It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Earth Kill Off... WHAT IS HAPPENING?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Nebulous1973

From hitting the ground? I read they didn't appear harmed.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by thegoodearth

Thanks for the heads up on that one.. I missed the Pelicans...

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
For those who are curious, Fenthion has been used in the United States to control mosquitos, especially in the aftermath of initial West Nile Virus outbreaks, and in dog shampoos. While it is primarily an insecticide, it is also highly toxic to birds and sometimes used as an avicide (the "Rid-A-Bird perch"). Even when used as an insecticide, its application can result in bird deaths; the American Bird Conservancy lists several incidents of mass bird killings. Due to concerns over its toxicity to humans, it was withdrawn from the U.S. market in 2004 and the EPA canceled its registration.

dendroica.blogspot.com...

apparently withdrawn in 2004 but i am sure thats enough time to make a new deadly batch of pesticide

edit on 4-1-2011 by 12voltz because: of the umbrella sales increase

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

Hmm that's interesting,
thanks. But we have to assume that the fish are being killed by the same thing as the birds, unless its a massive coincidence...

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by zbeliever
I don't know whats going on but I know I'm scared,,,,

If I were a human, I'd be scared too. Your species is nothing but a bunch of planet trashing eco terrorists and you're all karmically doomed.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
And now 100 tons of dead fish in Brazil

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

Yes i would say coincidence ,i could search for stories about fish kills but it would take up many pages.What i see happening is a media feeding frenzy.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

Not a very good argument considering that u only included birds not all the dead fish and that they were spaced over a period of years not weeks. I'm still not sure whether or not the oil spill hasn't had anything to do with this or not. I dont know how the currents of the earth flow to a science but this is a variable to consider.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
And now florida as well...

www.wftv.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
As somebody said already, mass killings (fishes/birds) already happened several times in the past. News about dolphins and wales getting stranded are fairly common since many years ago. But what is suspicious now is the timing and localization of these events: everything seems happening in America (North and South, there are reports about fish mass killings also in Chile and Brazil) and in just few days. It seems reasonable to think that something is up.
I started to notice world patterns connected to strange events in fall/winter 2003, when black-outs hit many countries on the planet (I'm pretty sure somebody will remember the NY black-out followed by many others in EU and Asia). I believe something similar is happening in these weeks.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Um, I thought birds liked to eat fish.
Case closed.
P.S. Keep an eye on your cat.
edit on 4-1-2011 by Beavis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

wow.. the fact that they seem to be around America only suggests it's not to do with the earth, or some strange natural occurrence, but chemicals or something like that. Although i guess we'll have to wait and see if it spreads to other parts of the world.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Nathabeanz

All you have to do is search for fish kills and you will see that its been happening for a long time,oil could and probably is a factor in many cases,along with algae blooms and temperature variations .All i have been pointing out is that this is hardly a massive earth kill off ,but a common event joined perhaps by coincidence and media hype.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
reply to post by Nathabeanz

All you have to do is search for fish kills and you will see that its been happening for a long time,oil could and probably is a factor in many cases,along with algae blooms and temperature variations .All i have been pointing out is that this is hardly a massive earth kill off ,but a common event joined perhaps by coincidence and media hype.

So this happens every new year? Because over the last 3 days... THREE DAYS All of this has been happening..

Sure fish kills happen naturally... all sorts of things... but what does it mean when it happens ALL AT ONCE.. right along with BIRD KILLS

That is NOT NORMAL

At least not to any of the locals who are witnessing this
edit on 4-1-2011 by HunkaHunka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
For those who are curious, Fenthion has been used in the United States to control mosquitos, especially in the aftermath of initial West Nile Virus outbreaks, and in dog shampoos. While it is primarily an insecticide, it is also highly toxic to birds and sometimes used as an avicide (the "Rid-A-Bird perch"). Even when used as an insecticide, its application can result in bird deaths; the American Bird Conservancy lists several incidents of mass bird killings. Due to concerns over its toxicity to humans, it was withdrawn from the U.S. market in 2004 and the EPA canceled its registration.

dendroica.blogspot.com...

apparently withdrawn in 2004 but i am sure thats enough time to make a new deadly batch of pesticide

edit on 4-1-2011 by 12voltz because: of the umbrella sales increase

Something they both eat you say! How about changing mosquito DNA to prevent dengue fever or malarial outbreaks:

London, Nov 14 (IANS) Scientists have released three million genetically-modified (GM) mosquitoes in the Cayman Islands to fight dengue fever.

Source: www.thaindian.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by heffo7

Interesting, but I'm not sure if fish from the ocean can eat mosquitoes, especially in such massive quantities.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Also parrots fell from the sky, apparently "drunk", in June 2010:

Australian parrots fall from sky

I have a gut feeling that entropy is raising. This feeling started on 9/11/2001 and has never abandoned my soul till now.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
SARNIA, Ont. - Hundreds of dead fish that washed up on shore in the north end of the St. Clair River is a natural occurrence and not the result of a chemical spill, a government officials say.

Ministry of Natural Resources spokesperson Jolanta Kowalski confirmed that both the MNR and environment ministry were alerted to a massive die-off of gizzard shad fish late last week.

link   
Here is an interesting article published yesterday in the Washington Post. It talks about various theories proposed by different "experts" on the cause:
voices.washingtonpost.com...

Posted at 9:30 PM ET, 01/ 3/2011
Loud noise, not weather likely behind bird kill
By Jason Samenow

9:30 p.m. update: The Wall Street Journal (WSJ) is reporting (h/t commenter JerryFloyd) the birds likely died as a result of booming noise, perhaps fireworks, in central Arkansas Friday. The noise may have incited a bird frenzy causing them to fly into houses and trees. The WSJ story states storms weren't in the area when the birds died. On the other hand, the radar shows storms departing the region between 9 and 10 p.m. central time. The birds reportedly started falling from the sky around 11 p.m.

A second theory:

MSNBC reported the following: The director of Cornell University's ornithology lab in Ithaca, N.Y., said the most likely suspect is violent weather. It's probable that thousands of birds were asleep, roosting in a single tree, when a "washing machine-type thunderstorm" sucked them up into the air, disoriented them, and even fatally soaked and chilled them. "Bad weather can occasionally catch flocks off guard, blow them off a roost, and they get hurled up suddenly into this thundercloud," lab director John Fitzpatrick said.

A third theory:

AccuWeather suggested lightning as a possible cause:

"There was lightning in the area between 9:19 and 9:30 p.m. CDT," said AccuWeather.com Information Manager, Henry Margusity. "A couple of strokes had between 380,000 and 540,000 amps."

There are estimates that more than 1,000 birds had fallen before midnight. The birds were found in an area that is 1 mile long and 1/2 of a mile wide. No birds were found outside of this area

Finally:

MSNBC reported Arkansas' top veterinarian, Dr. George Stevens, said preliminary autopsies on 17 of the blackbirds, which ruled out poison, indicate they died of blunt trauma and midair. That suggests something likely startled the birds said MSNBC.

Then, there is this NASA Satellite photo taken of the area, showing a network of chemtrails:
rense.com...

Take your pick.

link   
reply to post by 12voltz

You're still neglecting the fact that these events that have taken place in a time frame that is unprecidented. And i'm still not convinced that this is a "natural" thing going on.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join