It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands Of Fish Dead In Spruce Creek

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Connman

How do you explain the birds that died in the same area? Fireworks does not seem to explain the two separate events that happened in the "near geographical" area. I could almost believe the fireworks theory but how do the fish work into the equation. Did the fireworks contain a toxic chemical that after they oxidized somehow drifted to the river and contaminated it? It is possible that the two events caused by a singular event (new years eve fireworks) are related but it is unlikely in my opinion.

edit on 4-1-2011 by mileysubet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

I haven`t seen where birds have died in Florida. Have they? And I`m still open to other causes here. Like I said I would think more areas had this cold here in Florida as well.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
HH, I saw a foreign paper earlier tonight that had a fish kill of 100's of tons of fish. This was in South America I believe. Let me see if I can find it.

Alright, I think I figured this out, here is the link with no translation- www.parana-online.com.br... Then use whatever translator you want.

A survey conducted by the Federation of Fishermen's Colony of Paraná, Paranaguá on the coast of the state, indicates that at least 100 tons of fish (sardine, croaker and catfish) have turned up dead since last Thursday off the coast of Parana.

On Sunday, representatives from the Environmental Institute of Paraná (IAP), the Secretary of State for the Environment and Water Resources (SEMA), took samples to verify the reason for the deaths. O relatório será divulgado hoje. The report will be released today.

The president of the Federation of Fishermen's Colony of Parana, Edmir Manoel Ferreira, reports that between Paranaguá and Guaraqueçaba at least 2,800 fishermen depend on the daily seafood.

"On Thursday we began to realize very dead fish. Só uma comunidade chegou a enterrar 15 toneladas. Only one community came to bury 15 tons. Estamos vivenciando uma situação muito triste no litoral”, relata. We are experiencing a very sad situation on the coast, "reports.

I cannot place the names, it is ran through Google Translator

Yeah, this is the coast of Brazil

Okay that link is NOT working. Go to here-www.drudgereport.com... It is on the right side of the Drudge Report

Added more text and attempted to fix link
edit on 4-1-2011 by saltheart foamfollower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
just patiently waiting for the next one so every news agency can stop with the denial and at least say that it appears the birds of america are going to be replaced by bugs. super fun bugs thats will cause some sort of real pandemic if unchecked by nature. we have about 1/64 natures capacity, so spraying wont help..
just wait, as bad as it sounds, more mass die-offs to follow, stay tuned

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Connman

Look at the map it did not occur in Florida, all the sources (how ever unreliable they may be) said it happened in Arkansas.

My information was incorrect, as it is happing in more places than I assumed. Keep your eyes open people.

edit on 4-1-2011 by mileysubet because: corrected

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

edit on 4-1-2011 by mileysubet because: info was covered

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I haven't seen Phage in a long time post on here- has he posted at all on here about this
or what he thinks may have caused this? Has anyone heard from him?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
what i want to know, what the hell is going on. Its all over the US and now also over seas with new zealand having dead fish coming up. Lets just hope these are isolated incidents and something worse isnt brewing in the background!

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by q_ball

New Zealand, more info please?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

This threads source says it occurred in VOLUSIA COUNTY, Fla. copied right out of the source in the first post. I know the birds died in that other thread not this one.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Connman

Well call me confused.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegoodearth
I haven't seen Phage in a long time post on here- has he posted at all on here about this
or what he thinks may have caused this? Has anyone heard from him?

My thoughts he usually will chime in about page 3 or 4 and makes us feel

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Check out the news thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea
According to the article this happened in Florida. I wish people would be upfront with locations and dates.
Anyway, it seems that fish kills such as this are a common occurrence as this also happened last year (according to the article) although it was a different type of fish. Mother nature does have a way of culling populations according to survival of fittest.

Yes, I wanted to add that around this time last year I was in clearwater, fl for something work related. The house I stayed at had a small dock over the water and there were many dead or dying fish for a period of a few days... More then usual I heard. But it may have been related to the unusual cooler temperatures they had been experiencing.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
reply to post by crazydaisy

yep... blame it on the cold in the Chesapeake... but it's warm in florida...

Its warm in North Carolina... It's warm in Brazil... It's warm In New Zealand....

I live in Florida and it hasn't been warm all winter, we had a few cold snaps where it got down into the 30s.
Before the bird story, local news was reporting dead manatee's due to the cold weather.

And North Carolina has had snow so that not entirely true.

According to the FWC, more manatees have died because of the cold and other conditions.

"We're over 700 for the state and this is number 252 for just southwest Florida," Rhoads said.

www.fox4now.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet
reply to post by Connman

Look at the map it did not occur in Florida, all the sources (how ever unreliable they may be) said it happened in Arkansas.

My information was incorrect, as it is happing in more places than I assumed. Keep your eyes open people.

edit on 4-1-2011 by mileysubet because: corrected

There are fisk kills in spruce creek Florida... Regardless of what that map says

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet
reply to post by q_ball

New Zealand, more info please?

Hundreds of red snappers washed up on the beach yesterday

top topics

<< 1   >>

join