It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Insect found while hiking in Mexico

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I know this isn't very odd or out there but it did perplex me quite a bit. The insect I found was on a branch and I picked it up to analyze and check it out. What really bothered me is that the insect was a scribble... it didn't have a form per se.... I've been searching for the insect on-line but I haven't found something concrete. I uploaded the crappy pics I took with my phone camera... and I will try to find some more information.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Seriously? You may have found a really interesting insect but those photos are terrible. You could just as easily claim that you had a picture of a ghost or alien, because nothing is even remotely identifiable.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Going by those pics ,whatever it is, it is very good at camouflage .

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
No offence, but you must be really bad at taking pictures. Not sure what we're suppose to be looking at, I see a big blur.

Can you compare it to anything? You said it does not have a form...what makes you think its an insect? Or even alive?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
looks like chewing gum to me.
or spit.
or bleached lentils all squidged up

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jamiros

Sorry mate but from those blurry images I get nothing. Can you describe it a bit better? There are still so many unknown lifeforms on this planet maybe you have discovered a new one. Thought of a name yet?? Need a live sample though.... Okay take care, regards

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I have no idea what I am supposed to be looking at here.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Now tell me when you look at the images can you see an insect? You were way too close, you most likely don't have a camera for close ups. Get back from the insect at least 2 feet and then at least we could work with cropping and zooming for you online. I really wanted to see this insect.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Looks like a UFO bug.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jamiros

Seriously.
Either this OP has the some eye issues or he is playing some kind of game. These are the worst pics I have ever seen.
I

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Did it look like a little bit of cotton fluff with legs? It was probably some sort of scale bug. Google Scale Bug or cottony scale bug.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I can't decide whether this is a trolling post or not...

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Hhahahaha I did say they were bad pictures!!

I'm right now making the images smaller and going to draw on top of them.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jamiros

Jamiros! Now here's a name I haven't seen in a while. Good to have you back.

I'm unable to really make heads or tails of your photos. Can you give a brief description of the insect and the type of area you found it?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jamiros

Great Pics! I would have to say it's either an alien life form, The Virgin Mary, or perhaps The Flying Spaghetti Monster.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
These are Contrails

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jamiros

Not tying to be funny but,do i need glasses ,what am i looking at?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
You were way too close, you most likely don't have a camera for close ups. Get back from the insect at least 2 feet and then at least we could work with cropping and zooming for you online.

...too close, yep... i copied the pics, reduced them significantly, then uploaded to post here so others can see whats there a little bit better - not much but a little... i'm guessing the bug is the cotton-ball looking thing, although there is an eye in one pic and thats a little freaky, lol...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/28685d6a4809.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/14951cac7952.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/07e2e2dee337.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Hey there maria_stardust! Haven't seen you in a while either!

Anyway, here comes the pics with my interpretation of what I took pics of...

The red lines are the "scribbles" and the black lines are the head and the legs.

Same on this one...

This is a top view of the insect.

Yes, I know I suck at taking pictures and more when the insect is so small I can't focus right trust me these are the best of 90 pics I took.

I need information on THE INSECT not what it looks like, I want to know if there's a type of insect that uses some sort of scribble like camo or what the heck did I find.

I didn't take the insect with me because I respect all living beings even animals so

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
this is evidence that aliens are visiting this planet

<<   2  3  4 >>

join