It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Sarah Palin be right about Michelle Obama?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
First off, hee is the source of the question
Christian science monitor source

Now, I personally find the whole argument stupid.
Yes, Sarah Palin is clearly running to be the first lady of the united states (she is clearly confused who she is supposed to be opposing, I guess she wants to take Michelle's spot verses Barack's)..but, why is this even having airtime? Why does the media demand we care?

Anyhow, a snippit of this stupid article:

Now if Michelle Obama were just a Chicago-based community activist who was organizing a nation-wide propaganda campaign to urge people to eat healthily I would have no objection.

Although Ms. Obama does not hold any official office she is a spokesperson for the White House and her husband, the president. Nothing she does or says happens without political vetting, approval, strategizing and so forth. In this sense she is an arm of the executive branch.

I do not believe it is the job of the federal government to teach us anything. It is simply part of the apparatus of compulsion and coercion whose job it is, at most, to main the basics of social order. When we allow it to become our Teacher we are elevating it to a role for which it has no comparative moral authority. Why should itsvalues be authoritative? Why not my values? Why not your values?

So, I guess the point is, the fattest nation on earth now has to feel angry that the government called a spade a spade and suggested we might want to drop the cheese puffs.

What does the far right stand for now anyhow?

Incidently, former first ladies always tried to take on softball issues...be it drugs, poverty, etc. Rarely do people wanting to become a president try to take on the first lady's softball causes.

My opinion:
You know what...Michelle is right...put the tub of chocolate covered ice cream down and get walking you fat $#@tards. Sarah...you seen your daughter lately? ya..put down the smores.
edit on 3-1-2011 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

+21 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Sarah Palin must've been dropped on her head as a baby multiple times. I can't believe millions of people take her seriously. Really? She never makes any goddamn sense. Michelle hasn't done anything different from previous first ladies. They all act like spoiled rich ladies because that's what they are.
I have no problem with Palin's policies but she is as dumb as a rock. She's just like the rest of America! Perfect fit for president.
Did she completely forget that the government is in charge of our public schools? The government has been teaching us for almost a hundred years.

edit on 3-1-2011 by Ghost374 because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
My opinion:
You know what...Michelle is right...put the tub of chocolate covered ice cream down and get walking you fat $#@tards. Sarah...you seen your daughter lately? ya..put down the smores.

My opinion? This thread needs to be in the Political Madness forum.

My other opinion? Palin is right on this issue. It is not the role of government "to teach us anything".

Please don't force me to agree with Palin again...

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

The truth of the matter is the government does teach us. The government has been in charge of the public schools for almost 100 years. That's the main problem with conservatives, they always leave out important facts that conflict with their version of reality.

Oh and if you don't think they use it for propaganda purposes just think about the pledge of allegiance. They make you pledge allegiance to a flag. Then there's this website that I created that exposes another peice of propaganda used. thegreatbartersystemlie.wordpress.com...

edit on 3-1-2011 by Ghost374 because: edit

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

These conservative stupid hypocrites didn’t say anything when Ronald Reagan’s wife was fighting the war on drugs

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

First off, hee is the source of the question
Christian science monitor source

Now, I personally find the whole argument stupid.
Yes, Sarah Palin is clearly running to be the first lady of the united states (she is clearly confused who she is supposed to be opposing, I guess she wants to take Michelle's spot verses Barack's)..but, why is this even having airtime? Why does the media demand we care?

Anyhow, a snippit of this stupid article:

Now if Michelle Obama were just a Chicago-based community activist who was organizing a nation-wide propaganda campaign to urge people to eat healthily I would have no objection.

Although Ms. Obama does not hold any official office she is a spokesperson for the White House and her husband, the president. Nothing she does or says happens without political vetting, approval, strategizing and so forth. In this sense she is an arm of the executive branch.

I do not believe it is the job of the federal government to teach us anything. It is simply part of the apparatus of compulsion and coercion whose job it is, at most, to main the basics of social order. When we allow it to become our Teacher we are elevating it to a role for which it has no comparative moral authority. Why should itsvalues be authoritative? Why not my values? Why not your values?

So, I guess the point is, the fattest nation on earth now has to feel angry that the government called a spade a spade and suggested we might want to drop the cheese puffs.

What does the far right stand for now anyhow?

Incidently, former first ladies always tried to take on softball issues...be it drugs, poverty, etc. Rarely do people wanting to become a president try to take on the first lady's softball causes.

My opinion:

Sarah palin and serious in the same sentence ? This should be in the hoax bin . Don't waste your time with this women. She is pissed about being mocked in the last presidential elections . She has to make up for it by pretending like she has the slightest clue . This women is very dangerous and her ego is darker then you can imagine. Sure shes a little hottie who you would love to bang in the oval office but other then that shes a waste of DNA

sarah palin is an idiot

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost374
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

The truth of the matter is the government does teach us. The government has been in charge of the public schools for almost 100 years. That's the main problem with conservatives, they always leave out important facts that conflict with their version of reality.

