It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is YOUR one only suggestion to change society for the better in 2011..

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I am posting my reply not having read other's responses.. so forgive me if I have repeated any ideas!

How can you narrow it down to just ONE?!

My suggestion would be for people to remember that the world doesn't revolve around them, to take a look around, step outside of their boxes and think of others. If everyone could do this (especially the very wealthy) a lot of good could be done. If they were thinking of others, maybe they would see a need and fill it, if everyone did this I think it might be a good start to improve that state of things.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Get rid of mankinds one and only true problem, the global monetary system.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Why lie? Why deceive? Tell the truth not unless hiding out of fear. Then maybe people will understand why this planet is messed up.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
disband ALL clandestine agencies including
but not limited to:

CIA, FSB, Mossad, MI5-6, ISI and many
others. These agencies are causing
95% of the fear in the world through
their black ops programs.

But I do not have a choice in that matter.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by dcb1412
Use your heart not your mind

How about both? How about the knowledge aspect of the mind guided by the love wisdom aspect of the heart? Just my 3 cents.

edit on 2-1-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Abolish govt. It hasnt done us much good and we sure as heck couldnt do any worse without them.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Individuals need to work on themselves. Like the guy said in the first page about the guy in the mirror. We all need to be like that poster. Recognize our projections, because projection is the cause of a very large portion the world's ill will.

The collective will never, ever be more moral than the individuals composing it. The individuals must stop delegating and start assuming active responsibility, or there will be no progress.

This means in part letting go of the illusion that governments run things. They don't. Cultures run themselves. Governments are an agglomeration of evil, just collections of people feeding off of the fruits of the culture they supposedly "run". All the while growing larger until the culture dies. Governments are the collective equivalent of cancer.

When we let go of this illusion, we stop delegating and realize that we ourselves are responsible people and the choices we make every day influence destiny.

edit on 2-1-2011 by NewlyAwakened because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

daryllyn

The idea of JUST one suggestion is because it hopefully Focusses people into discussing what they feel most important about or the one thing that might, when done in conjunction with other actions create a better effect or outcome............ having said that I did offer 2 at the start, call it over enthusiasm !!

It is easy to ''list'' ideas but trying to reach just one, paramount important point makes you think about it..

I want to review these answers in a day or so and have a look through them. If you read through them now there is definitely a theme already emerging....... I think that for a more 'informed' crowd like us on ATS then there will be some great suggestions and ideas....

To everyone else who has replied so far -- many thanks and as I mentioned already I shall be reviewing this thread in a few days and hopefully will summarise the results......

Many Thanks

PDUK

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
More resources to be invested in the (safe) development of machine intelligence.... our successors may be free from all of the worst human failings.

Construction of the evacuated tunnel transit system, a maglev rail network. The trains run through tubes that have been evacuated of air. It would achieve great energy economy in such a near-frictionless environment. They may supposedly be capable of reaching speeds of 6000 km/h... New York to L.A. in 45 minutes. The social and economic benefits would transform the world as we know it.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
A lot of good suggestions here.

I would love it if 2011 was the "year people moved beyond ideology." By that, I mean the tired old left-versus-right politics, and indeed the whole idea of politics as a shouting match between "my team and yours." We no longer have the time or the leeway to indulge in non-reality-based politics. We need solutions from every part of the poltical spectrum...the optimal blend is always beyond left and right. Time is short, and people need a major attitude adjustment away from party poltics if society is going to pull out of this.

Don't hold out hope of that happening, however. At least not in 2011. Maybe by 2015 if we are really lucky.

Beyond that, a few things that come to mind: Tax on businesses that outsource services as well as goods, to keep jobs at home; strict control on immigration until everyone has a job. It would be nice to see some financial reform, too, such as reinstating some form of the Glass-Steagall Act and regulating "dark pools," algo-trading, and derivatives.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Put a salary cap on everyone. 10 million dollars a year. You can only earn up to that much. Weather you own a business or a working individual. If you make more it gets invested back into your company and/or business. Eventually the wealth will spread.

I know that sounds crazy BUT if you think about it...how much better did sports get when the NBA, NFL, and NHL decide to get team salary caps? More teams were able to compete.

And you cant tell me that 10 million dollars a year isnt more then enough to live comfortable

economic problem solved

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK
I have just posted on another thread concerning the cost of fuel in the UK and I have a question for all of you out there....

It is this,

What one suggestion do you have which would change our society for the better ??

