It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Victoria river mysteriously turns bright green

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by PatriotsPride

I have seen rivers and lakes turn green, If my memory serves me correctly, and I may be wrong ok, as for a lake this happens when the water turns over. and water does turn over in lakes about once a year. I saw this at Lake Isabella in californias kern county a few times. and as for rivers i was told this happens when the rivers water level get higher, infact here in montana I am watching the missouri river turn green, its called algie surficing itself.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
for the curious before you ask why my profile says texas, my husband is working in montana i visit often

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
ok I know I'll be hanged for this...

But I liked it a lot!!! Sorry to all you "greenies" out there, but I really think its awesome!

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Just a heads up on the river- its back to its original clearness, it was a dye that was put in by prankster but don't be surprised if you see a music video with this on it sometime in the future...I don't condone this behaviour but how do you stop people from doing stuff like this. They see things like giant corporations doing it so they mimic them...

I am glad it was not a toxic chemical.
www.bclocalnews.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by gardCanada

I agree, quite possibly Olafur Eliasson, as mentioned in a comment on the OP's link to the article.

"Eliasson watches spectators [present and media forms] and studies their responses in a search for new ways of surprising them, of heightening their perceptions. When he talks about his Green River project, for example, it is mostly in terms of how the witnesses react. Green River involves dyeing a river green, and so far he has done it four times. In Tokyo, he says, ‘a lot of people stopped and looked… And of course they were stunned. I did it in a spot where the cherry blossom comes out a month later. It’s well known as a beautiful place. Actually the police came and. basically I ran away. And the police then put up posters asking anybody who had seen somebody suspicious to contact them. [He laughs.] I have a photograph of the poster.’

It is, as he puts it, ‘a kind of action’. He doesn’t seek permission (though he makes sure the dye is safe) and he doesn’t give notice; he also picks fairly small sites and it’s all over in two or three hours. ‘If you do it on a big stage the mediation of the project immediately becomes quite sensational. I’ve tried to avoid that spectacular approach.’ The purpose of the project is the response. ‘Los Angeles, Stockholm, Tokyo are places where the relationship between the water and the city is completely different, and the way people experience and refer to the water in their local setting is very different. It has been interesting for me to investigate that relationship.’"

Read more: news.nationalpost.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I wonder if the ministry of environment and the RCMP would check into the notion of the artist Olafur Eliasson. As the video shows, the city of Chicago stopped putting it in the river on St Paddy's day when they found out fluorescence is, after all, harmful. Goldstream River though, is a very sensitive salmon habitat so I am certain the prankster, if found out, will be facing large fines.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by majesticgent

I agree, quite possibly Olafur Eliasson, as mentioned in a comment on the OP's link to the article

Actually the last Green River from Eliasson is dated 2001 (Tokio) while the whole project started in 1998 (Bremen):

Eliasson Green River

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by PatriotsPride

edit on 4-1-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Fluoroscene is the chemical used in your glow in the dark sticks...yes the very same ones you all used during your rave days.

This tomfoolery has also been done right in the heart of chicago a while back...

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
This may seem harmless to most people but to someone like me that is highly allergic to dye, it isnt so funny. No man made chemical is safe....there is always someone that could get very sick or even die from this.....the stupidity in this world always amazes me, and why do they think the fish and wildlife are safe ???
Man this really ticks me off !!!!!

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
That's a way to celebrate the new year by pouring in a fluorescent die to flow down stream ... if I didn't know better I'd say some one's trying to show how much they care and if it can bee seen from space.

Whoever it is they captured my attention, heart and soul.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Since this is a Conspiracy site, what if this were done by terrorists, who wished to see how far chemicals would spread, and how fast, before it were discovered? What better way to see that, than to put a chemical that produces a bright color, into the river? This could possibly be a test run by terrorists.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join