It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hello, !! insomnia !! what is happening to the world

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Ask yourselves one question...

How much physical exercise do you get in a day.... I actually go though bouts of insomnia myself, but i know what the reason is.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Well, I feel fine, but I also fear that the world is going off the deep end as a whole, like there is collective insanity creeping in, or perhaps it is just all the electronics and the fact that the world is wired now - maybe it's all just an effect of coming together - being wired TOGETHER that is happening.

Like if you have a Christmas tree, and people are the needles, and the lights get strung, and someone plugs it into the wall. It wasn't really quite a Christmas tree until it got wired up and turned on....so wonder WTH we are turning into now that we- humans- and even some animals we've tagged and collared- we're wired and plugged in. Hope we aren't just a big fruitcake.

CX

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Firstly, welcome to ATS.

Regarding your insomnia, i would like to suggest to people here that it may not be anything nefarious that is affecting their sleep, it could just be the need for a decent sleep hygeine routine.

I have had major problems sleeping ever since i served in N. Ireland, a usual night for me will be about 3-4 hours of broken sleep a night, waking up every half hour or whenever i hear a noise. (Very hypersensitive to noise at night).

Having been to sleep clinics in the past, i found that some of the most common things to keep someone awake or from getting off to sleep are probably what many of us here do on ATS.

1. Don't turn the TV or computer off just moments before going to bed. The light from the screen tricks the brain into thinking it's still daylight, therefore not ready for bed yet. So try and turn these off about an hour prior to going to bed.

2. Hot milky drinks can help with getting you to sleep, not milky coffee though unless it's decaf for obvious reasons.

3. Reading can be a good one to get people off to sleep, do that in bed so you can just drift off afterwards.

4. One of the best ways i find to get some sleep is to try and astral travel. Have only ever achieved it once, every other time i wake up in the morning after a good sleep.

5. Get back into normal sleep patterns as far as the time is concerned. They suggest that 7-8 hrs is best for people, not always the case but that amount seems to do most people well if they can get it.

Put it this way, if i stay up to listen to ATS Live until 3am, get to bed by about 4am then get up at 7 after just a few hours sleep, should i really be suprised if my sleeps messed up?

So what i'm saying is look for the usual suspects first, then if they are all in order, go looking for the more bizzare reasons for insomnia.

CX.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Noticed a few facebook comments aswell about not sleeping well on the 4th, topic even sprung up on one of the busiest forums in Ireland, with a poll added, 70% saying didnt sleep well last night.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
arent people finding this disturbing?

i sure as hell am.. i went to bed earlyish, 10pm

woke up 1am
forced myself back to sleep for an hour

woke up at 2.20
went back to sleep for 45 min

i simply cant sleep even though im tired

the comp and tv havent been on, just before somebody says maybe its distracting you

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join