It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And it begins, who will blink first.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
With the opening of the 112th Congress, we will have a reading of the Constitution. Some people have said it was all for show. I would say differently, since there are those that think the Constitution no longer has meaning, I think this is for the good of people like these folk-

Constitution-Are you serious? Pelosi

The Federal government can do anything. Stark

I don't worry about the Constitution says. Hare.

What we have now is the showdown of the decade. Who is going to blink first? This bill has been posted online so that it can be voted on by Friday. The 72 hours that they promised-

112TH CONGRESS
1ST SESSION

H. R. __

To repeal the job-killing health care law and health care-related provisions in the Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act of 2010.

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
Mr. CANTOR (for himself and [see ATTACHED LIST of cosponsors]) introduced the following bill; which was referred to the Committee on

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.
This Act may be cited as the ‘‘Repealing the Job-Killing Health Care Law Act’’.

SEC. 2. REPEAL OF THE JOB-KILLING HEALTH CARE LAWAND HEALTH CARE-RELATED PROVISIONS IN THE HEALTH CARE AND EDUCATION RECONCILIATION ACT OF 2010.
(a) JOB-KILLING HEALTH CARE LAW. — Effective as of the enactment of Public Law 111–148, such Act is repealed, and the provisions of law amended or repealed by such Act are restored or revived as if such Act had not been enacted.

(b) HEALTH CARE-RELATED PROVISIONS IN THE HEALTH CARE AND EDUCATION RECONCILIATION ACT OF 2010. — Effective as of the enactment of the Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act of 2010 (Public Law 111–152), title I and subtitle B of title II of such Act are repealed, and the provisions of law amended or repealed by such title or subtitle, respectively, are restored or revived as if such title and subtitle had not been enacted.

Here is the PDF-Bill to repeal ObamaCare

Now some are going to say that this of course will not pass. But of course not, the Dems and Obama will shoot it down, but it does one thing that I believe is brilliant. It makes them OWN it. In the election NOT ONE OF THEM bragged about passing it. That was because it was passed without the approval of the people. It was also passed with the main component being unConstitutional.

Here is the next part. Republican Congressman: Ban Funding of Obamacare in Every Appropriations Bill This Year

(CNSNews.com) - Rep. Steve King (R.-Iowa) says that House Republicans should include language that prohibits any funding for implementation of Obamacare in literally every appropriations bill that passes the House of Representatives this year, thus forcing a showdown on the issue with the Democratic majority Senate and President Barack Obama.

“Somebody’s going to blink,” King told CNSNews.com. “It’ll be President Obama or it’ll be House Republicans.

“If House Republicans refuse to blink, we will succeed,” said King in videotaped interview. “ObamaCare will never become the effective law of the land and we’ll be able to leave a legacy of liberty for the future generations.”

So, who do you think will blink first? With Issa going after the corruption and criminal acts of the current administrations and the other bribery cases in the congress (think cornhusker kickback and the louisiana purchase), I think I know who is going to be running for the hills.

One thing I would like to add, someone here awhile back called for a couple things to be done in regards to bills being introduced. That the bill must have the Constitutional authority that it derives it's power from. The author must have been prescient.
edit on 4-1-2011 by saltheart foamfollower because: change be to being, a little gramar fix

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

I applaud the good-faith intentions of all the new politicians, but I have to remain only cautiously optomistic.

Remember that Eddie Murphy movie The Distinguished Gentleman? Sure, light hearted comedy but I believe it had a very real underlying meaning. He had the good intentions but quickly learned that a change in one area changes too many things in other areas. Everything is interconnected.

It's like the Machine is too big, has picked up too much momentum, and is out of control.

I think we just need to hit bottom and start over.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by capod2t

Well, everything coming out of the media so far is that if we do not lift the debt ceiling, we will have chaos and economic ruin.

