It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands Of Fish Dead In Spruce Creek

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Thousands Of Fish Dead In Spruce Creek

www.wftv.com

It's been a week since there were freezing temperatures, but there are fish lining the banks. Some said it's the worst kill they've ever seen; thousands of fish lined the twists and turns of Spruce Creek.

The sheer number of fish and the smell were both overwhelming.

"It was fun last night trying to sleep with the smell going on," said resident Sunny Morningstar.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Wow.. yet again...

Where are the answers? Where is this in the MSM?

Is this something that happens all the time every new year? and we are just hearing about it now? Honestly... this is just another in a long list of posts... this one is definitely keeping my fingers busy...

Go figure...

www.wftv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
The source said this is unusual because the water is warm - so this is not weather related. I am just beside myself with this right now - its everyday now!

I would think in climates such as Florida when the temp drops the fish would go deeper to find the warmer water, something not good is happening - keep alert people!
edit on 4-1-2011 by crazydaisy because: Added sentence

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
The source said this is unusual because the water is warm - so this is not weather related. I am just beside myself with this right now - its everyday now!

is there any way you can start a thread and consolidate all the info i dont know how

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Port orange, fla is where this is happening

Port orange
edit on 4-1-2011 by Khaaaaaan!! because: probly nuthin

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

yep... blame it on the cold in the Chesapeake... but it's warm in florida...

Its warm in North Carolina... It's warm in Brazil... It's warm In New Zealand....

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Khaaaaaan!!

I'm starting to smell BP....

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by alchemist2012

I would like to do that but for 3 weeks nothing on my ATS works - I can't leave links, sources, images or vids.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
According to the article this happened in Florida. I wish people would be upfront with locations and dates.
Anyway, it seems that fish kills such as this are a common occurrence as this also happened last year (according to the article) although it was a different type of fish. Mother nature does have a way of culling populations according to survival of fittest.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
So this actually happened Monday since they complained about trying to sleep with the smell? Regardless something is very amiss. It's like every time I sit at the computer there is another report of dead birds or fish. What is going on?!
If any of you ATS'ers happen across a mass dieing of anything I would recommend getting the heck out of the area immediately. You know what curiosity did to the cat.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Combined thread is what i would recommend if every posts on diffrent threads info will be lost

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

also new zealand now according to rsoe edis they are saying net splitting

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by alchemist2012
Combined thread is what i would recommend if every posts on diffrent threads info will be lost

This is the main thread..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Did you mean for it to get it's own forum? Then yea, but some of these individual threads get enormous and who has the time to go through 40 or more pages.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I live in North Florida, we had a big fish kill in the St. Johns river in the summer of last year,it was blamed on algae then. I have lived here all of my life and have never seen anything like this!! Thanks for posting.

I just wanted to add that Manatees have been dying at a high rate as well...

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
This happened just a 125 miles from the sight that several thousand birds fell from the sky dead. This might be an interesting link.

www.examiner.com...

Approximately 5,000 blackbirds and starlings fell from the sky since New Year’s Eve in Arkansas just days after nearly 90,000 fish washed up dead. You may see photos of both the massive dead birds and fish kill below.

On New Year’s Eve, reports surfaced in Beebe, Arkansas that dead birds were showing up on the ground, on rooftops, and on cars. At this point a cause for the birds’ deaths have not been verified. It appears that the trauma has been limited to two species: Red Winged Black Birds and Starlings. Could this indicate that something other than fireworks or weather is responsible? If the cause was something as widespread as a storm it seems possible that other species would have been affected.

On December 29, 2010, the Arkansas Fish and Game Commission received reports that fish were showing up dead in the Arkansas River. Authorities have now stated that an estimated 90,000 fish including drum fish are dead. Investigations and testing into both events continue.

I know the "Examiner" is not the most reliable news source but they did connect the news issue in a single artical, which not too many media corps have done yet.
edit on 4-1-2011 by mileysubet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Jeez, I just read how they thought the cold weather killed a bunch of fish somewhere else...what's going to be their explanation for this one...the weather was warmer than it should've been? The fish decided to shut off their hearts?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
it was fireworks.

BP has slunk off just a few months away from creating this ripple affect which will not end well and cause cross over contamination which will infect everything.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Well I`ve witnessed back in the late 80`s such a thing going on in Fort Myers Florida. Fish died and such. Manatee`s as well. But not just in one creek.

And it`s warm now but it was cold enough to do this a few days ago. Cold for a couple days down into the mid 20`s during the lows. So I could believe this one could be weather related. Just don`t understand why one creek.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
A Google map of the area that these events happened:

maps.google.com...,+Arkansas&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=57.118084,135.263672&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Beebe,+ White,+Arkansas&ll=34.921971,-92.013245&spn=1.873631,4.22699&t=h&z=9

These two separate events are to geographically centered to have been an accident.

edit on 4-1-2011 by mileysubet because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join