It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newbie + Paranormal picture?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Hi all,
Sorry I had to post it here but new folk must follow the rules. To keep it short and sweet, I took this picture in one of the bedrooms at MonteCristo Homestead (www.montecristo.com.au...) in Junee, Australia. There is an odd black shadow in the picture. I took this photo with a Canon 40D Digital SLR. I can tell you 100% there was nothing at all in the way of the shot, no refelections, no sun shining in, no fingers/camera straps, nothing.

I have never had this happen in the possibly thousands of shots I have now taken on this camera. Maybe its something, maybe its nothing. But I do find it quite odd. If anyone can shed any light at all it would be very much appreciated.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Apologies if the picture link didnt work. This one should:

img255.imageshack.us...

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ammaring

Are you refering to the shadow or darkness on the image? Did you take the image?

I have to say it is kind of odd because the rest of the room has such good lighting....

I have heard of this place, the last time we travelled through NSW we were gonna take a detour to check it out but didnt get a chance. It does sound kinda spooky though.

In Melbourne there is a sight seeing thing you can do, it runs out of an old bookstore ( clich'e i know lol ) at night you walk around to many so called haunted sites in Melbourne. I never saw anything strange, but it's always spooky going into old places and buildings after heaing haunting stories....
edit on 6-1-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

Oh and welcome this being your first post

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
The shadow on the lower left hand side of the picture. Yes I did take it myself. I took the same pic just maybe a bit less than a minute before, and nothing showed up in that one at all. It has me baffled.

It is a great place to visit. And thanks for the info on Melbourne, I will check it out as I live here now.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Yeah strange pic indeed. Thats always the thing with Ghost or Spirit's it's always a strange shadow or orb like image.

No probs on the Melbourne info -

Here is the bookstore's website: ( gotta say it's a good domain lol )

www.haunted.com.au...

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Here is a larger/higher resolution image of the same. Maybe its just me but it seems to be in the chair or something?

img225.imageshack.us...

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Yeah it is in that direction. I just wanna check as well, did you look at the light, i mean the light bulb and the fixture?

It is obviously old fashioned and ''vintage'' was there anything on that side of the globe that would cast a shadow that you noticed?

It just seems it could be coming from the fixture, if there was something very close to the globe on that side it would make the shadow seem much bigger and in that general location. I only ask as i cannot see the complete fixture.

You said you have another image taken jsut before that one, with no shadow. Are you able to upload it? Just to compare?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Also here is an enhanced version - well when i say enhanced i mean the highlight levels have been adjusted. The shadow is still there, although faded compaired to the original.

lh6.ggpht.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I see what you mean, but there was absolutely nothing at all that could cast such a shadow. The ceiling light was quite dull. I didnt use a flash either. I have played around with copies of the picture in editing programs (b/w, negative, Brightness, contrast etc) and the black image still shows no matter what I do to it! Here is a link to the image I took just moments before:

img412.imageshack.us...

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
like to see more photos from different places that doesn't necessary contain anything and whats that behind the clock reflecting and the dot in the corner top?
edit on 6-1-2011 by exactmad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
From the same day at MonteCristo you mean?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   

ok yeah isee now what you mean. Thanks for the second upload.

Also in both images i notices a creepy painting, its on the right hand side of the photo, down low on the wall near the couch sofa. All i see is th face of a girl staring at the camera! Spooky but prob nothing sinister...

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I tell ya, everything about the whole property is creepy. I guess this one gets put in the 'NFI' file!

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
The clock reflection is strange, as the light is dull and no natural light was coming in. The shadow seems to be somewhat 'solid', thick. Who knows. Maybe Mrs Crawley saying hello.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
hey nice pic. i have a canon 40D and a 7D and the pic does look strange. the only way it could be faked is if there was a rear mounted flash with something in front of it to cast a shadow. but the angle would be wrong from the wide angle of the shot. what lens did you use. and could you post the metadata. im in melb too.

maybe we should all organize an ATS australia Ghost tour lol

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by tim3lord

That would be awesome lol, i bet the haunted book store guy would love it, if he was a member. I went on it a couple years ago and it was $30 per ticket or $50 including dinner on the Vintage Tram in Melbourne that serves dinner.

Although i havent come across to many members on here from Melbourne

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

well there are quite a few but i suppose this is predominantly a US site. still ill add you and if you see any other Melbournites lets get a group together. might be fun to organize a group tour.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
sorry for my ignorance, but metadata? the only thing i use is a UV filter. Cant remember if I had it on or not. I can tell you this is not faked at all. Have you everseen anything like this with your Canon's?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ammaring
The shadow on the lower left hand side of the picture. Yes I did take it myself. I took the same pic just maybe a bit less than a minute before, and nothing showed up in that one at all. It has me baffled.

It is a great place to visit. And thanks for the info on Melbourne, I will check it out as I live here now.

Hey there ammaring and welcome to ATS.

Could you post the other photograph for us to compare please ... as it is it's difficult to tell whether it's just a poorly lit corner as we don't have a full overview of the room ... but with a second shot taken at the same time it adds perspective.

Thanks in advance. Woody

Sorry I posted before I read all the other posts (that'll teach me)

Well there certainly is a distinct difference between the two ... did you feel anything whilst you were in the room ?
edit on 6-1-2011 by woodwytch because: to add

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
It's the shadow of your finger which you had close to your flash.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join