Hmmmm, I do not think so. I think what will happen is that the government is going to have to make a decision. They are to begin cutting the monstrosity they have created (just think over the last couple years they have added about 1 million people to the federal workforce in things like the DHS, TSA, NIA, etc etc etc) in the federal government or they are going to have to cut the medicare, SS or military.

I say across the board cuts. Cut half the military expenditures to foreign bases, pull back, and an across the board cuts in all agencies of the federal government.

I want the federal government to be in absolute lock up. They will have to make a decision, keep their power and steal everyone's funds, or begin a systematic pull back to the Constitutional restraints on the fed.

They really have only one choice, the other will get something that is inevitable. One way or the other the federal government will scale back or their will be consequences. IMO.

Slightly optimistic at this point.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I always assumed that a reading of the Constitution was something they always did to start off a new session of Congress. If my assumption is wrong, then this is a good idea. It serves as a friendly (or not so friendly) reminder to the newbies and, more importantly, to the old dogs.

On a side note, it would be great to see them read it aloud while wearing colonial wigs and frock coats.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

You know, that is one thing in history I never understood.

Maybe we could get someone to explain to me what the hell was the reason for the powdered wigs.

I know I have seen they still dress up like that in Britain. Over here our judges still wear robes.

It was always something that perplexed me. Oh well.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Be that it may I'm an optimist, i hope that these are the positive scenes to come. Cautiously I watch, but its nice to see that the Repubs are standing up and attempting to repeal Obama care. Forced healthcare equals unconstitutional.
edit on 4-1-2011 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

www.aftershockeconomy.com...

According to some of the reports I've read, we can't even afford to pay the interest on our debt, and haven't even made a payment. I found the book relating to the above link a good read, albeit frightening. The authors, via a previous title, successfully predicted the first bubble crash. I took heed to some of their recommendations and am no longer in the market other than my retirement (no alternative options).

In the meantime, I sleep in the belly of the giant - fed employee.

Taking a risk of not being familiar with your thoughts on 2012, Maya, Revelation, etc, maybe these are all signs of the times: eco-superpower US in trouble, wars, earthquakes, dead birds - perhaps this all comes to a head soon?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

What we have now is the showdown of the decade. Who is going to blink first? This bill has been posted online so that it can be voted on by Friday. The 72 hours that they promised

According to GOP Leader Government official website

The Floor Debate begins this Friday

The Final Vote scheduled for the following week, Wednesday 12 January 2011

Washington (Jan 3)
Majority Leader-elect Eric Cantor’s (R-VA) office has announced that Republicans – in keeping their Pledge to America – will take the first steps toward repealing President Obama’s job-killing health care law later this week. According to Roll Call, “Floor debate on repeal will begin Friday, with a final vote scheduled for Jan. 12.”

edit on 4-1-2011 by Ellen15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by capod2t

Well, if the payments were not made, the economy would instantly collapse.

The debt is pretty much bonds and notes sold by the treasury or the fed, I always get confused on their criminal way of selling and buying the bonds.

No, we have not reneged on any payments. If that happened the dollar and the US would collapse instantly.

As for the conspiracies you mention, if it happens it happens. I never really get into any catastrophic conspiracies. They serve no purpose. Only ones that can be fought against are what I worry or work on.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Ellen15

Thanks for the additional info, reading now.

Some info from your link-

* Kills jobs through its many tax hikes and mandates: According to the Heritage Foundation, ObamaCare’s tax hikes “will cost taxpayers $503 billion between 2010 and 2019.” And the National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB) says that the law’s mandates could destroy as many as 1.6 million jobs over the next few years – 66 percent of them from small businesses.

* Makes health care more expensive: Analysis by the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office (CBO) found that premiums on individual health care policies would rise by 10 to 13 percent more under ObamaCare than they would have otherwise. And overall spending on health care will increase by more than $310 billion according to Medicare’s chief actuary.

