It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loud boom reported in Los Angeles & news? report

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
A crazy loud explosion sound literally "boomed" throughout the San Fernando valley / Los Angeles area.. it was loudest in the Valley from what I could tell.. Some friends and I heard it.. sounded like an explosion, similar thud to the result of 155 Howitzer.

I have a police scanner, Pro-106 for you geeks.. LAPD North Hollywood and Van Nuys.. along with Burbank PD and Burbank Airport PD all reported calls of "shots" or "explosion" heard. Reports came in from as far as Mulholland & Coldwater to Burbank Airport tower.. I did a Google map of Mulholland Drive at coldwater canyon , Los Angeles, CA to 2627 Hollywood Way, Burbank, CA 91505 (Burbank Airport), its 10.1 miles / 21 min drive.

I also dialed in LAFD and Dept Water & Power (DWP).. although both had reports of blown transformers at about a dozen locations, neither found anything as of 1:50am pst.

LAPD eventually found nothing as well, but it took awhile. We stopped counting LAPD North Hollywood division reports of shots / explosion at 15.. LAPD dispatch bundled them all up as one incident, assigned to the same unit. So we listened for 2 hours as one car drove from one report to another periodically reporting over the air "UTL".. unable to locate.

At some point LAPD air unit came up on NoHo advising Burbank tower had reports from several planes re: "sounds of an explosion"

Then I read this story which stated "According to the Los Angeles Fire Department, some Mylar balloons became entangled in some power lines in the 6200 block of Riverton Avenue. The balloons caused a flash and a loud boom heard across a wide stretch of North Hollywood, according to LAFD Captain Tom Sammartano."

This sounds wrong, I was, and am, all over LAFD & PD frequencies... we're hearing LAPD/FD talk all about it right now (well 3 min ago) and they're still asking each-other what happened.

Anyway.. I'm curious how this might relate to others reporting similar odd noises.. and saw the article.. which sounds like an early report that got, uh.. "reported".

Here's a link:
losangeles.cbslocal.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I hope it has nothing to do with the birds and fish dying! Some weird stuff happening lately! I will be tuned in here alot!

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

Well at least everything's ok if only the sound has been reported. I have never had that happen before, although a few nights before new year I heard some loud bangs in the neighborhood, I think someone was testing out fireworks, even though they're illegal here in Australia. I like listening to police radio every now and then, it's nice there's a live stream on the net for the area I live in. I think the web one is available for NY too.

Thanks for reporting, very interesting indeed, please keep us updated if theres more strange noises
, or something interesting on the radio.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Could it possibly have been a sonic boom from a meteorite or the like entering the atmosphere?
A plane perhaps?

Any air force bases in range that do tests?

could be a number of possible things that caused the noise..

Just running some ideas past you..

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
If ya see Rainbow-colored Clouds,get prepared

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I was actually watching the news at 9pm, and when the weather girl came out, the screen in the back was a shot of the Hollywood Hills overlooking the downtown skyline, and I noticed something bizarre in the sky, like a pulsating craft, and I've seen the news a many a times, and I can always tell if it's a plane on the screen, but this thing was weird. I don't know if anyone here watches KCAL 9, but it was definitely weird...maybe this somehow correlates to the sonic boom you heard? =\ Seriously doubt it though

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
By the way, what I saw was last night, the 3rd, so I'm pretty sure it wasn't related :p

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I just watched a video of the weather forecast on CBS website. Looked like it was an airplane. They still have the video up if you want to watch it again.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

Keep an eye out for birds falling from the sky

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Just saw this up on my yahoo page. I was like, "Ooookkkk.... seriously... mylar balloons!?" What a load, I seriously doubt mylar balloons exploding on some power lines would create that loud of a boom sound. The fact that it was heard across cities makes it even more ridiculous to believe.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shenon
If ya see Rainbow-colored Clouds,get prepared

What will Rainbow-colored clouds mean??

I ask because I live in Ireland and about six months ago i was driving home from work on a scorcher of a day and noticed, in the; a strangely shaped cloud... Almost an incomplete circle shape. At first it had a multi-colored section that just got dimmer as time went on. Freaked me out a bit...

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TuXXXeR

Those things showed up a lot lately just before a Major Quake. Some think its related to the HAARP. Not sure myself,but with the #s thats going on lately,anything is possible.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Sounds like bird culling program is back in full swing.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shenon
reply to post by TuXXXeR

Those things showed up a lot lately just before a Major Quake. Some think its related to the HAARP. Not sure myself,but with the #s thats going on lately,anything is possible.

was thinking the same thing, minus the HAARP reference and more along the lines of historical record of loud booms prior to tremors...

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

Mylar balloons??? Phhhht! That must've been some big balloons!!!

It amazes me how stupid they think people are.

Honestly, I'd be getting prepared for a quake, myself. Hopefully the boom had nothing to do with that, but it was the first thing that popped into my head, while I was reading your OP.

But honestly... mylar balloons? wtf?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Sounds like the US are experiencing some 'tests' at the moment.

Weird bangs that are mylar balloons??

Blackbirds falling out of the sky??

I wonder if the blackbird thing was them testing something they have worked on in the past, designing a poison / gas that targets a species leaving others untouched. Maybe this was also a test of how tight to an area they can keep it.

Some strange old things happening in the US, even here in the UK we have just has a 3.6 point earthquake in the North of England. The UK isn't known (well wasn't until lately) for earthquakes.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Mylar balloons...I love it. Probably the same ones that they found in Roswell. Anyhow, I have to agree with some of the posts here. Loud bangs like the one you describe could very well be a precursor to an earthquake. There is some weird stuff going on in this country right now. I am usually not one to get myself all worried about stuff, but let me use a line from the movie Platoon. "Bob, I got a bad feeling about this one."

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I was up this morning about 3:30 and I live just north of Pasadena. I was up to watch Venus rise and Sirius set and I want to say about 4:15 I heard a very loud bang. In my neighborhood we don't have trash trucks working that early or loudly so it did make me go hmmmm. I also observed several moving objects in the sky that were not airplanes. I watched them through a pair of Nikon 12 x 50 binoculars that I can catch the running lights of jets from 10 miles away with with no problem, and they had none.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Get to an interior room of your house, close all your curtains.

If you see a very intense blue light, DO NOT look at it....

Probably just the big one coming. I knew I should have bought that Yuma, AZ. property. It may be beach front
property soon.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
In the interview I heard last night on NPR, with the state veterinarian who is doing autopsies on the birds that fell out of the sky, he says their eyewitness heard several loud booms, like a cannon and then heard wings flapping and flying into things. Transcript of the interview is here: www.npr.org...

He said it could have been fireworks that made the loud boom, but didn't sound like he was sure about it.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join