It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arkansas Dead Fish and Dead Birds

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by elocin

I don't see "Moderator" in your title.

You should apply for the job since you're so excellent at it.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

A lot of speculation but definitely those could be some possibilities. I have to admit I had thought of them myself. The wildlife experts in some of the stories did say that high-altitude hail could be the cause for what happened to the birds. I would think birds are pretty good at avoiding stuff like that though.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Watched CNN this afternoon and found that the reason given by some government game and wildlife spokesperson was even more bizarre then the incident itself....that the birds succumbed "due to disease"???....huh?...what?....all those birds all fell out of the sky, on the same day, at the same time, in the same area "due to disease"??? Oh of course it must have been a 'time release' disease!! And also that there is no connection to the thousands of fish that also died in Arkansas?....please, I think the public are a bit more intelligent then that. Of course we shouldn't be surprised the government always seems to dole out the most unconvincing reasoning behind most incidents of a 'suspicious' nature.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by dbloch7986

High altitude hail ??

How high does the average flock of birds really fly...? Where i am very few go higher than several hundred feet... Maybe some Birds of Prey (Buzzards etc) go higher but I just don't buy this about high altitude affecting them like this....

I'm wondering if air pressure is the common factor somehow ?.... the drum fish holds air in it's swim bladder and uses it to communicate, separating it from other fish species..... Do the Black redwings have some possible issue with pressure causing 'damage trauma injuries' to internal organs ?

Regards

PDUK

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by dandare57

Thats interesting that it was due to "disease". I hope its not a disease humans should be worried about. How odd though, that they would all die at the same instant due to a disease. I don't think that is very common.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Well according to this website:

Most birds fly below 500 feet except during migration. There is no reason to expend the energy to go higher -- and there may be dangers, such as exposure to higher winds or to the sharp vision of hawks. When migrating, however, birds often do climb to relatively great heights, possibly to avoid dehydration in the warmer air near the ground. Migrating birds in the Caribbean are mostly observed around 10,000 feet, although some are found half and some twice that high. Generally long-distance migrants seem to start out at about 5,000 feet and then progressively climb to around 20,000 feet. Just like jet aircraft, the optimum cruise altitude of migrants increases as their "fuel" is used up and their weight declines. Vultures sometimes rise over 10,000 feet in order to scan larger areas for food (and to watch the behavior of distant vultures for clues to the location of a feast). Perhaps the most impressive altitude record is that of a flock of Whooper Swans which was seen on radar arriving over Northern Ireland on migration and was visually identified by an airline pilot at 29,000 feet. Birds can fly at altitudes that would be impossible for bats, since bird lungs can extract a larger fraction of oxygen from the air than can mammal lungs.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
interesting that something similar happened last year with birds dropping dead from the sky in New Jersey(interesting point is that it happened in Jan.as well!?do not know if that is relevant or not but interesting to note)
link

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I think they are saying it happens, but not regularly.

There have been incidents of it raining frogs, fish, birds, all sorts of things throughout history. The poor things get picked up by a storm, carried a few miles and it hails down on some unsuspecting town.

My personal take is that it is coincidence. only 150 fish were in the fish kill. Thats not a lot, that could be a disease. Now if were the thousands, I would be more concerned.

The wildlife expert isn't lying in that fish are susceptible to water temp changes. I used to stock the local river with trout and would woudl have to gaurd the fish because just the 10 degree change would stun them for 15 minutes.

Now what I would be suspicous of is if the wacky weather had something to do with it. The southeast hasn't been excluded from the nigthmare weather patterns we have had.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

no body knows the real reason about the death of birds and fish but in the lab. they will have an idea and they will never tell the true story about it like always. but from what i saw birds then fishs mean there is something in the water birds drink and then fishs poison in the water i think this is the cause and nothing else. speculation about firework eve, trauma and others things are for the media and TV. Scientific must go to the river and check the water in the river and they will find the answer?

A++

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I heard a guy on fox who was some kind of Fish and Wildlife guy say that the birds were panicked during roost and whatever panicked them caused such terror that they simply flew blindly, they aren't used to flying at night, and crashed to death. he said nothing about the fish .To me it has all the hallmarks of a weapons test. The Navy and the Coast Guard do stuff like this to dolphins and whales all the time

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I also found this it is al speculating of course

Japan say it is because of the flu

www.nytimes.com...

Maybe it is a false flag ??to push everybody to have the flu jab.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by packinupngoin

I think what is more concerning is the fish. Its not like all fish in a poison area its one group of fish. I used to live in Miami so I've seen fish beach themselves before but never like this.
What species is next?

The fish in not as big a think as you think. There are fish die offs like this all the time. All seem to be associated with lack of oxygen with either a winter freeze or a algae bloom.die off 1
die off 2
die off 3
die off 4
die off 5
die off 6
There are many many more examples of fish die offs.

