It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is This The Smoking Gun That Proves HAARPS Weather Capabilities?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I read a lot of outlandish claims on this site and others regarding HAARP.

I have sat and rolled my eyes at many stories and have even timed how long someone would mention HAARP at any given occurance..

On average, usually about 10 minuets btw

However after reading THIS OBSCURE ARTICLE, I see that the Saudi's are using similar tech to create rain storms for their region.

HAARP is a damn sight more powerful, and with the recent strange weather occurances worldwide, I can now see that these devices can be incredibly dangerous.

Imo it is totally stupid to interfere with weather even at a local level.

To coin a metaphor; "one mans flood defense is another mans flood". Interfering with weather patterns in one place could destabalise another.

I think there should be a ban on them.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
They look like giant electric palm trees. While this would seem to be a rather benign use of such technology I can see where it could be used as a weapon as well. Very dangerous indeed.
I agree there should be a ban on such technologies. Taking water in this method would no doubt deprive downwind sources of their usual rainfall.
Can HAARP be used to create earthquakes? It would hardly surprise me.
You find some great stuff Yissachar

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Star and Flag, Yiss!

This opens the door for all sorts of chicanery with the weather.... Holding a country hostage for needed rains, etc.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Thanks

I have no doubt that this device has allready been weaponised, and can see how this could be put on a mobile platform of some kind too.

In war battles have been won and lost due to weather conditions. Im sure this kind of device would add some new aspects in military planning.

But I am concerned that even the benine use of this tech could destabalise another regions weather quite dramatically.

Have we seen this allready over the last few years?

Speculation I know, but would not put it past tptb

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

I have learned to look at no claims as outlandish anymore. I just see them as unsubstantiated until I see further evidence of the possibilities. Well, except the blatantly obvious.

When there are things like "weather warfare treaty's", HAARP like complexes in several places in the world, and China being the latest to spend Billions on weather manipulation. You kinda start taking notice, though.

From my perspective, Technology in and of itself is usually not the problem. It is the men behind it that become a problem, and a hazard to the rest of us.

edit on 3-1-2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

These are nothing more than giant air ionisers, you know the things you put in your house to purify the air.

Are you saying that is what HAARP is?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

I have learned to look at no claims as outlandish anymore. I just see them as unsubstantiated until I see further evidence of the possibilities. Well, except the blatantly obvious.

When there are things like "weather warfare treaty's", HAARP like complexes in several places in the world, and China being the latest to spend Billions on weather manipulation. You kinda start taking notice, though.

From my perspective, Technology in and of itself is usually not the problem. It is the men behind it that become a problem, and a hazard to the rest of us.

edit on 3-1-2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

Wow.

I did not even know THIS TREATY existed until you pointed it out!

It would seem that various governments worldwide blatantly ignore it or keep the tech secret in order to bypass the treaty.

However with private companies now using the tech openly I think the game could be up for some of these programs.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Do you know what an ion is?

It is an atom that loses or adds an electron due to energetic processes.

Whenever you put energy into the air you create ions. Radio does this, HAARP actually heats up the ionosphere and creates ions.

So yes if you like

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Wrong.

HAARP cannot create ions.

It can interact with ions, but not create ions, which is what those rain generators do.

The frequencies used by the HAARP facility are in the High Frequency (HF) portion of the spectrum. Electromagnetic radiation in the HF frequency range is non-ionizing - as opposed to the sun's ultraviolet and X-ray radiation whose photons have sufficient energy to be ionizing.

The intensity of the radiation from the completed HAARP facility at ionospheric heights will be too weak to produce artificial ionization through particle interactions. The power density produced by the completed facility will not exceed 3 to 4 microwatts per cm2, about two orders of magnitude below the level required for that process.

www.haarp.alaska.edu...

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

The treaty was what originally convinced me to look further into it. But I think that treaty has become a mere formality. A lot like other treaty's no one honors.

I'm waiting to see what these private companies are going to do with this technology. And how they will modify it to fit their needs.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Of course certain governments like China and Saudi Arabia admit they are controlling the weather. In the fascist USA, it is a big secret and there is not a single official admission of this. Despite that it may have one of the most sophisticated weather control programs. What can be created? Rain, monsoons, thunderstorms, thunder and lightening in specific locations, cloud grumbling noises, heat waves. Even worse is the "natural" disaster capabilities such as earthquakes, volcanic eruption, tsunamis. Makes a great excuse to send in USA "relief" teams to spy on and manipulate a targeted country though. Nazi Germany would have been impressed at how fascist things have become these days then again Germany lost but the Nazis didn't they looted the country and fled making deals with the CIA and KGB and starting small businesses in many other countries and then it is surprising to people we have a more clever and covert repeat.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Progman

Big secret?

