It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Talks 2012 Presidential Run: "I am Involved In A Revolution"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Ron Paul Talks 2012 Presidential Run: "I am Involved In A Revolution"

www.infowars.com

Texas Congressman Ron Paul has once again spoke of a potential Presidential campaign for 2012, declaring that is is very seriously considering running, given that all other potential candidates from both parties do not represent any real change.
The Congressman appeared alongside his son, Senator elect Rand Paul on CNN’s Anderson Copper 360 show.
The Congressman again described the odds of such a development as 50/50, but supporters will take great encouragement from his words:
“People ask me if I think about it a lot and I do because I get asked it all the time. But yes. I am giving it
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
It would be a true blessing to have him run for presidency. If picked as the candidate to run against Obama, it would not only be a easy victory over the empty suit...er I mean Obama, but it would be a victory for the republic as well!

Furthermore, we wouldn't have to worry about that Sarah Palin character either!

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
He goes onto say:

“I would consider everyone of them a pretty big challenge because I am involved in a revolution, I want revolutionary ideas, I want to return our country to the original roots of individual liberty.”

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
As much as I love the man and his ideas, I sadly see nothing gained but diaapointment should he run. MSM, Republicans and Democrats will do nothing but make him seem looney...as has happened with every other attempt to run.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I like Ron Paul, he seems a genuine sort and his ideas are...interesting.

I like his social stances (indifferent..liberal if anything). he takes a very ultra fiscal conservative stand.

I don't agree with like half of his stands on fiscal matters and think he is seriously off about some philosophies, however, if he did win POTUS, I wouldn't feel nervous about the future of the country with tons of new wars, rights being crushed for the citizens, etc...he is a intelligent man with some clever ideas.

He is what the whole right wing should stand for in my opinion and give an actual choice of two different styles of leadership that has to be thought out intellectually verses palin whom will only make people think emotionally. Hopefully he does get the nomination..but he wont. he has no chance in hell of getting it because he is not a ball player. Perhaps he can pretend to be folksy or something for the primarys...

I would still vote for Obama over him..but only for some fiscal philosophical differences..not because I don't like the guy.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I kinda have to disagree SATURN.

I think the last time he ran, he got a little publicity, or in that previous case, his name was mentioned alot. Sometimes in a good light, but more often, a bad one. But now, things under the current administration haven't changed. And the people of this country see this. Thus the low approval ratings for Obama, ( lowest in history ).
I think Ron has as good as shot as anyone. Especially now that he is in charge of the Federal Spending oversight committee. If he does bring down the hammer on the Federal spending audits, it will be all over the MSM. And by this, will increase his chances and his popularity. Only time will tell though. He has two years to really make an impact. I think that will be the deciding factor.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
If he does bring down the hammer on the Federal spending audits, it will be all over the MSM. And by this, will increase his chances and his popularity.

The way I see it, this might do more harm than good for two reasons.

1. The Fed has many powerful allies/ cronies / supporters throughout, I feel that if here were to really "bring the hammer down" he wont be too popular where it really matters, which in turn...
2. Will lead to more discrediting, calling him a radical, a nutcase etc...A lot of Americans clamor for change, but only the kind they can understand. I doubt his fiscal ideas will make sense or sound plausible for a majority of our county.

The same can go for many of his other ideas...too extreme for what the country is used to.

And besides, IIRC, two former Presidents took on the FED with less than stellar results.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
I kinda have to disagree SATURN.

I think the last time he ran, he got a little publicity, or in that previous case, his name was mentioned alot. Sometimes in a good light, but more often, a bad one. But now, things under the current administration haven't changed. And the people of this country see this. Thus the low approval ratings for Obama, ( lowest in history ).
I think Ron has as good as shot as anyone. Especially now that he is in charge of the Federal Spending oversight committee. If he does bring down the hammer on the Federal spending audits, it will be all over the MSM. And by this, will increase his chances and his popularity. Only time will tell though. He has two years to really make an impact. I think that will be the deciding factor.

He is still touted as the crazy libertarian by both sides of the aisle..and although the thinking voter may see his ideas and the merits behind them, most will just think he is some wackjob. He is ultimately unelectable...and he is old. Very old. He is like 300 or something, and although that shouldn't play a part...it does to a young voter whom votes on cuteness and overall acting ability.

As far as Obama's current gutter numbers, you need to break down the numbers further to get the real picture. 41% are strongly opposed to how Obama is leading as POTUS, however, in that number, you get the average base reps...whom would be strongly opposed to Jesus if he had the wrong letter in front of him, but also in the group of moderate unhappy and some strong are liberals whom seen Obama's caving on taxes to be a near betrayal and turncoat. Those people will however get back on board when taxes come up again in 18 months and is firmly said no to for political reasons. Then those disappointed now will jump back on board and obama's numbers will magically spike.

Obama loses to republicans barely in a general election according to polls if it was held today..generic republicans...however, straight down the list, when a name is given to a republican, it becomes a landslide
Palin? oh no..
Romney? Nope.
Gingrich? Absolutely not.
Paul? Who?

So ya..unless they roll out a ACME republican with no name, then Obama, for all his faults, is still a rockstar. People are not happy with the economy..the only thing people truely care about is the unemployment numbers. That is the end all/be all of life at the moment. Not pro or anti health care, no wedge issues, just jobs.

