It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People deserve to live a better life, don't they?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Hello everyone. With the new year rolling in I feel like all this time that we have been hurting by the rising costs of nearly everthing should have been handled differently from when it started up until now. Some here will claim that better times are ahead of us but are they really coming anytime soon? At the this rate the only time when people wake up will be when they are sleeping outside of a cold sidewalk from forclosures.

How did we let ourselves get into this position? What could have been the primary reason for everything going to crap and more poor flood your streets? These people wake up everyday and wonder how will I be able to support my family or how will we be treated when we become old and comatose from fatty foods.

I don't know if anyone here truly knows how to be free in life. When I say free I mean never to have a worry about your own government screwing you over and actually supporting is citizens. Also to live life as nature intended and not destroy our own world.

I guess what im trying to say is if our governments don't let us live a sustainable life then why does it take so long to fix the problem. If they can't do it then hire someone with actual solutions!

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stop-loss!
How did we let ourselves get into this position?

As long as people willingly borrow money and keep their surplus funds in banks, nothing will change for them.

The banks are THE public enemy number one.

I've never liked fatcats. Feline or inhumane.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

I don't see any reason to say that our government doesn't allow its citizens to live a sustainable life. There are plenty of people living that way. I'm sure there would be more sustainable communities if people really wanted to live that way. Don't get me wrong, I don't like what is happening within our government but I also believe people should take some responsibility for their own situations.

I think what is stopping people from buying up some property, raising livestock, and growing their own food is that most people are too far in debt to purchase property. Now we could debate the reasons why people are in debt, but it's not all due to the government.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by taccj9903
reply to post by Stop-loss!

I don't see any reason to say that our government doesn't allow its citizens to live a sustainable life.

When you think about it, there are taxes. A method of taking one's money through the taxation of multiple possesions. How did people coup with taxes centuries ago, did they even have tax back then that was legal? All I am asking is to bring the prices back to what they were a decade ago for everything. At least people were gettting by back then but now...

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stop-loss!

I guess what im trying to say is if our governments don't let us live a sustainable life

A bigger problem from what I've seen in my life is that people generally don't know how to live in a sustainable way.
People need to take more responsibility for their own predicament.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
In a way you are right. I have also seen some wastefull spending done by my fellow co-workers in the past. Like buying a new car when they come back from deployments and get multiple drinks for everyone at the bar. However had they not been sent overseas for war to begin with, they never would of had the chance to splurg like never before!
edit on 4-1-2011 by Stop-loss! because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Fair point, to which I would argue they volunteered and wasn't drafted.

However ultimately a concession does have to be made and while people should fundamentally know better about their spending habits especially.
The Governments do purposefully make it difficult for you to keep in control.

top topics

join