It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greece follows U.S. example by building giant border wall to keep out illegal immigrants

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

The "Fence/Wall" that Greece is building on that one main entry point, is necessary in order to reduce the flow of illegals in Greece. Certainly does not solve the problem but will help to reduce it, at some degree.

Peace

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Actually all we need to do is what Mexico does on their southern border with Guatemala which is to station the army down there and force folks back over the border.

They don't horse around with detention centers, hearings - nothing. They march them back over the border with guns.

To the extent that the folks are not from Guatemala but rather El Salvador or some other spot does not matter. They came through Guatemala and they go back to Guatemala and its their problem to figure out what to do with them.

We should be doing the exact same thing.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

Nah...why waste the oxygen in speaking...just give the military authorization to shoot any attempt. Problem solved.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Actually if they were following our lead they would ignore their own constituents, cance the border program half way through, and find ways to grant back door amnesty to the illegals because their rights must be protected at all costs, even over those of the people who are citizens.

Then we can come close to saying they are following our lead. The only thing missing are the lobbyists and the ACLU protecting the "rights" of those who break the law by labeling the laws discriminatory.

.....but I digress...

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded

Nah...why waste the oxygen in speaking...just give the military authorization to shoot any attempt. Problem solved.

Yeah I am in favor of turning the entire US side of the mexican border into a military training and free fire zone. We could always dust off the poncho villa incident where the US retained the right to enter mexico in pursuit of criminals..

just a though.

Mexican immigration policy is 10 times worse than the US, yet I notice MExico likes to bitch about ours. I really wish the Government would tell mexico to eff off and deal with it. A few months ago several mexican govenors came to the US for a meeting with counterparts and what not. During this meeting these people had the gall to bitch that the illegals we were deporting back were causing problems, and they did not have the resources to deal with it. They also complained that the crime rate was going up because of the criminals being returned to mexico.

I really dont know where they get the gall at times...

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Its all smoke and mirrors to give greeks and europeans a hint of "security" from "terrorism" and job-losses to foreign illegals..now the last is a real issue but you don't fight it by building walls on one hand and then refusing to kick-out the illegals already here.

I want illegal out of my country not because I dislike them, to the contrary its incentive for them to force THEIR GOVERNMENT to start giving a damm about things in their country. Also its quite unfair for the locals to have 2 fold competition for jobs. One hand you compete with the locals and then the illegals who work for less because they can't get papers to justify paying social security/disability/welfare/etc. So they screw us twice...first by not contributing to the financial pools and second the wages go wayyyy down. Terribly unfair! Stay home and demand your government cares for you. That is the best choice for everyone, unless you need amnesty for special reasons which I guess is acceptable.

Second thing is the World Trade Summit and the EU are both a capitalist farce, engaging in robbing poor countries of their wealth by (1) forcing privatisation of industry everywhere they go (2)put little companies out of competition by the process of natural selection; big companies get bigger and small perish! Seen this countless times in the past.

If the greek and american government want whats best for their nation, they should (1)put an end to illegal immigration and (2)put tarriffs on all imports and exports which will (a)greatly reduce the need for other forms of taxation and (b)protect the local economy. For greece it was up to the EU to stand tall AGAINST asia but they failed miserably in that regard.

The EU is only good for forcing smoking bans on restaurants&bars and demanding member nations pay billions of euros of interest to the global "elite" bankers in the form of extra-taxation here and there. It was always about the bankers...isn't that why government(s) exists? As an american living in greece I can give you expert analysis on many things which I see and hear constantly...most of the stuff is awful!

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
reply to post by tristar

You keep making these implications because NATO is involved? But are these just assumptions, or do you have solid facts or evidence that would go into further detail about just what it is your suggesting.

Sure, am i able to provide a link, not at this present time since its a topic that i would wait until further news of the border crossings are released.

Since Italy has NATO's main deployment reaction strike team and Greece has its, lets say, rapid response nato base, it is evident and through the Greece's media outlets only yesterday released drone surveillance vids that were and are under the guidance of nato.

Who ever is aware of the Greek immigration issue and the insane amount of illegals coming from the Middle East and Africa, the concern behind closed doors is that many of such illegals are what may be considered as candidates for future strikes within the European Union upon its citizens and Nations.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Since 48hrs have past...

www.frontex.europa.eu...

<< 1   >>

join