* Kicks millions of Americans out of health care coverage they like: Despite the president’s claim that “If you like your health care plan, you can keep your health care plan,” Republicans on the House Ways & Means Committee found that by 2013 “87 million Americans (1 out of 2 Americans with employer coverage) will no longer be able to retain the health plan they have and like.”

Thanks again for the link, going into politician bookmark folder.
edit on 4-1-2011 by saltheart foamfollower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Came across an article on another power grab by the Obama Admin.

Looks like the feds are going on another land grab.

Link-
Wilderness Policy Sparks Western Ire

An Obama administration directive designed to preserve more public lands as wilderness is stirring anger in the West, where ranchers, sportsmen and energy companies say they could lose access to acreage they count on for their recreation and livelihood.

The regulatory change, initiated this month, directs the Bureau of Land Management to survey its vast holdings stretching between Alaska, Arizona, California and Colorado, in search of unspoiled back country. The agency can then designate these tracts—potentially millions of acres—as "wild lands."

Protections will vary from site to site, but in general such lands will be shielded from activities that disrupt habitat or destroy the solitude of the wild, according to the Interior Department. That might mean banning oil drilling, uranium mining or cattle grazing in some areas. It also could mean restrictions on recreational activities, such as snowmobiling or biking.

So, I guess the Federal Government believes the country belongs to them and not the people.

One word-

Defund!

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Look who blinked first!

At least one Dem likely to vote for repeal!

At least one Democrat who voted against the healthcare reform law will likely vote for repeal next week, according to a report.

Rep. Dan Boren (D-Okla.), one of 34 House Democrats who voted against the reform law, told Fox News he would likely vote for repeal.

“I have not read the language yet, but I am inclined to support the repeal,” Boren told Fox on Monday.

After months of promising a repeal vote, Republicans unveiled a two-page bill Monday night to undo the entire reform law. A procedural vote will take place Friday, and a full vote to repeal the bill will be held Jan. 12.

Incoming Energy and Commerce Committee Chairman Fred Upton (R-Mich.) predicted last weekend that a "significant number of Democrats" would vote for the repeal measure.

There are rumors that Pelosi was heard talking about placing a horse's head somewhere-Horse head

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
It's kind of sad that people still see two parties fighting against each other and think that one of the sides is actually working for them. Please open your eye's and realize your republican gods are just as evil and wish you no good.

People mock the "sheep" for watching American idol but this partisan show is the exact same thing just being marketed to a different demographic.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

Sorry, there are four parties now in the US.

Progressive Democrats, Democrats, Progressive Republicans and Republicans.

If you really believe it is all over, why do you even address the issue?

You trying to save us from ourselves. Yes, there are people in both parties that want absolute power over everything in the US. Then there are those fighting them.

Until a few years ago, I backed a Democrat here in my Republic. Once he was bought off, I no longer backed him. He is no longer in government. Seems something is changing. You can attempt to help the change or not.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I expect what we will see is alot of deal making with Dems as people expect the Reps to do something other than sit in the corner and complain. In the end they are pretty much the same anyway. It will be interesting to see how they deal with the Tea Party. The needed them for this election because pretty much nobody else bothered to vote but, in the next one they will need to pull the center and independents who think the Tea Party are nutters. They will have to cut them off without driving them into their own party.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower
reply to post by whoshotJR

Sorry, there are four parties now in the US.

Progressive Democrats, Democrats, Progressive Republicans and Republicans.

If you really believe it is all over, why do you even address the issue?

You trying to save us from ourselves. Yes, there are people in both parties that want absolute power over everything in the US. Then there are those fighting them.

Until a few years ago, I backed a Democrat here in my Republic. Once he was bought off, I no longer backed him. He is no longer in government. Seems something is changing. You can attempt to help the change or not.

And this is the problem.

Why does it need to be broken down into sections? Why can't a person just be there to represent what its constituents want? By having a name associated with different party types you are causing the problem.

The whole system is a mess because everything must be stereotyped and categorized.

new topics

top topics

join