture

archeologists can see if a skeleton is from an agricultural time or pre agricultural because of evidence of diseases they can see on the bones

if you follow what Sitchin has written about the annunaki in ancient Sumeria and that they gave us seeds and livestock then humans may not have evolved alongside these and they may be introduced species from their home planet Nibiru and maybe that is why so many people even 11000 have not evolved to cope with grains [wheat allergy affects more people than any other food allergy]

I recommend that you investigate the paleolithic diet and try to implement it for your son

lowcarbdiets.about.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by megabyte

Last thing I heard carbs were the brain-foods, and wholewheat pasta or potatoes are very good.
Actually, is there such a thing as "pure carbs" or "pure proteins"?
My Grandfather survived 5 years of being a prisoner on potatoes, and nowadays people say it's a starch or "carb", but it's close to a complete food.
Meat is just concentrated carbs from animals that eat plants.
In a survival forum somebody told me that after two or so months of just eating rabbits or proteins your kidneys will die.
It will never happen with potatoes.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Just wondering - if you're avoiding carbs what are you giving your son?
I suppose it means using lots of animal proteins?
I saw several articles in our local magazines lately encouraging a return to butter and meat.
Isn't this just a variation on the Atkins Diet?
We've had a big scandal here with "Supreme" chicken being taken off the shelves, washed with chlorine, pumped with sauce and resold as fresh, cheap poultry! Apparently it's quite legal too.
Since meat isn't labelled (at least not here) how organic or healthy is it really?
Do by-products end up in gelatin too?

Proteins, for the most part. And multi vitamins. He has never eaten vegetables. Will gag and vomit when made to eat them. I had the same gag reflex with most veggies as a kid, but i got over it. he hasn't. some of them will give him physical ailment, as well (like if i sneak them into a meatloaf, it will cause some stomach problems).

So rather than fight it, we have found a diet possibility that can still give him the potential for a healthy future. Perhaps one day he will choose to include a wider range of tastes in his diet. In the meantime, no more carbs.

There is no difference in the low carb diets, other than minor repackaging and variation.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Last thing I heard carbs were the brain-foods, and wholewheat pasta or potatoes are very good.
My Grandfather survived 5 years of being a prisoner on potatoes, and nowadays people say it's a starch or "carb", but it's close to a complete food.
In a survival forum somebody told me that after two or so months of just eating rabbits or proteins your kidneys will die.

Absolutely nothing you have said here is true. Why bother?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Oh no, I didn't mean to drive anyone away!
I know nothing with food is set in stone.
Just saying what I heard.
I'd love to hear another opinion.

As for my grandfather and potatoes - it is true on my life.
At least this is what he claimed.
He told us every time at dinner when there were potatoes.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

As for eventual kidney damage from just eating protein:
See the Raconer:

*you seriously dont want to be shooting squirrles with a slingshot...lets be realistic here..not much to eat and no fat...you need lots of fat when surviving...converts more energy and things like squirrles and rabbits can kill you if eaten for long periods of time...cause its just protien and it will shut down your kidneys from protien poison...but thats worse case and would probably take a while...months and months.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Well good luck anyway.
I've told NOT ONE lie.

What do other ATS people think? No carbs for a kid?
I'm no expert, but sounds hectic to me.

edit on 8-1-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   

See the Raconer:

*you seriously dont want to be shooting squirrles with a slingshot...lets be realistic here..not much to eat and no fat...you need lots of fat when surviving...converts more energy and things like squirrles and rabbits can kill you if eaten for long periods of time...cause its just protien and it will shut down your kidneys from protien poison...but thats worse case and would probably take a while...months and months.

Well good luck anyway.
I've told NOT ONE lie.

i apologize.
Not trying to scare anyone off either. I know better than using the word "lie"...it is inflammatory and suggestive. However, i do not believe what you said was entirely accurate. The most accurate part being that a pure protein diet will cause kidney damage (which, while true, would not represent the diet of many people).

Proteins, as a singular diet, will kill you. Yes. You need fats, as well as some sugars.

it really has to do with moderation. since my son is not familiar with words like moderation, we decided to go this route. reason being: largest weight loss up front (dramatic results, from my own experience as a child his age), plus it will stifle the appetite via body chemistry (suppressing compounds are released into the blood, and you have a lower insulin level which drives down appetite). This will allow him to learn what a "normal" portion looks and feels like, while gaining some dramatic results up front.

After about 6-9 months weight loss tapers off on a low carb diet. But by then the hope is that there are new habits of eating that have been built, and that with my guidance (and strength) we can reinforce those habits.

Potatoes will do a fine job of keeping you alive, especially sweet potatoes. But they will also drive up your body's insulin resistance. Not as bad as sodas and Reese's, mind you. But if you eat nothing but starches, you will end up running a higher risk of heart disease and diabetes.

