It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loud boom reported in Los Angeles & news? report

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Two years ago I was at a party near downtown Houston when myself and several others heard loud booms that seemed to be pretty close. Neighbors all around the neighborhood we were in came out of their houses (this was around 9 pm) and nobody knew what the sound was. Within minutes there were police cars patrolling very slowly obviously looking for the source of the sound and when we approached one cruiser the officer told us as much. The booms were several seconds apart if memory serves, lasted about 1 second, and were heard for about twenty minutes. I never have seen any report of the incident nor heard of any explanation.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Balloons are so often at the heart of many separate but equally mysterious events that I have begun to wonder what they may be up to exactly. Perhaps it is time for a balloon forum. They seem so harmless on the surface which may often be the method of operation for these things, hiding in plain sight seemingly in this case just a big gas bag, just to be discounted and overlooked. You know It hasn't worked on me balloons, I'm watching, I'm ready with a nice sharp needle just make your move.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
When my first daughter was born ['92] I was woken up at about 3am by a huge explosion over my back garden. It was so loud dogs barked and the windows shook.

I ran to the garden and almost bumped into my downstairs neighbour of the time and the next door neighbour both out there with flashlights.

Then other neighbours came out and the firebrigade arrived. Everyone said the same thing... the 'boom' came from above my garden. Even the bus station up the road that had night workers there heard it and were the ones that sent the firebrigade as they were sure it was a gas explosion.

Nothing was damaged... nothing had exploded... nothing was ever found out about it.

That was in Essex. UK

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Smokinmirrors
I hope it has nothing to do with the birds and fish dying! Some weird stuff happening lately! I will be tuned in here alot!

Noises, fireworks apparently caused Ark. birds to fly into buildings and die

I don't buy the fireworks explanation at all, but it's interesting Beebe residents reported similar sounds....

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
March Air Force Base is always doing wierd things (that right over in perris/riverside), i was just down in the Inland Empire on the night of the geminid meteor shower. there was a HUGE miltary presence in the sky, stealth bombers were flying in battle formation all over the place and seemed to be"chasing after the meteors"? i was up in the mountains outside of Perris, CA, March Air Force Base was visible from the high elevation i was at, they were sending up one plane after another. i noticed each of the planes seemed to loop west over to the coast (and LA) then they proceeded south towards orange county, back east into the desert, north towards San Jacinto, and then west agin back to Nuevo.

i figure the military is about to do something "big" in the area.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Smokinmirrors
I hope it has nothing to do with the birds and fish dying! Some weird stuff happening lately! I will be tuned in here alot!

The latest reports indicate that the birds in Kentucky died from an "impact" of some sort. They had "trauma" and "internal bleeding." 5000 birds ran into something and fell from the sky?!?!? There was no evidence of any disease or poison.

So, sonic booms all around the world unexplained. Birds running into things hard enough to kill them. Reports of major UFO sightings over many major cities for the past 6 weeks or so.

I wonder what could be to blame?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Now those Transformers being blown I find interesting. A dozen would make one Giant bang if they went off at the same time. And would take out some power to certain areas. So if Mylar balloons actually got into those High Tension power lines could it cause a electric surge? Depending on the balloons I suppose it could do something.

Just find it strange a dozen transformers are blown at the same time frame here.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
A couple of years ago here in christchurch new zealand there was also a very loud boom. I was working in a panelshop and over all the noise there was a loud boom from the air. Everyone ran outside to see what it was. On the news that night they said it was a metorite burning up in the atmosphere and was herd for hundreds of miles. Might be the same.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by IamAbeliever
Mylar balloons...I love it. Probably the same ones that they found in Roswell."

Hahaha.....great line, my sentiments exactly

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

I'm going to driver over to where this alleged balloon incident took place and look around... I should probably buy a camera & take pics.

Interesting times..

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by aarys

And look at the Big Quake you guys recently had - aftershocks still going on. I think these Booms are coming from under the earth as all the stresses of the plates moving and breathing until something has to give. Being in NZ too, I've heard many strange noises when we've had tremors. Call me crazy but I can't help but think that the earths crust is like a giant pair of lungs taking a deep breath.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I would have to agree that this is probably do to seismic activity and I am not sure that the bird/fish kill in Arkansas isn't related as well. i mean there are more then a few documented occurrences of gas releases from such seismic tremors to kill the fish and the birds could have been frightened by some of the booms mentioned it just might have been something more then fireworks. There is a lot of seismic activity as of late and I am not sure we aren't moving towards a major geological event.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I went to the 6200 blk of Riverton and took a few pics.. if something exploded on that block that was heard 9 miles away.. I didn't find it. All the transformers were intact.. some dude said he lives on the block approached and asked me what I was doing.. he heard the "boom" but didn't see any crews attending to blown transformers.. fwiw

The camera is borrowed and the memory card wont fit in my PC.. when the girl gets home I'll upload them for your conspiracy enjoyment.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

Hello Neighbor,

Just over the hill...close to El Segundo/ LAAFB. Attaching an old white paper on space weather. We get "booms" from microwave hits when "VIPs" land at the air force base. But it does not blow transformers usually. Peoples key remotes don't work and that sort of thing...but nothing like what you are describing. What about JPL? Maybe they were testing something?

