It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama considers JP Morgan Executive

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Obama considers JP Morgan Executive

www.boston.c om

President Obama is considering naming William Daley, aJPMorgan Chase & Co. executive and former US Commerce secretary, to a high-level White House post, possibly as his chief of staff, people familiar with the matter said.

Such a move, which is still under discussion and which White House officials wouldn’t confirm, would bring a Washington veteran — and someone with strong business ties — into the administration ...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Well the guy was a commerce secretary before...

Though I'm not sure of the guys record, i wonder if this move will bode well or ill....

Either way it continues to reek of the blending between big business and government.

Then again, Who should take a key financial post? Academic economists?

What are your thoughts ATS ? Is this good, bad, or indifferent?

EDIT: as StormDancer pointed out, this Daley is The younger brother of the Mayor of Chicago

www.boston.c om
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 4-1-2011 by HunkaHunka because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-1-2011 by HunkaHunka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
INFO
The younger brother of Chicago Mayor Richard M. Daley
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Either way it continues to reek of the blending between big business and government.

I think you nailed it right their HH...

that and the revolving Chicago connection.. Raum (Chicago) out Daley (Chicago Mayor's Brother) in...

if he is to replace the Chief of Staff position...

I am actually hoping that 2011 is the end of the left/right paradigm... I mean seriously, can either side be happy with their representative government?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
They are being transparent,

BOY are they being transparent,

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Oh, Lord save us! As if the Wall St. & Govt's incestuous affair weren't obvious enough - well now they're just rubbing it in our faces! I hate to say this, but this is one of those times I realize that Alex Jones is right.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Thank you!

I've added this to th OP

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

You do have to wonder how many of these "ex bankers" are really ex bankers.
Or are they still on the Bank's payroll, pushing the Bank's agenda.??

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Here yet again we have the same old same old, executives owning the white house with out one lawyer even taking head of article one chapter 8 of the constitution. the U.S has become a bunch of whores that have sold out there children to spite their name. Hunka you have just let us know that we have a potus that supposedly was an established law professor that taught from the highest college and has yet once again sold us down the river with less than a blink of an eye! sad day indeed to be a practioner of constitution law!

Mark my words there shall be a day of reckoning, no doubt in my mind, wance the goyem get pissed enough i hope tptb have it all under control, as i pull a 90/1 rating that them and their powers will be frivilous like a fly in the wind with the # that will indue upon them! keep speaking the double talk, times are getting short!

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Yep... It is a concern. Problem is, who would be qualified to have this job other than someone who's worked in it.

It's a quandary

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
This from an administration who appoints a top Fannie Mae lobbyist and consultant of Goldman Sachs and Citigroup for National Security Advisor.
No surprise here.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Thank you!

I've added this to th OP

you are welcome, hunka, this is fascinating to watch, isn't it?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Obama is nothing if not ruthless

I wondered yesterday whether Robert Gibbs jumped or was pushed and noted that President Barack Obama’s words indicated that it was “not an entirely voluntary departure”.

It’s being reported by John King on CNN right now that Gibbs wanted to be a presidential counsellor – something he’s been putting about for quite a while – but William Daley, the new chief of staff, nixed this because he believed that too many cooks would spoil the presidential broth. So that’s why Gibbs is out.

Additionally, King reports that Valerie Jarrett, whose sole qualification to being a senior counsellor seems to be that she’s a long-time Chicago buddy of Barack and Michelle Obama, will have her wings clipped. Daley, not Jarrett, will be the person speaking to the business community.
blogs.telegraph.co.uk...
It’s no secret that Rahm Emanuel, a Daley protege, clashed with Jarrett. Or that David Plouffe, about to join the White House, was often at odds with her when he was the 2008 Obama campaign manager. Obama is nothing if not ruthless. He dropped Jane Dystel, the agent who approached him to write “Dreams from my Father”, and has previously cut loose long-time advisers. One aide described him as “the most unsentimental man I’ve ever met”.

So the next question is: with Gibbs and David Axelrod gone, how much longer will Valerie Jarrett last?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Occurs he will, or people in this nation is so naive that they have forgotten who really runs the nation?

Wake up call !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

This is a very good point you bring up.

I too have noticed all of the changes going on at such a coincidental time.

I also think that with the new Republican congress, it might make sense to have a different voice to the press.

Very interesting political times going on...

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Who do you think is backing Obama and who is making these decisions, ?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Wait . . . A JP Morgan banker, who is the son of Chicago Mayor in line for a top seat in the White House?

Why am I not surprised?

Obama is scratching two backs at once with this one.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I've been talking about this for a while over in the Breaking Political News Forum. This guy is bad news, and epitomizes just how much our politics have become own by the Bankster elitists, who don't give two-turds about the average tax-paying citizen, other than what else they can rob them of.

And Obama has STACKED his cabinet from day one with these goons.

More "change" you can believe in.

The United States of Banksterica.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
What they need to appoint is a few of those housewives who constantly struggle (and succeed) to balance their income and spending, all on a pittance of a wage.

That would soon get the USA's accounts balanced.

Screw all this 'Job For The Boys', and 'Old Boys Club' business ... In case they havebn't noticed, Bankers, Moneymen, and Economists haven't exactly done a brilliant job lately... unless you count them lining their own pockets.

Get some real ordinary people in there...

new topics

top topics

join