It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ark of the Covenant in America?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I found this pretty interesting. According to some researchers, the Ark of the Covenat may actually be lying on the bottom of the infamous Money Pit on Oak Island in Nova Scotia. I heard somewhere that radiation levels were higher in the pit than in the land surrounding it. Check out this article for more information...

scienceray.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Very cool article, and being from Nova Scotia, it would be pretty cool if true. Although I think that there have been reports of the Ark of the Covenant being at any number of places. I guess when it's found we will find out.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Headlines like this -

"Ark of The Covenant Found in Money Pit on Oak Island Proves Ancient Alien Theory?"

- cause me a moment of pause.

It's 15 words long and manages to cram in 3 different esoteric topics: Ark of the Covenant, Money Pit, Alien Astronauts.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Have you seen the newest episodes of Ancient Aliens?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by chimaybliss

Sorry to be picky, but it should either say "North America" in your thread title, or 'Canada'.

Interesting idea, although I think it may be an ancient UFO under there as soon a I would think it was the Ark of the Covenant, a UFO is more likely to be radioactive, IMO.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Well, some think the ark contained a manna machine that produced lethal radiation. Alien saucers are highly radioactive, but the only ones who could have placed an alien spacecraft so far down into the ground are the aliens themselves.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

It isn't possible for it to be the ark of covenant. My assumption is based on this: The island is set with plenty of booby traps and it is located in Canada. The vikings had the manpower, they were pirates, and they had treasures form all over the world. The island seems like it was built from the ground up. A layer of dirt in the water>>oak wood>>dirt>>oak wood coconut fibers>> dirt>> oak wood>> dirt>>dirt and etc.

When the people dig water comes from from underneath the dirt which should indicate that the island has water underneath. If the water were to come from shafts than over time the shafts would crumble under all the pressure and rain.

So my assumption is the water is from under the island rather than coming if from around.

But I love this mystery!

BTW CANADA IS NOT AMERICA!
edit on 3-1-2011 by Equinox99 because: Canada is not America

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I have heard everything from the Holy Grail, to Solomon's treasure, to the Ark of the Covenant being in North America, to me I have yet to see a substantiated claim to such things. A lot of circumstantial information and interesting theories to ponder but I am afraid nothing as of yet. If anything it would be in either Near East away from Jerusalem. Or perhaps in Europe if it survived at all. After all we are talking about a possible Wood artifact laden in gold. Hard for that to survive. but I am still open minded. And this Oak Island thing is very intriguing to me.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
The money pit on Oak Island is thought to connect to underground caverns full of water. They released a dye into the hole and it came out in three spots on each side of the island. I find it hard to believe that no one can use an underwater probe and find out whats down there. Whatever is down there has probably already been taken. John Wayne, Errol Flynn and others have spent money to find out what was below but to no avail. That's why they call it the money pit.

Someone call James Cameron and get him on it.
edit on 3-1-2011 by TheLieWeLive because: Brain fart

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

It also has been noted that the ark is in a small temple in Ethiopia. When the temple was last distroyed the priests were said to have stolen it through the night into Eygpt for a while and then into Surmaria and from there to Ethiopia. They stayed there and witnessed to the people there and a lot of them became Christians. They built a temple and put the ark in there and there are two priests that guard this temple today and will not let anyone inside to see the ark. But they will tell you the story of how it got there and what it looks like and how it needs to be handled.

Who knows?

Grandma,

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Grandma

I've read many occasions of that story, and it sounds the most plausible. If it is correct, they are supposed to reveal the ark this year, but 2010 is over and no ark.

Anyhow, the Moneypit is amazing, I would love to get up there to assist someone. I believe it is something from the Knight's Templar, there are just too many symbols and interesting geometries and patterns to be from the vikings. It is a masterpiece! Who knows what could be in there, but it must be something worth protecting better than King Tut!

One day I will visit Oak Island!

Edit to add:
All you Canadians are usually quick to point out that "America" also includes Canada and Mexico, and now you are complaining that the title says "America?" Which is it? Are you in America or not?

edit on 3-1-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
The "Impenetrable Metal Slab" could be some sort of Ufo. Possibly.
Maybe Buried as a clue or proof....Clearly a very intelligent person or being
planned this money pit.

I think we should focus this stream on figuring out how to find out whats down there.
any solutions to keep the water out..

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by EternalChef

Yes. Simple construction techniques used for bridge building. Stake out a perimeter, dig down as far as possible, and then drive those metal interlocking bulkheads down as far as possible and begin excavating the center.

These days, we do not use finesse and puzzle solving skills, we use machinery and brute force. It could be excavated to the point of leaving the original shaft untouched in the center, and then the main chaft could be excavated according to modern archeological standards.

I just don't believe that this thing is impenetrable. I think a decently funded expedition could have this mystery solved over the course of one summer!

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by chimaybliss
I found this pretty interesting. According to some researchers, the Ark of the Covenat may actually be lying on the bottom of the infamous Money Pit on Oak Island in Nova Scotia. I heard somewhere that radiation levels were higher in the pit than in the land surrounding it. Check out this article for more information...

scienceray.com...

Here's just another example of a great story that somebody feels the need to cover in poo. Check the various threads on ATS about Oak Island...but why buy in to this Ark nonsense? The real story is much better!

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Link didn't work, took me to a sight, but no story and asked for subscription. What's the "real" story?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Link didn't work, took me to a sight, but no story and asked for subscription. What's the "real" story?

We don't know it all yet, but there has been a lot of money and effort expended in trying to figure it out...including a visit by a 'intuitive archaeologist', with which I have a little peripheral knowledge. Go through the ATS threads.

Oh, and I have a "Shreddies" treasure map that says it's Captain Kidd's loot. And you can get a nice lobster roll right close by.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Oh ya, I've read up on it pretty extensively, and I think it is connected to the fleeing Knights Templar myself. I also think it should not be difficult to uncover at this stage in our technological advances. It will just take some money for the project and some legal wrangling, because if there is a treasure, its ownership will be hotly contested!

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Oh ya, I've read up on it pretty extensively, and I think it is connected to the fleeing Knights Templar myself. I also think it should not be difficult to uncover at this stage in our technological advances. It will just take some money for the project and some legal wrangling, because if there is a treasure, its ownership will be hotly contested!

If I am not mistaken, the island and its treasure is owned by a consortium, though it seems Nova Scotia has been playing around with some legislation of late.
edit on 6-1-2011 by JohnnyCanuck because: that darn 'its' gets me again!

top topics

join