I think you all got hit with a whole lot of microwave. Cannot rule out space weather and the pilots did not call "UFO's"...or did they. We get a lot of them in California as you probably know. There is very little between you and Edwards AFB, it could have been them. I do not think it is LAAFB, we had no outtages and the boom was such that we just thought it was normal. Best of luck, if I find anything else out I will pass it on.

www.eissummit.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by WJjeeper

Excellent points made here...I would look into these ideas as well. I will see what I can find out as well.

Further, WJjeeper is right, low altitude Stealth maneuvers are crazy. Way back in the day, at Edwards, when the fighter was first being tested, people had radiation burns from the campgrounds nearby. Needless to say they moved the perimeters out considerably since then.
edit on 4-1-2011 by angelwrangler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
When Tesla's experiments utilized undamped waves (no streamers emitting from the copper sphere), horses at the livery stable suddenly bolted and kicked free of their stalls. Even the insects felt the effects of the electrical barrage. Butterflies became electrified and helplessly swirled in circles -their wings spouting blue halos of "St. Elmo's Fire." One graphic account of a Tesla experiment tells of an incident which brought about the destruction of the main generator at the Colorado Springs Electric Company powerhouse.
home.earthlink.net...

Sound familiar to you? transformers exploding and animals behaving strangely? It has to be electromagnetic radiation but the question is was it man made e.g. HAARP or space based?

Some are saying that the bang was a sonic boom and this sound wave killed the birds, they are saying this because the reported bang and the fact that scientists say the birds died in mid-air from "physical trauma".

A sonic boom powerful enough to kill birds would have blown out glass windows all over the place so we can discount that theory. The only thing that could cause physical trauma to the birds and blow out transformers at the same time would be a gravitational pulse with an electromagnetic component. High altitude detonation of a gravity pulse weapon?

Would be interesting to know if any of the gravity wave detectors around the world such as AIGO detected a pulse around the time of the reported boom sound

www.aigo.org.au...
edit on 4-1-2011 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom28804
I would have to agree that this is probably do to seismic activity and I am not sure that the bird/fish kill in Arkansas isn't related as well. i mean there are more then a few documented occurrences of gas releases from such seismic tremors to kill the fish and the birds could have been frightened by some of the booms mentioned it just might have been something more then fireworks. There is a lot of seismic activity as of late and I am not sure we aren't moving towards a major geological event.

Lots of unexplained and "first-time" seismic activity in my area - not related to the New Madrid fault - especially in Guy, AR, just 45 miles away from the bird kill. I do not believe the fireworks explanation at all (reasons here: Birds and Fishes and Earthquakes, Oh My! ).

Regarding the fish, I was wondering about toxins being released from the ground into the river as well - perhaps it was was "heavy' enough that it stayed near the bottom, explaining why fish at mid- and upper levels weren't affected - or maybe some type of wave (as in sonic, not water).

I don't know much (any) of the science involved here, though, to know if any of that is even feasible. That still doesn't explain birds and sonic boom sounds...

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Well birds having trauma and internal bleeding during fligth ,probably they hit something invisible that was huge enormous maybe some kind of cloak for a huge object. Is it anybody this crazy??or just me.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by rocha123

It's not just you. Birds can get caught in the gulf stream and freeze or in microwave meant to distort secure frequencies and even geothermal changes as a result of solar flares, although the latter is a bit of a reach. Cloaking occurs around Stealth aircraft but its not like the Klingons or anything, it's very minimal.

So, the thing about everyone going on alert here with the birds and fish, is that we are in a sensitive time what with global warming and all, so when these events happen (and they have always happened) we just have to make sure it is natural and not man made.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
quite a few years ago I was playing golf in Wilmington NC and I heard a very loud explosion. It was less than a block away. the ground and the trees shook. Lots of police and rescue. Later that day, no news. Like it never happened. Quite a while later I found an article about a guy being convicted for building a bomb that exploded in his house there on that day. I think it was some Homeland security thing that it was silenced. Hard to believe you could hide a house being blown up, but it was done. I tend to pay close attention to lots of unrelated things happening all at once. Birds, fish, booms, something is a bit amiss. As long as we have diligent posters like the OP here at least a small portion of the US and the world will know.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join