It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

stupid add box

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
what is with this stupid add box that starts playing automatically? I thought that by being a member, we were supposed to not have to be blasted with adds. charge me a membership fee. Don't make me deal with commercials. I come here to get away from all that. If commercials was what I wanted, I would just watch the idiot box.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
And that banner add at the top, the one with the stupid face characters - not even a moronic 10 year old would buy in to that rubbish. Who in their right mind clicks on an advert that's utterly worthless and devoid of meaning and purpose.

Maybe there is a purpose though. Im starting to think the advertisers are smarter than we think. They subtly get a message out, Like a street billboard, but its wrapped in a design that nobody will click on and so they don't have to shell out any money for advertising. It's quite a genius plan. The down side is that we all end up vomiting at the mere sight of it all.

There has to be something subliminal about some of the adverts on the internet. There is method in their advertising madness - I just don't like being a guinea pig. Maybe we're all being hypnotised. Maybe the agry face characters filter in to our subconsciousness and affect mood? I get the impression they want us to be angry - but that's a whole different thread.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

There is a thread for reporting horrid ads:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And I respect your rant, some of these ads are highly irritating.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I see a square ad in the upper left corner. I went to the 'home' page and the 'forums' page - this is all I am seeing.

It does - ah - play? I guess - seems animated - but there is no sound. I turned up the volume (usually off) - no sound.

Not sure if this is what you are speaking about?

Related note - I am SO GLAD to see that bottom thing for the ATS radio show GONE! Not that I cared about the ad - it just hurt my eyes! - the way it was positioned and kept going off and on.

If I've been snippy to anyone on here in the last few days - it was that bottom ad! YARG! Hurt eyes, made crabby!

(Watch, right after I post this - it will come back! LOL)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Double Post, sorry!
edit on 3-1-2011 by Whiffer Nippets because: I got DOUBLE VISION!

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Whiffer Nippets

it started to autoplay on me this morning. It took me a minute to find it. Bottom of page on left. The add changes. Maybe you will be lucky and get in the rotation. I had my speakers up form some music earlier and am used to not having any sound unless I play it. If it wouldn't have been so loud, it might not have irritated me so much.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I have noticed that sometimes there are ad's that even look like legitimate ATS threads... there is one about guns or something that normally pops up now and again... oh and speaking of pop-ups...

Those annoying pop-ups that look like newspaper articles like "this woman makes 500k per day just by using a secret Google trick" that I sometimes get when I click a link from an ATS post(also have appeared as a banner from time to time), they drive me NuTz... especially when I am browsing ATS on my mobile phone.

[/endrant]

new topics

top topics

join