You are correct. Government is in charge of the public school system. Look where that's gotten us.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

My opinion:

My opinion? This thread needs to be in the Political Madness forum.
My other opinion? Palin is right on this issue. It is not the role of government "to teach us anything".

Please don't force me to agree with Palin again...

Just say no

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I don't have any problem with officers of the state, or their spouses, expressing opinions on the issues of the day whether it's Mitch Obama talking about obesity of Laura Bush talking about literacy.

I do have a problem with the state's police power being used to enforce those opinions, such as through the application of excise taxes, the criminalization of behavior or the enforcement of non-foundational curriculum standards in the welfare schools (AKA public schools).

I think Palin's thesis is fundamentally correct but woefully misapplied.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
The pattern seems to be to attack Democrat first ladies as meddlesome and overly active in politics (a la Elenor Roosevelt, Hillary Clinton, etc.). Meanwhile, Republican first ladies are attacked as being airhead retrogressive Stepford Wives (e.g., Laura Bush, "Plastic Pat" Nixon).
edit on 1/3/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

How big of an idiot? Let's see, has her own show that makes her millions: check
Wrote a book: Check
Has actual hands on experience being in politics unlike most libs: check ( oh or beloved messiah had 163 days as senator, oh and voted present on everything )
Makes millions off of books shows, and appearances: check ( which btw, no other governor/senator has ever done that)

yeah, she's a real idiot....have you people bothered to look in the mirror? She's living the good life, while your on ATS whining! BWAAHAHAHA!!!!

Watch out, the whaaaabulance is on its way!

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded

Has actual hands on experience being in politics unlike most libs: check ( oh or beloved messiah had 163 days as senator, oh and voted present on everything )
Makes millions off of books shows, and appearances: check ( which btw, no other governor/senator has ever done that)

yeah, she's a real idiot....have you people bothered to look in the mirror? She's living the good life, while your on ATS whining! BWAAHAHAHA!!!!

Larry the cable guy made more...curiously, I don't want him running my country...

And erm...besides that, wtf does this have to do with money? the woman is pro-fatty with her fat daughter waddling around dance floors promoting our fat nation to become a collective agustus gloop.

Your messiah'ette is pathetic, no matter how many diamonds are embroidered in her dunce cap.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
Palin is right on this issue. It is not the role of government "to teach us anything".

I see this campaign that Michelle Obama is doing just an aspect of The President's Council on Physical Fitness. It's educational, yes, but no one if forcing anyone to eat right.

I disagree with Sarah on this issue. She's trying to pit herself against Michelle for the upcoming election because she has no chance if she runs against Barack.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I disagree with Sarah on this issue. She's trying to pit herself against Michelle for the upcoming election because she has no chance if she runs against Barack.

I disagree.

Her job in 2012 is to run, motivate the evangelical wing of the GOP, then drop out and transfer her endorsement and treasury to the actual candidate.

She just needs to keep her name in the news for another year so she can complete her finish her assignment. Ergo, occasional statements like this designed to motivate the left into the hysterics she can so ably and easily provoke from them, and motivate the evangelical right into the militant defense of her she can likewise provoke.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Sarah Palin: ... I do not believe it is the job of the federal government to teach us anything. It is simply part of the apparatus of compulsion and coercion whose job it is, at most, to main the basics of social order. When we allow it to become our Teacher we are elevating it to a role for which it has no comparative moral authority. Why should itsvalues be authoritative? Why not my values? Why not your values?

Apparently this ditz has completely forgotten when Daddy Bush appointed Da Ahnuld to the chair of the "President's Council on Physical Fitness and Sports" - that's right, the office of the presidency that teaches kids how not to be total lard a**es. (See: History of the President's Council on Physical Fitness and Sports

Leave it to Palin to attack things she doesn't understand, fearmongering at it's finest! I believe she won't be happy until she's dumbed down the entire nation to her level.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Sarah Palin's "Real Americans"
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9df09212d04c.jpg[/atsimg]

(actually, those fries do look tasty...damn new years diet...-eats the picture instead-)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Sarah Palin's "Real Americans"
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9df09212d04c.jpg[/atsimg]

(actually, those fries do look tasty...damn new years diet...-eats the picture instead-)

This picture was taken in Israel.

FYI.
edit on 3-1-2011 by zuul000 because: typo - I said "Jordan" --- multitasking

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Simply identifying with some of the posters on this thread, whom suggested Sarah was an idiot. I proved otherwise. Besides, who gives a s### about some dumb first lady pushing fat people syndrome? I guess Ms. Obama couldn't conjure up something actually constructive to do?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
yep, smaller , more localized government please....that's correct of Sarah Palin....i like that, we don't need the government to tell us, the other way around or bust

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded

so making lots of money validates her voice?

so, by the same argument, we should have no gripes with any of hollywood's denizens, or better yet, professional athletes, who make lots of money and write books.

and we should also therefor, not listen to those on the lower end of the pay scale, such as police officers and school teachers?

figures one would apply such logic in defending one of the more illogical Cult of Personality figures we have ever had in this rather confused country.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join