It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noah would says No to God, or be a Traitor to Jesus, says do onto others rule?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Noah would says No to God, or be a Traitor to Jesus, says do onto others rule?

www.youtube.com...

Can you think like an adult?

One should treat others as one would like others to treat oneself .
One should not treat others in ways that one would not like to be treated

Do unto others as a Golden rule is all that man would likely have to follow to end most if not all of human suffering at the hands of other humans.

If God himself lived by this rule, none of the woes inflicted on us via Adam and Eve would be with us today.

The moral and right thing for Noah to do was say no to God thus choosing to follow Jesus. This would also apply to Abraham when asked to sacrifice his son.

Both instances show God asking others to act immorally.

These are the highlights of the many times in scripture where God makes men act in an immoral way.

Noah and Abraham, and in a sense, Jesus, would torch the ark. That or not build it at all and thus force God to find another way to reboot his once perfect systems. Why he allowed perfection to go to imperfection is still a mystery as no intelligent God would allow such back sliding.

If Noah believed in the sanctity of human life, and lived by Jesus’ command to do to your neighbor as yourself....he would refuse to build the ark. It is a moral issue, Had Noah done that, God would have had to kill everyone, or no one.
This sort of moral position is upheld occasionally when a person refuses to back down, even at the cost of his life. We revere a person like this, call them heroes. This is NOT the cloth Noah was cut from. How can we say Noah was a man of God when he would not follow Jesus’ first rule?

We picture Noah in heaven but I would say that it is better to shovel coal in hell than to spend eternity watching friends, neighbors and our children in torture and flame forever.
Only a sick mind would conceive of such a situation or wish it upon anyone.
That is how mentally challenged Noah would have had to be to build the means of man’s genocide.

Yet Christians, Catholics and Muslims revere such an immoral patriarch.

Are you all as crazy as Noah had to be?

Did Noah act in a sane manner or is he now in hell paying for not following the teachings of God/Jesus or the teachings of the Bible itself?

Romans 12:21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Is genocide always evil?

Is a God who kills when he can just as easily cure a moral God?

Regards
DL

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
"If God himself lived by this rule, none of the woes inflicted on us via Adam and Eve would be with us today."

Obviously, no moral code can be followed to the extreme. All moral codes have some flaw or dilemma that cause you to break that code.

I'm pretty sure Jesus didn't follow his own rules. Wasn't it HE that said "marry and multiply"? We also do not know what Christ did before he was crucified. How he behaved or where he went? It's almost as if he lived a life of partying then came back changed and expected everyone to follow him by being a fear-monger like Augustine.

"Noah and Abraham, and in a sense, Jesus, would torch the ark. That or not build it at all and thus force God to find another way to reboot his once perfect systems. Why he allowed perfection to go to imperfection is still a mystery as no intelligent God would allow such back sliding. "

This is not backsliding as Noah came AFTER Adam and Eve so God's perfect little world was no more. And about Abraham, the moral was that it was a test of faith. I think most people would've said no to god but then again, we have to learn how "god" appeared to Abraham first or else Abraham was listening to "voices in his head."

How could Noah stop a flood? Even if he refused to build the ark, how would he stop the flood? About "God" causing the flood, of course, scientifically we know this isn't true. So, realistically, perhaps Noah noted that a flood was coming and prepared by building several boats. Or whatever - this story is so illogical that reason can't explain it or make an excuse for it when you consider how MANY animals there are in the world.

Your entire thread sounds a bit childish and bitter. You should ask yourself if you can think like an adult and look deeper behind the actions of the Bible.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Interesting read though the first sentence makes little sense to me.

Regarding your points on how God treats us, you're presupposing that the golden rule has been breached.

Have you considered that pain and suffering might be components of an elaborate learning environment we refer to as life?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

Jesus was not even a thought when Noah was around. What does jesus have to do with Noah? two different people in two different stages of time. Obviously different events aswell.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by rexusdiablos
Have you considered that pain and suffering might be components of an elaborate learning environment we refer to as life?

I think that thought, coupled with "free will" are great things to ponder on in these instances

One can learn a significant amount from great pain, either way.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Jesus also mocked the Pharisees several times for taking the law of Leviticus much too rigidly and literally. I think the disclaimer of "within reason" is to be applied to the Golden Rule as well. As far as Noah and the flood, it's a myth and probably not meant to be taken literally. As for Moses, sometimes you've got to play hardball with buttheads. I mean, he didn't just walk in and make it start raining cows; he asked nicely first. If that story is even true, then it was just some volcanic eruption and disease breakout that Moses was smart enough to take advantage of, and the Bronze Age tribesman just attributed it to God. And who can blame them? The Greeks were brilliant, but they still thought that lightning happened because Zeus was grumpy.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Regarding your points on how God treats us, you're presupposing that the golden rule has been breached.

Totally agree, life is pain and suffering

Originally posted by Redevilfan09

Jesus was not even a thought when Noah was around. What does jesus have to do with Noah? two different people in two different stages of time. Obviously different events aswell.

Actually noah supposedly knew of the Christ's comming... More then likely written into the story after the fact though

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redevilfan09

If God spoke to Noah and jesus is god or part of the Trinity then Jesus spoke to Noah. Monotheism = 1 God remember.

This points to God being by-polar. A genocidal maniac in the O T and a goody goody two shoes in the N T but that does not take away the fact that there is only one God.

Regards
DL

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevilJin
"If God himself lived by this rule, none of the woes inflicted on us via Adam and Eve would be with us today."

Obviously, no moral code can be followed to the extreme. All moral codes have some flaw or dilemma that cause you to break that code.