Ha! Big business. For some.

www.nawcinc.com...

Although not quite the same as what's happening in the UAE, it's still weather modification.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1

To coin a metaphor; "one mans flood defense is another mans flood". Interfering with weather patterns in one place could destabalise another.

I strongly disagree.

I believe that we can and should manipulate the weather in order to improve the human condition.

That we'll find a way and use it to hurt other people is perhaps inevitable, but we're all working on that too. In the meantime, it's good to feed people.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Wrong.

HAARP cannot create ions.

It can interact with ions, but not create ions, which is what those rain generators do.

The frequencies used by the HAARP facility are in the High Frequency (HF) portion of the spectrum. Electromagnetic radiation in the HF frequency range is non-ionizing - as opposed to the sun's ultraviolet and X-ray radiation whose photons have sufficient energy to be ionizing.

The intensity of the radiation from the completed HAARP facility at ionospheric heights will be too weak to produce artificial ionization through particle interactions. The power density produced by the completed facility will not exceed 3 to 4 microwatts per cm2, about two orders of magnitude below the level required for that process.

www.haarp.alaska.edu...

Hmmmm

So how does haarp heat up the upper atmosphere then?

That requires energy and ELF though weak are still energetic enough to heat things up.

Any addition of energy creates ions. Even creating a wave in water creates ions. All it is is an input of energy that causes an electron to jump off one atom to another, this creates positive and negative ions and also creates bonds between positive and negative ions.

This is my understanding.

As a soldier comms was one of my jobs. Setting up HF in the jungle was always interesting, especially being able to use the ionosphere at various times of the day to literally "phone home". It was also interesting to still be able to hear old transmissions from years back that are still bouncing around the planet. Even freaky ones from the vietnam war!

My point is that these high frequencies do not heat up the ionosphere yet haarp does at elf and can even poke through it.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedBird

Originally posted by Yissachar1

I strongly disagree.

I believe that we can and should manipulate the weather in order to improve the human condition.

That we'll find a way and use it to hurt other people is perhaps inevitable, but we're all working on that too. In the meantime, it's good to feed people.

We will have to agree to disagree on this point.

Im not a scientist, just a grunt, but I know that all things are connected. You take one component from one system then that destabilises that system, you add something, same thing. That system has to equalise with the new or lost information, and it usually is not pretty!

That old butterfly effect.
edit on 4-1-2011 by Yissachar1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
While people still believe be self righteous, and egotistical, they'll continue to try and out do each other with wartime technology. It's some dangerous tech out there, but it seems it's going to be done inevitability by one country or another, by one man or another. How can it be stopped? that's just what humans seem to do, we kill and conquer each other, and destroy anything that gets in our way. We've been doing it since we were cavemen and killed each other with rocks and clubs. Now were doing it with ion beams and nuclear bombs, for the same reasons.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   

The Saudis aren't the only ones.
From Russia to China to Europe to America to even Australia, weather modification is nothing new.
Australia for example managed to increase snow fall by 25% one winter thanks to cloud seeding.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I would like to add that with engineering and electronics always learning new secrets to employ in forefront tech like haarp and other big global research, weaponry, etc...That there is always going to be some new breakthrough or new discoveries of how to make it stronger, more efficient, etc..

And you can be sure someone is always doing those things, because that is what gets the paycheck...

Is haarp still the same as it was originally? Not even close.... Expanded, and still expanding with more, more, more ways to use it or apply it to get new different effects...

Following this trend is how every technology usually goes.. Much never made public...

Just food for thought

edit on 4-1-2011 by alienreality because: fix

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

I see your point.

Im not an expert by any means but if i have understood some reading on the subject, they are now able to direct haarp signals by creating plasma in the upper atmosphere which they can use to direct the signal where they wish rather than it being localised above the array.

I have also read that they can also send negative ions into a weather system which "locks" the system from from raining etc and creates control of the sytem until they release it.

Speculation of course, but if the capability exists, then what we have is the ability to use weather as a weapon.

Scary.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   

first of all this is done in UAE not Saudi arabia , in here doesn't rain a lot so we need rain and its been done when the humidity reaches %30 and above for it to work properly , so they're not taking somebody elses rain or water , and Abu Dhabi is too humid in the summer so it works fine.

anyway i wrote this in another thread that was talking about the same project

Originally posted by Dr UAE
while i am from UAE i have never heard of this before , so thanx for the info , but when i googled the name The Metro System i couldn't find a thing in regards of this report , but found out that the name is wrong, so the name is actually METEO SYSTEMS AG and the founder is Dr. Helmut Fluhrer , so i searched more and found out also that he has a patent here.

hmmm i think i should go and look for those antennas and take a photo of them , but where should i start.

anyway thanx for this info

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join