The birds on the other hand does bother me. Not the deaths as much as fell form the sky. Whatever affected them affected them very fast. If it was something else like a flu or something then they would have been sick and not flying around.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Here's an CNN article about earthquakes in the region. Dated 23d Dec 2010.

"More than 500 measurable earthquakes have been reported in central Arkansas since September 20, ranging in magnitude from a barely noticeable 1.8 to a very noticeable 4.0 (recorded on October 11), according to the U.S. Geological Survey."

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Did a little research on this and just connected the dots, all four dieoffs - three flocks dead, fish in the rivers/ponds occur along the New Madrid fault lines. The BBC is now reporting the official story to be fireworks, and they seem to want to stick to that.

EDIT: Bit of additional notes.. dieoffs occured, Arkansas, Kentucky, and Louisiana.

BBC Explamation
edit on 4-1-2011 by LittleDragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
could it have something to do with the small earthquakes (+/- M 2.0) last week, just 30 miles away?

on usgs:
earthquake.usgs.gov...

on google earth:

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
In the dutch news the where saying the birds died of fear.Put the translated version on here

Translated page

LITTLE ROCK - While the town of Beebe in the state of Arkansas now by unknown cause for five thousand dead birds have fallen from the sky, about 200 km away are massive dead fish found in the Arkansas River. It would go to 80,000 to 100,000 units, U.S. media reported

Especially freshwater bass were found dead near the place Ozark, according to the authorities that it is not pollution. Then all the fish in that area are affected. The disease seems more likely, according to authorities

"Birds were anxious'
The birds are under veterinarian George Badley frightened public, making them wild rondfladderden and flew himself to death against trees and houses. Beebe reported twenty residents of loud noises have been heard on New Year's Day, shortly before the birds fell from the sky. There are even studies that the animals may have been poisoned or sick. Possibly a tornado that swept through Arkansas and three days of life demanded the mass deaths of wild birds to make.

Original source
www.ad.nl...

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleDragon

Thank you sir poster...finally some sanity and reason to the affair.

Of course, the interesting item here for all to see and hear is the wild excuses floated for the event, ignoring any potential coincidences and sequential events.

Of course, all the die offs are related, just the same as clouds and rain are related.

Methane is the culprit...booms heard, earth farts and secrets noxious gases...fish under water die as do birds flying above.

Heads up...new madrid is gonna bust...

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
More dead fish...today. Various places around the world. Does this happen often and we just dont see it?

SCORES of fish have been found dead in a brook running through a Peterborough beauty spot.

Walkers have been left horrified at the sight of the fish lying on top of the waters in Werrington Brook, in Cuckoo’s Hollow, Peterborough.

Environment Agency officials have been alerted but say it could be some days before the results of tests to find out the cause of the death are known.

www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk...

5:30 AM Wednesday Jan 5, 2011

Fisheries officials are investigating the death of hundreds of snapper washed up on Coromandel Peninsula beaches.

Beachgoers at Little Bay and Waikawau Bay found the fish - many with their eyes missing - dead on the sand yesterday.

www.nzherald.co.nz...

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbloch7986

Thats interesting that it was due to "disease". I hope its not a disease humans should be worried about. How odd though, that they would all die at the same instant due to a disease. I don't think that is very common.

I'd say that was neigh on impossible. Especially when they say the birds had multiple blunt force traumas to their internal organs, which suggests impacts or massive pressure changes...apparently the trauma happened before they hit the floor.

If it actually is possible, which i very much doubt, and the birds did contract a disease, their flock feeding grounds need to be looked into.

The dead fish are only about 100-150 miles away, quite close, maybe the fish died first, floated and washed up on the shore, which the birds then could have eaten...whatever killed the fish may also have killed the birds.

This from burntheships post above hints at this being possible;

Beachgoers at Little Bay and Waikawau Bay found the fish - many with their eyes missing - dead on the sand yesterday.

The eyes of an animal are the prime target for feeding birds...only problem is these fish are on the other side of the planet, although the same thing might have happened in the US.

edit on 4/1/2011 by spikey because: Added info.
edit on 4/1/2011 by spikey because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey

Originally posted by dbloch7986

The dead fish are only about 100-150 miles away, quite close, maybe the fish died first, floated and washed up on the shore, which the birds then could have eaten...whatever killed the fish may also have killed the birds.

The eyes of an animal are the prime target for feeding birds...only problem is these fish are on the other side of the planet, although the same thing might have happened in the US.

edit on 4/1/2011 by spikey because: Added info.
edit on 4/1/2011 by spikey because: (no reason given)

Small comment. Red winged black birds do not eat fish. Dead or alive.
edit on 4/1/11 by remembering because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join