THere is nothing that is a "perfect food". The body is a series of chemical responses that are mixed with consciousness. We are just trying to manipulate the machine so that those chemical responses work in our favor. And of course we have doctors guidance. If i am paying all that money for insurance, i sure am going to make sure it is being used.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Thanks for expanding a bit.
I guess there are so many variations on diets these days that "low carb" has a number of possible meanings.
Studies they've done on the Inuit - who only eat fish and meat - actually show they have virtually no heart disease, possibly because of the high amount of oily fish they eat.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

See the Raconer:

Well good luck anyway.
I've told NOT ONE lie.

i apologize.
Not trying to scare anyone off either. I know better than using the word "lie"...it is inflammatory and suggestive. However, i do not believe what you said was entirely accurate. The most accurate part being that a pure protein diet will cause kidney damage (which, while true, would not represent the diet of many people).

Proteins, as a singular diet, will kill you. Yes. You need fats, as well as some sugars.

it really has to do with moderation. since my son is not familiar with words like moderation, we decided to go this route. reason being: largest weight loss up front (dramatic results, from my own experience as a child his age), plus it will stifle the appetite via body chemistry (suppressing compounds are released into the blood, and you have a lower insulin level which drives down appetite). This will allow him to learn what a "normal" portion looks and feels like, while gaining some dramatic results up front.

After about 6-9 months weight loss tapers off on a low carb diet. But by then the hope is that there are new habits of eating that have been built, and that with my guidance (and strength) we can reinforce those habits.

Potatoes will do a fine job of keeping you alive, especially sweet potatoes. But they will also drive up your body's insulin resistance. Not as bad as sodas and Reese's, mind you. But if you eat nothing but starches, you will end up running a higher risk of heart disease and diabetes.

THere is nothing that is a "perfect food". The body is a series of chemical responses that are mixed with consciousness. We are just trying to manipulate the machine so that those chemical responses work in our favor. And of course we have doctors guidance. If i am paying all that money for insurance, i sure am going to make sure it is being used.

As a scientist well versed in chemistry, I can assure you that our bodies are meant for carbs. Proteins and fats are needed in our diet just as much as are carbohydrates (which is a collective term for sugars). Carbohydrates are a source of glucose, which we metabolise to generate ATP. In the human body's response to being starved of carbohydrates/sugars, it will start to burn fats via the beta-oxidation pathway. Proteins are an absolute last resort in terms of producing cellular energy. When your body starts breaking down proteins, you are in trouble. You need proteins to obtain essential amino acids that your body doesn't produce itself, hence why they are nutritionally vital. Fats are necessary not only for energy, but because they assist the absorbance of certain vitamins and can be used as precursors for biologically important molecules. The most important thing though, is that fats and proteins cannot be used in the brain for energy. They cannot make it across the blood brain barrier. If you are taking away carbohydrates away from your son's diet, you are being detrimental to his health. It's as simple as that.

And of course, all things are bad in excess. Solution? Don't feed your child carbohydrates in excess.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   

As I mentioned in my last post, carbs are indeed 'brain foods'. They are able to pass through the blood brain barrier where other compounds cannot.

Of course there are pure carbs and pure proteins. Do you have sugar in your cupboard? That is a pure (mostly) carbohydrate. A carbohydrate is synonymous for another word you encounter on a regular basis in biology and chemistry, that being saccharide, which is just a fancy way of saying sugar. There are of course, thousands of different types of sugars. The stuff we use for energy is glucose, which is a single, basic unit of a lot of different, complex sugars. Cellulose is in fact made up of lots of glucose units, all linked in a linear fashion between the hydroxyl group on the first carbon of one unit and the hydroxyl group on the 6th carbon of the next in line. Glycogen is the same as cellulose, except the bond between the two sugars is spatially different. As with carbohydrates, there are also 'pure' proteins - although you wouldn't see too much of it available commercially. You can buy thousands of lab grade, purified proteins for all sorts of different things.

Meat is actually muscle fibre of animals. It consists of the cells of that animal, which would contain some carbohydrates and proteins, but it is not exactly concentrated. All the plant and animal material that the animal whose meat you are eating is digested and all of the required bits and pieces are absorbed as single entities and used in the animal where it is needed. As well as all that, you have all of the cell membranes, DNA and other organelles of the animal's muscle cells in there. It really isn't just concentrated carbs.

Finally, if you only eat carbs (in the form of potatoes or whatever else), I can promise you that you will die. You need proteins and fats for vital compounds that the body is not equipped to make, as well as to assist in the absorbance of molecules into the blood system.

Edit: When I say the meat is animal muscle tissue, I am of course not referring to organs that you may also eat and use as meat.
edit on 10-1-2011 by hypervalentiodine because: clarification.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join