It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings from Weird New Jersey...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Hello from a lurkeress,
I've been eyeballing this site for some bit before finally joining. I'm glad I did, as I find these forums enriched with compelling discussions, theories, and information.
As the title states, I hail from the infamous "Jersey Shore", but have lived in other cities (for college, etc). My first "UFO" experience was here... however most if not all paranormal ("ghosts" is the simplest explanation) occured in the cities. Thus, most of my interest is held in the subjects of such, however this site has helped me develop a new interest; conspiracy. I thank the staff here at ATS for this, revealing new ways to view these interesting subjects.
Anway, I look forward to engaging with others here!

- Miss Ick Yuck

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ickyuck

I lived in Jersey for A while. Do you have any good jersey devil stories? I heard a lot of stories about the Jersey devil when I lived there.
Anyway welcome to ATS and hopefully enjoy your stay.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ickyuck

Hey Neighbor...Welcome to the land of tin foil hats! I'm sure you'll find plenty of interesting info and people here. Just remember to take everything with a grain of salt, this site encompasses the entire spectrum. Have Fun.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I just sorta do my thing here, and sometimes I don't.

I hope you visit often, I hope you challenge everything you read, hear, or watch.
Be critical, but be fair, and add as much information to a topic as you can without being ridiculed.

And I really hope you take the time to shake the wheat from the chafe so that you understand the truth.

Welcome to ATS....

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Hey guys! Thanks for taking interest in my introduction!!
Elahrairah; I LOVE the pine barrens and have spent many days traipsing around that area, driving down dirt roads to nowhere. There was only one strange time that I experienced (For as you may know, the entire AREA of the pine barrens is WEIRD!!); I was driving down a random road (off of rt. 70), and stopped to take a pee pee. It was about 1 AM.. My roomate was with me, she also got out of the car. Well I was about to step off the old road and... We both heard a terrible, unearthly, piercing scream! It was unlike any animal I've ever heard, coming from the woods ahead, north of us. Well, I'd like to say that I'm a tough girl, but I whimpered like a sissy and beelined for the car. A few years later I was checking out some owl calls (I take interest in ornithology), and found the only possible thing to debunk everything: The Barn Owl. What an eery call, right?? This species is definately no stranger to the area. So... what did I hear that night... A barn owl, or... the Jersey Devil itself?
Raindog: Yes, as soon as I found this site I realized I needed to keep my distance from some of the "spectrum"s waaay out there stuff..
anxietydisorder: Oh yes, this site has indeed opened my eyes...

Oh, and I have a ufo story that I'd like some feedback on. Just checking, I would post that in the "aliens and ufo's" forum? Forgive the stupidity of that Q...

edit on 6-1-2011 by ickyuck because: details, details

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ickyuck

I had a similar experience. I lived in Voorhees and the neighborhood I lived in backed up to the pine barrens.....
lots of freaking ticks in the pine barrens! Well I was out walking my dog near some lakes that use to be cranberry bogs and I heard a terrible screeching coming from the tree line. I was paralyzed as my brain tried to figure out what was going on until one word snapped into my mind JERSEY DEVIL! I booked down the road and did not even want to see or find out what was making the sound Luckily I was only a hundred meters from where the dirt road turns into pavement and there are ample street lights to give a feeling of civilization. From numerous friends I had in the area I had heard tons more stories that where downright weird.
www.weirdnj.com...
On the third page of this thread I posted some info on the Jersey Devil
www.abovetopsecret.com...
cheers

edit on 6-1-2011 by ELahrairah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Hey! Welcome!!!! New Jersey here as well and I am a subscriber to "Weird NJ". I often find myself on weekend adventures from the stuff I find in there. Greetings from Essex County. Enjoy your stay!!
edit on 6-1-2011 by cluckerspud because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Hello and welcome

Hope you enjoy your stay, sounds like you have some interesting stuff to share

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Greetings from NJ as well. Hope you enjoy your stay here at ATS and become a regular.

bTW... I'm from West Deptford and now reside in Washington Twp (the southern one). I've thought before that it would be cool to get a group of NJ ATS members together to carry out some field investigations and whatnot. We certainly have plenty of strange things in this state.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ickyuck

My home was NJ for years. In fact I'm here now for a bit :-

Have you seen Clinton Road? Or the Witch Altar in the woods near a cemetery in Mt. Holly? Gate of Hell?

Many cool things here.

btw ... Moorestown NJ here....

edit on 7-1-2011 by RustyShakleford92 because: info

new topics

top topics

join