Completely clear all frequency traffic from the airwaves....shut down tv..radio..radar..rfid..gps...sattellite feeds..everything. Even just for one week. Allow our human minds and brains to enjoy a week of solitude..give people a chance to take a breath from within our own electromagnetic space...a short period of blissful silence.

R

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghandi

Ghandi

You and I both share a similar view but tell me, Why $10 million !? Why that figure ?? I still think that amount is obscene and 'out of touch' with reality !! for a single occupation.....

My suggestion in the opening post keeps people in touch with others in the same company / organisation / team etc etc.......

My whole issue about this is that I feel some people who join a company / team or whatever are employed by that organisation and in most cases are not financially accountable to it apart from Drawing a huge salary......... If they had to 'risk' their own monies, much like most entrepreneurs then I think they would be a little different in their attitudes...

The more I think of a salary cap across all walks of life (the highest salary being 20 x the lowest Full time salary of any organisation) then the more it makes sense to me... In reality it wouldn't actually affect that many but it would focus Corporations and companies and sports teams to embrace Common Sense and reduce GREED..

Regards

PDUK
edit on 3-1-2011 by PurpleDog UK because: speelin

edit on 3-1-2011 by PurpleDog UK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
every country to be self sustainable so no one has to rob anything off any other country and the world to work towards green energy and move all of the world forward.

Get rid of a need for war and also get rid of the trouble makers in Africa who keep their brothers and sister living in crap.

Also for governments to represent their people not the greedy interests of companies who pay to have who they want in power.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Spend less time on ATS and more in the real world

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

i think as long as there is religion and money greed nothing will change in this world!
tell u this if only one country one country and that is my country USA would stop their stupid bull...
and change like obama was talking about" change"
it could change the hole world, dont u think!
stop the rape of our constitution!
nuff said

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

One answer, simple. START OVER. Level the playing field and star over.

respectfully

reluctantpawn

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
It would be great to have all the ideology ideas... but the reality of the world won't allow it.

I would establish a flat tax worldwide with no tax breaks allowed for a single person or corporation ever. Period.
That way, nobody skates, and it is fair. As it is now, the poor schmucks like us pay, and the elitists walk.

Also I would abolish all reality TV. Forever.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Libertarian municipalism would definitely be a good direction with direct democracy within each county. Limited monopolization of corporations which would encourage trade dynamics between businesses and would equate into complete fair trade within the country and quasi-infinite self-sustainability.

Technological growth could be upheld by encouraging corporations to work together instead of against each other and with limited income cap there would be no reason for corporations to keep secrets and even encourage technological growth. Corporations would not be allowed to migrate to other parts of the country for profit but rather people would be allowed to do so by leaving it's business behind, selling it could be an option.

This would prevent economical collapse like we've seen in Detroit. This would also ensure that corporations are not shipped off overseas, which would mean more jobs for the people.

I understand the consequence of such a thing being implemented in the here and now; it's those who slave for your goods overseas that allow you to buy goods for such a low price, they sustain your way of life but bringing those business on local soil wouldn't mean higher prices for you, it would mean lower income for the rich. This is where you always have to cut off. The corporations pay the taxes, not the individuals, there's a huge difference since corporations are seen as individuals under the law. Breaking these down would still equate to the same amount of tax money sent to the Federal government, just in smaller amounts.

Less tax would also work itself out since the federal government would only have to deal with things such as public health care, national defence, and such things. The IRS could be broken down into municipalities, in order to better deal with these tax problems. Also agencies such as the FBI could work together beyond the lines but work with much more transparency. Complete freedom of press could work in association with each other across the country and the world but the news media would have be examined by a strict ethical committee appointed by the public, this would be one of the most important things to do in order to ensure objectivity and fairness, and oppose all forms of propaganda.

In order to fight "will to power" by each community, there would be a need for a lot of education to both the children, adults and corporations in regards to tolerance; no form of discrimination would be tolerated.

Why?

Because each community would strive to be that much better than all others and by encouraging them to do so, slums would become a thing of the past. Every individual within each community would struggle to have the best education, the lowest crime rates and would work together to clean up their slums and capitalize 100% on every part of their county. The smaller your breakdown the "municipality" the better this would work but the harder it would be to implement but in the end, this for me, would be ideal.

Of course, this is theoretical but it could be implemented if a country would have to rebuild from scratch given that there is no civil unrest during the aftermath.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Make all clothing see-through.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join