I'm pretty sure Jesus didn't follow his own rules. Wasn't it HE that said "marry and multiply"? We also do not know what Christ did before he was crucified. How he behaved or where he went? It's almost as if he lived a life of partying then came back changed and expected everyone to follow him by being a fear-monger like Augustine.

"Noah and Abraham, and in a sense, Jesus, would torch the ark. That or not build it at all and thus force God to find another way to reboot his once perfect systems. Why he allowed perfection to go to imperfection is still a mystery as no intelligent God would allow such back sliding. "

This is not backsliding as Noah came AFTER Adam and Eve so God's perfect little world was no more. And about Abraham, the moral was that it was a test of faith. I think most people would've said no to god but then again, we have to learn how "god" appeared to Abraham first or else Abraham was listening to "voices in his head."

How could Noah stop a flood? Even if he refused to build the ark, how would he stop the flood? About "God" causing the flood, of course, scientifically we know this isn't true. So, realistically, perhaps Noah noted that a flood was coming and prepared by building several boats. Or whatever - this story is so illogical that reason can't explain it or make an excuse for it when you consider how MANY animals there are in the world.

Rather difficult to know how God appeared to anyone in the O T when the writers of it never took it literally. Only silly Christians and Muslims do.

As to how Noah could throw a wrench in God's plan. Simple.
The plan includes keeping a representative of both human and animal life.
Without an ark, God cannot continue unless he finds another way.
All or nothing and having Noah place others ahead of himself would prove him worthy.

That would be his following the golden rule instead of his self centered saving of only his own family.

Regards
DL

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

No.

I do not need to hurt anyone to teach them something.

Would I need to slap you to teach you something or is the force and truth of what I say good enough?
Do you see teachers going about beating children to help them learn?
Have you considered what you asked me to consider?

Regards
DL

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am

No.

Would I need to slap you to teach you something or is the force and truth of what I say good enough?

Regards
DL

You really havent considered that the pain is just as temporary as the happiness? Beyond that, how much have you studied the concept of duality?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by gnosticquasar
Jesus also mocked the Pharisees several times for taking the law of Leviticus much too rigidly and literally. I think the disclaimer of "within reason" is to be applied to the Golden Rule as well. As far as Noah and the flood, it's a myth and probably not meant to be taken literally. As for Moses, sometimes you've got to play hardball with buttheads. I mean, he didn't just walk in and make it start raining cows; he asked nicely first. If that story is even true, then it was just some volcanic eruption and disease breakout that Moses was smart enough to take advantage of, and the Bronze Age tribesman just attributed it to God. And who can blame them? The Greeks were brilliant, but they still thought that lightning happened because Zeus was grumpy.

Nice to find another Gnostic.

You likely know this but in case not.

www.raceandhistory.com...

I also do not know if you are aware of Elaine Pagels. She rocks and you might be interested in the Gnostic view of the flood.

www.gnosis.org...

Regards
DL

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by sinohptik

Originally posted by Greatest I am

No.

Regards
DL

You really havent considered that the pain is just as temporary as the happiness? Beyond that, how much have you studied the concept of duality?

I am aware of duality. It has no bearing here.

Have you considered what our schools would be like if we implemented your twisted logic?

Do you want to learn just a bit or a lot today Johnny.
Do I need the big stick or the little one?

Regards
DL
edit on 4-1-2011 by Greatest I am because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Well, even in the most limited contexts of god, why would you compare a teacher to that? Obviously two completely different systems. This is actually the very definition of duality. The deeper our experience goes, the deeper it can go in both directions.

Living through what we dont enjoy, or find painful, can teach us a great amount.

you already know my perspective on the issue, so why bother, eh?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
On earth as it is in heaven.

Why bother?

We should all try to correct the foolish.
That is how we purge foolish notions out of our systems.
You will note that we do not beat our children anywhere near the way we used to.

Regards
DL

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

But to correct the foolish, doesnt that propose that the "corrector" is not a fool? Else how would one know what is not "foolish?" Do you think you are this "corrector?" Because i can tell you, with certainty, you are a fool (as is everyone).

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by sinohptik

We evolve.
One of us fools is less foolish than the rest.
The fittest fool, least foolish in this case, should still rule even if foolishly and he should correct his followers.

Regards
DL

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

How does one know they are "less foolish" if they are a fool themselves?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by sinohptik

How does one know they are "less foolish" if they are a fool themselves?

I would not know. Ask a fool.

Regards
DL

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Have you read the bible? Do you even know what you are talking about?

Jesus nor His teachings were in this world at the time of Noah.

The flood punishment/cleansing of the earth in response to the genetic contamination of Nephillum/Raphiam/Giants/Fallen Angels mentioned in Genesis 6

The reason Noah was spared was "his generations were pure"...his genetics had not been cross bred...

To see just how terrible the world was...read The Book of Enoch...mass sexual cross breeding/inbreeding, canabalism, beastiality, man was consumed with sin... these were not innocents that were left off the ark.

If you read closely...you will read that this "knowing" or impregnating of the women that the fallen angels found favorable occurred before and AFTER the flood.... these post flood giants lived in Canaan in the north...Jericho..which is why every man-woman-child was slain there. Same area as Balbeek...look it up...the king up there was 13 feet tall.

This genetic contamination was an effort of Satan to desrtoy the lineage of Jesus before He was even born... but God foresaw the effort and "cut him off at the pass" so to speak.

Noah acted as instructed by God...with a child-like faith...just like Abraham...like Moses...and as we should too.

God is the Father...He understands things we can't even grasp...just like an earthly father understands things even a small child can not grasp.... there is nothing wrong in questioning God...He wants us too, but do not think we are smarter than God.

<<   2 >>

join