It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Micheal Moore Hates America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Just curious if people are planning to see this movie? I'm hopeful that it gets to enough theaters in America to make a viable alternative to the Bush haters.

Of course, while a lot of Republicans and libertarians have given the Moore movie a chance, this new movie will fall on deaf ears from the liberal faction. It may be in their best interest to find out the truth about this guy and the lies that he has created.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I'm not going to go out and see it, I'll wait until it comes out on video, same as with Fahrenheit911.

But did anyone see the report on the Daily SHow aboutthis movie? Hillarious, I must say. I doubt it will go far, and certianly not half as far as Moore's movies has gone. The movie just doesn't have the exposure.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 12:39 AM
link   
You have to expect that kind of action from the Daily Show. Being a left leaning show and a comedy show at that, they had to make fun of it. But I think the producers of MMHA got what they wanted out of it. They were able to get some press out of the encounter.

It may not do as well as F911, but that may be caused by the fact that F911 was distributed a whole lot more than what MMHA will ever get. But they will both tank when it comes out on DVD. I doubt many people would buy either film.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I got this from www.michaelmoorehatesamerica.com It's what the director had to say about the Daily Show skit.

UPDATE! The Daily Show just aired. It was hilarious. I have no regrets about doing it� and I have to say, I'm thoroughly impressed that Moore played along (even though the result was to take a shot at me). Perhaps his sense of humor about this is finally coming around. Samantha Bee is hilarious, and it was cool to hang out with her for the day. I'll check in tomorrow.

I think it got enough decent exposure. It would have been better if the film was complete and getting ready to go to theaters this weekend.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 01:59 AM
link   
What happend to the Daily Show I never really thought of it as a left show back when Kraig Kilborn was the host. I didnt consider it a right show back then either it never seemed like it was on either side it was just funny. Now it seems to be a very left show what happened?

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I'm not sure what happened to the show. It used to be funny as hell. John Stewart although probably a liberal makes a good point to make fun of about everybody, which is great. But it's the other commentators that seem to have left Stewart's theory of political comedy and staged a liberal revolt. The only thing funny on that show anymore is "Back in Black" with Lewis Black. He continues the Steward view of political comedy making fun of both sides. I think that's where the show needs to return to. Especially in an election year, where you have the resources to make fun of both sides. John Kerrey is hilariously boring. And jokes pertaining to his boringness (a made up word, I know) will never get old.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by slickwilly95991
Just curious if people are planning to see this movie? I'm hopeful that it gets to enough theaters in America to make a viable alternative to the Bush haters.

Of course, while a lot of Republicans and libertarians have given the Moore movie a chance, this new movie will fall on deaf ears from the liberal faction. It may be in their best interest to find out the truth about this guy and the lies that he has created.

Nope he is not getting my money, not a dime, I'll wait for a bootleg' copy...LOL.. J/k

Fancy

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
The title is stupid and off-putting but then what do you expect?

I'll watch it - but only if I can download it for free.

Do you think this one will be put on the 'download circuit' so quickly and easily?

I bet they don't want that to happen and I bet it doesn't make a fraction of the MM film.

.....and I bet it isn't half the movie either. But, we'll see.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I'll see it if I can see it for free. Other than that I might read what it has to say. I just think it's a bit cliche now: If you criticize the president (your constitutional right - in fact obligation if you think he's wrong!) then you 'hate america.'

"I don't like war in general and the war in Iraq in specific. I think Bush made a big lie to get us into war."

Awww, you just hate America.

"I don't like Bill Clinton because he lied about getting oral sex from Monica."

Heh, you just hate America.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Moore has said a fair share of bad things about the American population, but mainly this is highlighted by the fact that the reason so many people are ignorant is becuase of the way the media and government works. Anyone who values America would try and do what he is doing: exposing the lies and deciets of a terrible administration. I wouldn't call this 'hating America' .

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthtone
Moore has said a fair share of bad things about the American population, but mainly this is highlighted by the fact that the reason so many people are ignorant is becuase of the way the media and government works. Anyone who values America would try and do what he is doing: exposing the lies and deciets of a terrible administration. I wouldn't call this 'hating America' .

Exactly.

To enslave a population, you first kill their minds.

To do this in our society you delete the public ability to think and criticize.

Once you do this, people automatically love country over free speech. You have trained their minds to believe that free debate is harmful. You condition them to automatically believe the government is good. They ingrain nationalism into you - the popular belief that your country is automatically better than any other.

Once you've accomplished this, you can invade foreign countries and justify mass murder to your population.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Moore is no more harmful to the country than Bush,Kerry,Brokaw or OReiley they all twist the simple minds of the average person to meet their needs. When you listen to one of our countries leaders speak, and decide if you really heard what you think or will you accept the denial of statement a year from now. Moore will probably run for some office in a few years and where ever that is they will elect him because he to sees how gullable we all are.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Here is a review for the Micheal Moore Hates America movie supposedly coming out in August.

www.twincities.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
i saw the movie and it was quite entertaining. Now, of course its shockin but the movie is made to be shockin. To be honest Moore put so much emphasis on Bush that it makes you feel like Bush is the devil when we all know that he is a doll in this whole thing!

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   
How did you see Micheal Moore Hates America? It's not out yet. Do you have a bootleg copy of it or something?

You can see a trailer for the film at www.michealmoorehatesamerica.com It looks pretty good.

top topics

join