It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS veterans...Is it just me? Or am I seeing an influx of new members? Are we the new Facebook?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Sorry fellow ATS members...
I've been a member for a few years now and I've never witnessed sooo many new members in a short time.
Someone correct me please.
Maybe I don't log on enough to actually compare it to other days...
But I've read through 6-8 introductions just in a few hours today. Maybe more.
Some introductions seem sincere, others just plain ridiculous.

I'd actually like to link it to a conspiracy so that's why I put it in the General Conspiracy forum.
I don't call them dis-info agents.
I do recall the POTUS saying he will "End all conspiracies"...

I know that having new ATS members is a good thing.
Spreading the knowledge.
I also know that the more people see what's going on, besides what the MSM shows you, is a positive thing.

But I have to wonder, where is the popularity stemming from?

Mods? Any comments?
You can move this if you want.

Maybe I am finally going crazy...
Maybe their Facebook page is on fire!

To all the new members that read this, please don't feel offended.
I am just stating what is obvious to me.
You are all more than welcome here, I'm just curious is all.

edit on 6-1-2011 by havok because: changed title.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Yeah ATS has been changing pretty fast lately. Lots of new people which is good, they tend to talk more than older members though it seems

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Better then Facebook

how many members we have in total on ATS ??

they say FB have 500 million members .. so we need 2 millions more to reach FB

498 millions ATS members .. we are so close

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

It was a sarcastic comparison...
Which I'm sure you caught.

Maybe this site is finally catching on.

I don't see anywhere near the number of older members anymore.

edit on 6-1-2011 by havok because: added a line.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
hey! whats up?
im new here too but i been getting information off this website for a long time now.
i think of it this way, the more people opening their eyes and thinking out of the box, the better right!

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Yes, the dilution of ATS intelligence continues.

So many new disinfo agents and sock puppets too.

link   
Finally catching on?

ATS is the most popular alternative site on the net. We average like a million hits a day or something like that.

I think that we see new members primarily in the summer months, the winter tends to slow down and then we have the really good discussions that happen.

The summer months are crazy here as any of our regular members know.

I do think we are getting more and more popular, which is a good thing, but can be a bad thing. You know more trolls and that sort of thing.

Then again we are a very good community and not very many fakes get through us for very long.

~Keeper

link   
reply to post by macG84

Yeah I read your intro and actually understood it.
It's a good thing..

Maybe if we sway people from Fakebook and here to ATS, we can start something...

link   
wow! never new ATS had that many members!

I joined in dec i think and kinda addicted now!

link   
reply to post by havok

Well I am fairly new to posting on this site but I can promise you I am not here to mock or try to create dis information. I am a skeptic by nature and I am also a bit of a cynic by nature, but this stuff fascinates me and I am definitely known to come up with conspiracies of my own quite frequently. I may not be the most die hard but I will never call BS on anyone for anything. I might say I don't buy it or provide reasons for why I think they are wrong or evidence to contradict something they said, but all in all I am also a debater by nature.

Anyway I am glad to join this family of people that are more like me then my own circle of friends. I have noticed more immaturity since I came around. I have browsed this site for about a yr, but just signed up recently so that may make a difference. I also found this site while researching the whole 2012 phenomenon and wasn't even aware there was a facebook page. I have a facebook just for family and close friends and I didn't even use my real name. I am not big on that stuff as is.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I am sure FB has brought numerous new members, but I also think all the craziness in the world is steering folks here in their research efforts. So many conspiracy articles lead to here so I would speculate that these crazy times may be part of it too.

Peace,
spec

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I can't say I'm anywhere near a veteran, but I have seen alot of new members too.
2nd

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
I am sure FB has brought numerous new members, but I also think all the craziness in the world is steering folks here in their research efforts. So many conspiracy articles lead to here so I would speculate that these crazy times may be part of it too.

Peace,
spec

You know what?
That's the most logical reason I can think of, also.

Maybe the more people search for alternative news, the more they get steered here.
Which, in my mind is a good thing.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Yeah i hear ya. I have read 10 introduction topics in the past few hours. Before i saw only 1-3 per day.

More members would be a good thing... if a chunk of them weren't dumb as hell.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Bildeberg

I also see more new members treating this like a dating or networking site, rather that conspiracy related.
I guess it comes with the territory.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by havok

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist

Peace,
spec

You know what?
That's the most logical reason I can think of, also.

Maybe the more people search for alternative news, the more they get steered here.
Which, in my mind is a good thing.

I'm new here and your reply is exactly why I joined. I wanted more than what I was getting from the lamestream media. I knew there had to be more to what's happening than just the daily entertainment fluff. I couldn't find a good central news source til someone told me they were reading ATS and I checked it out.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I am one of the newer members and confess that I like to talk. I found ATS while googling ufo sightings in Richmond Va. I decided to stick around. Maybe with all the strange things occuring lately more people are looking for themselves instead of taking TPTB's word for it...

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Alright, i gotta know....

What's TPTB?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Bildeberg

the powers that be

Whoo!!

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
There really has been an uptake in membership recently.
We have our highs and lows here it is natural. When there are big news topics buzzing the interwebz, people flock here to read about them. We have had a few in the last couple of months and add that to the economy news and you will see many new introductions.

It is a good thing and can also be a bad thing, it depends on what you are measuring.
If you have been here a long time, and you tire of people rediscovering topics that you have discussed for years, it can be a negative. If you look at it from the point of fresh blood with new ideas, then it is a good thing.

I'm a moderate and welcome new members, but sometimes I shake my head a bit when I see old debunked topics reopened and debated like it's new. Good with the bad ehh?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join