A semi close second is a concern about debt, but that is so far down the line that its just stupid. Ron Paul is running on all sorts of great ideas about debt (well, lets call them ideas...some I find to be trainwreck ideas, but thats just my opinion). He however has little to say about jobs beyond..wow, that sucks..moving on.

The person whom will win in 2012 will be the one whom gets the message across of how they will slap taraffs on imports, and punish cruelly via taxes any corporation in America that outsources jobs..that person will win. debt and jobs.

Now, lets see if any candidate on either side will make such a statement.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Juston

Agreed, but one thing that is drawing much needed attention, is the fact that the people are realizing that the federal governments scheme of IRS income taxes is just that,...a scheme. And the more he pushes the " end the fed " slogan, and brings to light to the people, the injustice of the income taxes...that might have a direct impact on the people. Most importantly the middle class.

If he runs, the stage will allow him to really make an impact on the people. Because I think this time IMO, he will have a larger, listening audience, who want " real change ". It will be exciting to see if he does run though.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
One thing he will only be able to do what they want with the masses, just the truth no matter if you like it or not.

Stalin said and he is right, does not matter who you vote for, only who counts the votes.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

But that's were your wrong. He isn't viewed as a crazy old loon. Many Republicans have sided with him over the past several months.

And you suggest that the younger viewers don't see him as anything relevant?

This straight from the horses mouth:

“Because the young people are responding and giving the encouragement, I am really thinking very seriously about it, but at this time I cannot give an answer.” he told viewers.

Students for Liberty, an international libertarian organization drew a diverse and colorful crowd to a CPAC that was dominated by older establishment activists. Between the hordes of pudgy Dick Cheney fans, you would occasionally run into a 20-something-year-old with long hair, sometimes bearded face, wearing a t-shirt and jeans.

So your statement about the younger viewers wouldn't be correct. His movement is far reaching.

The Ladies of Liberty Alliance provided perhaps the most shocking clash, at least in fashion, with your typical CPAC’ers. Their members had variations of pink hair, tattoos, piercings, and other characteristics one would not normally think to find at CPAC. They even convinced me to buy a LOLA Calendar, featuring some of their members in suggestive and, in a few instances, down right risqué spreads, though each page contained a fun but serious message about the Constitution and freedom.

The CPAC noted that :

Ron Paul seemed to be extremely popular with most CPAC attendees.

He is gaining momentum, whether you like him or not. The fact remains that he is here, and is beginning to acquire the the peoples backing, little by little. I'd rather have him than say....Sarah Palin? I'm sure we can agree on that much?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX He however has little to say about jobs beyond..wow, that sucks..moving on.

The person whom will win in 2012 will be the one whom gets the message across of how they will slap taraffs on imports, and punish cruelly via taxes any corporation in America that outsources jobs..that person will win. debt and jobs.

Now, lets see if any candidate on either side will make such a statement.

Do you think Obama will? Not being snide, honest question.

About jobs and how Mr. Paul feels about them...Stimulating Our Way to Rock Bottom January 14, 2009

Contrary to the belief of many, the goal of the economy is not job creation. Jobs can be a sign of a healthy economy, as a high energy level can be a sign of a healthy body. But just as unhealthy substances can artificially give the addict that burst of energy that has nothing to do with health, artificially created jobs just exacerbate our problems. The goal of a healthy economy is productivity. Jobs are a positive outcome of that. A “job” could be to dig a hole one day, and fill it back up the next, or perhaps the equivalent at a desk. This does no one any good. But the value in that paycheck ultimately has to come from taxing someone productive. Some think this round-robin type of economic model is supposed to get us somewhere.

Makes sense to me.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Juston

I can answer that, he doesn't stand a chance! One termer. Period!

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Paul would beat Obama 100% of the time.

Obama simply has no clue about economics, the Constitution, or pretty much anything else involved in running a country.

The past 24 months are proof of that.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by BigTimeCheater

Not to mention Obama has no clue on the monetary system and how its suppose to work? 193 days as senator doesn't suggest a true knowledge and hands on training of the systems used today.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I think Ron Paul is great, and I will vote for him. I hope he does run and becomes the Republican candidate, I am sad to say, I don't think a 3rd party candidate will win, at least in this time in history. But Paul stands for freedom, and Obama stands for totalitarian federal control.

link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

Well, I hope your right

I want to see Obama V Paul and a strong and intelligent debate of direction verses a circus sideshow of Obama V Palin.

I simply don't see Paul as having a chance to get the republican nomination. Hell, Palin's "Tea Party Express" rejected Paul overall.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c8cf24ac385c.jpg[/atsimg]

link   

Originally posted by BigTimeCheater
Paul would beat Obama 100% of the time.

On paper? Most definitly.

In real world America? Unfortunatly not.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I truly hope that Ron runs for potus, as we shall have some elites shaking in their pants, might even shard themselves

I beleive Paul would do the following
1) end this revolving war over what

2) put transparency on the Fed and IRS
3) stop Nafta
4) put down the Patriot Act
5) etc
Even if he could get one thing right it sure would be more than any of the last several potus azz hats that we have in as of late

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Juston

On paper? Most definitly.

In real world America? Unfortunatly not.

Sadly you are most likely correct, considering a large portion of Obamas votes are based solely due to his race.

The problem Paul faces is navigating his way through all of the BS the GOP will throw at him.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join