It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass bird and fish deaths stoke curiosity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Mass bird and fish deaths stoke curiosity

ca.news.yahoo.com

Five thousand dead blackbirds rained from the sky on the first day of the New Year in Arkansas. Then more dead birds fell in other states. Then huge fish kills were discovered in multiple US waterways.

And suddenly it became a worldwide phenomenon, with reports of mass die-offs of birds and fish in Sweden, Britain, Japan, Thailand, Brazil and beyond.

Doves, jellyfish, snapper, jackdaws... it seemed no species was immune.

Conspiracy theorists, doomsdayers and religious extremists warned that the end was nigh.

Could it be astronauts testing a potent sound beam to ward off aliens? The
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I wasn't really thinking much of this, giving normal natural reasons the birds may have been die'ing but the sudden deaths of these animals have sparked my curiosity and worry as to what could possible be the reason for millions of fish deaths, birds deaths and other wildlife all over the world, maybe it can be directly related to the magnetic pole shift, maybe not, maybe something we haven't even seen yet, only a matter of time before we get to know, but none-the-less, it does seem very worrysome and concerning.

ca.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Daniyal

I just read more of the news, and they seem to give a reason to every death, ironic... All this happeneds at once? I think it is to internation and too many deaths, but it may just be some sort of unique coincidence.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Daniyal

I do not underestimate the ability or intent of any of mankind's seeds to f up this planet this bad, but seeing how this phenomenon--assuming all these incidents are related--is global, and transcends continents, species and weather patterns, I'd say it has something to do with earth changes. That is to say a change in magnetic field, or some cosmic activity, radiation, or what have you, and not result of some military testing, BP oil-spill aftereffects (incidents occurring in Japan and Indonesia?) or HAARP, etc,

I do not know why this is happening, though, so obviously I could be wrong.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

"It is not that unusual," said Kristen Schuler, scientist at the US Geological Survey's National Wildlife Center.

"There is nothing apocalyptic or anything that is necessarily out of the ordinary for what we would see in any given week."

First sensible thing I've read and exactly what I suspected. This happens all the time and it's only big because of an information overload on the Internet.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

BS. Go ahead and show me any week in the worlds history where even HALF of the events that have been reported this week took place.

Happens all the time, my foot. No one is saying animal die offs don't happen, but to have me believe that something of this scale, range, and magnitude is a common occurrence, that is asking a little too much. In fact, for anyone to believe such would have to be stuck in a bubble.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Arrius

Whatever is happening I'm sure it's out of our control.
Just to chuck in another ridiculous conspiracy.. Maybe it's a international experiment between nations to beam something into our atmosphere to test protection against that recent solar flare we had?!! With the sun becoming more irrational, maybe they are expecting something bigger and see the time to test now. Maybe that was HAARP stepped up a notch?

Like I said, just to chuck yet more ridiculous ideas in! Why not? We're all stumped without evidence, I just have a feeling we'll never know...
edit on 6-1-2011 by LunaStarr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Yes like the internet just happened this year.

I used to belong to a Nature posting forum for years this was never reported by the members. And believe me it would have been.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Connman

Aboslutely nothing new about the net as you said - not only that we have had radio, TV and newspapers for even longer and I have certainly never heard of anything such as what is happening right now.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by gwydionblack

BS. Go ahead and show me any week in the worlds history where even HALF of the events that have been reported this week took place.

Happens all the time, my foot. No one is saying animal die offs don't happen, but to have me believe that something of this scale, range, and magnitude is a common occurrence, that is asking a little too much. In fact, for anyone to believe such would have to be stuck in a bubble.

Why do you have to be rude just because I don't agree with you? I'm often wrong and so is everyone else who is not lying about it. If something comes along to prove me wrong, I'll admit it here just as I usually do. My comments were agreeing with the experts words in the article, not an attack on anyone else.

I tend to believe for instance an expert that works with Wildlife issues as a career before I believe wild theories propagated out of thin air on the Internet. So far we have seen just what the article said. HAARP did it. Global Warming did it. The Sun did it. ,,,,,,,,,,,,,and....................

It makes perfect sense to me that unusual weather would cause most of what we have seen. I've actually seen this in places I've lived. For instance the Snake River in Southeast Idaho. There is a stretch there that every few years all the Trout die from too little oxygen in the water, but the Sucker Fish do just fine. If that happened today would you not consider it evidence for your theory? If you did you would be wrong. In Yellowstone one year they had a huge kill of native Cutthroat Trout. Turned out to be a parasite. If that happened to happen today? The crabs happened last year also and they know why, so that can't be factored in. If the same thing were actually killing all the animals in these stories, they would all die of the same thing in the same way.

The bird thing is weird and it may take awhile before they figure it out completely. When they do figure it out though and if it turns out to be just a normal event from a normal cause do you think those spreading the hype will accept it. No they won't. They will just call perfectly decent people liars and go on their merry way with their own theory without any proof.

Are you aware that is the eighth time in the last twenty years there has been such a bird kill in just Arkansas? That came from a State Biologist on an interview the other day. Who would know more about that than him? Not me or anyone else not in that field in that area.

This is a big world and these stories are about a relatively tiny number of animal deaths. Go back and add this all up and you will find out that all told, factoring in all stories posted, it is still just a group of small events.

I assure you I'm not stuck in a bubble. Why don't you just allow me to have my beliefs and I'll allow you to have yours without attacking each other. We can debate the issue and I enjoy that, but I've grown tired of people, including myself a time or three, posting angry attacks instead of debating civilly.

I honestly believe this is a result of hysteria caused by an information overload. It's a domino effect. A local story gets picked up nationally because it is a slow news day. It's interesting enough that when it goes out on the wire that it grows legs in world news. The theories start flying all over the Internet with people treating Blogs from who knows who like valid news sources. Web Sites that earn their income off strange events and catering to the Gloom and Doom crowd chime in with their theories. Next thing you know, people who are prone to panic do. I think it is that simple.

Six months from now it will be just another interesting event from the past. I could be wrong. I'm hope I'm not. I'm not going to panic over it though based on these few events.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I'm surprised there is not much about this in this thread. Its happening worldwide:

Italy : www.huffingtonpost.com...

SC : www.carolinalive.com...

New Zealand: news.ninemsn.com.au...

Sweden: www.aftonbladet.se...

Maryland: www.nbcwashington.com...

Brazil: www.hispanicallyspeakingnews.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
It is not coincidence at all,i am sure, but i really don't know what will happen next , and i am afraid of that so much , hope the scientists can explain this as soon as possible.

top topics

join