It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS veterans...Is it just me? Or am I seeing an influx of new members? Are we the new Facebook?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Bildeberg

"What's TPTB?
Here's what Roger Waters had to say....

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I remember being new here on ATS, everything seemed so new and fresh and it was such a revelation meeting so many like minded people.

Even in a relatively short time I have seen quite a few changes, some for the better - some for the worse.
The biggest regret is the loss of some billiant members, for various reasons.

Back when I joined some more established members resented noobies.
Some things never change.
Whilst I do sometimes roll my eyes when seeing new threads on subjects that have been discussed numerous times before, it is sometimes worth reminding onself of the zeal shown in yesteryear when everything was new to me.
Yes, some of the topics discussed can seem banal and repetetive and I know that I sometimes bemoan the quality of today and hark back to 'the good ol' days', but ATS is still head and shoulders the best site of it's type and it's members, Mod's and Staff some of the sharpest, wisest and most astute people I have come across.

The 'question everything' and 'Deny Ignorance' ethic seems to be spreading, and that can only be a good thing.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I know where you're coming from
over the last few months the trolls from cybercommand have been on here in force stroking their keyboards, playing with there joysticks, and flinging excrement; thou they seem to be away for the holidays.

as for me i'm a LL who signed up new years eve in order to...

DENY IGNORANCE
edit on 6-1-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: edit

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I have gone through periods where I have noticed a huge number of Intro threads on the recent posts page...more than I am seeing currently...

I log on everyday and still participate but not on the level I used to; but real life is to blame for that...

And for the record, I have seen new members show up and become major 'hits'...I look forward to the newbies because every hundred or so brings a very well thought individual...no offense to the rabble rousers...

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
It's a shame when the great researchers fade away. Even if you don't interact directly with them, they are missed.
I too look for the next contributor to raise the bar. When the wait time gets too long, the bar drops a bit. I am logged on here all day and pour over the new threads when I open the tab looking for a nugget. Too bad my life is too dull to be worthy of a great thread.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadow watcher
Too bad my life is too dull to be worthy of a great thread.

That's communist talk!!

Find a topic...do some research and start piecing together a thread...allow yourself some time and consideration...You have all of the time in the world and truth be told...a few of my threads were done like that...It doesn't need to be breaking news...analyze to the best of your ability and let ATS'ers hone the rhetoric...

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by havok

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
I am sure FB has brought numerous new members, but I also think all the craziness in the world is steering folks here in their research efforts. So many conspiracy articles lead to here so I would speculate that these crazy times may be part of it too.

Peace,
spec

You know what?
That's the most logical reason I can think of, also.

Maybe the more people search for alternative news, the more they get steered here.
Which, in my mind is a good thing.

Hi, I myself am new to this site and some of the reasons to my joining have been noted by you two. My other reasons would be that of just simply wanting people with whom to have an intellectual conversation with, without having one of the parties involved getting all upset and wanting to argue all the time. I must say I do have a FB profile with the friends that I have grown up with, gone to school with, worked with or go out with. None seem to ever respond with the postings I put up about current issues and what have you, and all seem to be in their little "box" so to say. So with that being said, I am looking forward to having discussions/debates on this site, and with a moderator involved makes it all the better. See you guys around.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I am a recent member and signed up about 3 weeks ago. I did come across this site years ago, but only briefly viewed it. The main change for me was wikileaks, there where a lot of stories going around and found some really intelligent conservation on this topic at ATS. With some bright sparks like that around I felt in safe company with so much BS going around these days. ATS provided something my life was missing, trust and something I could believe in. Deny Ignorance, all the way.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join