It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

40,000 dead crabs washed up on Kent coastline as UK is latest country to be hit by bizarre animal de

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

40,000 dead crabs washed up on Kent coastline as UK is latest country to be hit by bizarre animal deaths Read more: www.mirror.co.uk...

www.mirror.co.uk

Thousands of dead crabs have washed up along the Kent coast – the latest in a series of bizarre animal deaths sweeping the world.

More than 40,000 Devil crabs – also known as Velvet swimming crabs – were found strewn along beaches in Thanet along with dead starfish, lobsters, sponges and anemones.

Experts believe the crabs died from hypothermia after the UK’s coldest Deecember in 120 years.

The crab deaths are the latest in a series of mass animal deaths all around the world.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
So the cold has been blamed for this as well... yet it is warmer here today than it has been in weeks!

Are the MSM searching for this type of news and so making it seem like a mass kill-off or IS this getting odd now?

Why are all water animals apparently dying of the 'cold and birds of blunt trauma?

www.mirror.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
ok so they are saying this is the 2nd year in a row this has happened... but then go on to say

Coastal warden Tony Sykes said: 'We suspect that climate change and warmer weather has lured the crabs towards the shoreline. 'They could also be attracted to these waters looking for kelp, to feed on.

So is it warm or cold?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by yzzyUK
So is it warm or cold?

Yes.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

search and ye shall find another thread on this

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I have a strange question... MSM is saying the birds died of blunt trauma... now.. my question is are they able to tell the difference if the blunt trauma is in mid air or the trauma itself is the bird hitting the ground after falling?
I mean is it possible that the trauma is actually the birds hitting the ground or is there a way they specifically can clarify trauma before death?
Sorry maybe this is a naive question but i'm just curious why all the birds else where in the world are dieing from cold but for some reason in Arkansas there's 5000 that are beat up.. let me know this will help me clarify any further research. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by JonoEnglish
www.abovetopsecret.com...

search and ye shall find another thread on this

ahhh I did search but nothing came up!

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by srbouska

Yes it is possible to tell if a being died before or after a trauma.

Distribution They are found from northern Norway to the Mediterranean and the Black Sea. They live on all British coasts and are native to parts of Africa.

If they live up near North Norway.... then why was Kent cold enough to kill them? Doesn't makes sense!

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
The problem is simple
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ba5adaf6c123.jpg[/atsimg]
Someone was doing their math homework at the beach

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Wow, that's strange :/
I thought it might have been coincidence with the fish and the birds dying, but now this? Hmmmm...
Wierd how the MSM says they froze, they can be found near the southern coasts of Norway so I guess they'd be used to colder waters than here in the UK?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Next to be washed up will be larger creatures and sea mammals.

And then, whatever it is killing them all, will start affecting everything else on the planet - including us

S&F

edit on 6-1-2011 by doobydoll because: to add S&F

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by yzzyUK

I responded on the other thread, the sea temperatures in the area are still within the normal averages for January.. So I take the "the cold killed them" as no more than media spin.. hope that helps

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Actually on the other thread someone took the time to research the average temps off the coast and provided a link.

Jan temp was average.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
i used to keep tropical crabs and they die realy easy dont no if its the same for cold water but if they get stressed they die they get cold they die they have to much air they die not anuf air they die but the main reason for me saying this is i think there was under water earthquake they got stressed they died same with the fish im gessing its the magnetic fields with the birds there somethink strange going on

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

thousands of collared doves in Faenza have been discovered dead "in heaps in the flower beds, crushed by machinery in the streets, horribly hung from trees like Christmas balls."

I don't know how credible the gothamist is but I did find this a few minutes ago.

Gothamist

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I firmly believe that something is either messing up with earths magnetic field which apparently is what fish and birds use to navigate and is causing them to put themselves in situations that kill them. Whether that be from some sort of HAARP technology is a good question. If we change something on the earth in one place, it will most likely have an effect on another thing. Don't wireless devices give out frequecies that can give us health problems such as cell phones?

There is also the possibility that the moon and sun are possibly changing somewhat in the way they normally function and could be having an effect on the earth and we are starting to see the effects now. I doubt that we will be given the real reasons as to why this is happening by the mainstream news.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Aflockalypse

LOL

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
mmmmm
Time for a barbecue

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by aoi3610
Aflockalypse

LOL

Now thats funny right there, I don't care who you are.
Aflockalypse Now part 2 lol.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by aoi3610
Aflockalypse

LOL

oh man this definitely takes the cake lol , that was a good laugh for a minute. anyways back to the subject , i was believing it was haarp or bp oil spill, but after all the reading etc... im now thinking it has todo with the core. but hey who knows, i guess well see. Aflockalypse lol good for a movie title.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join