It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is YOUR one only suggestion to change society for the better in 2011..

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I have just posted on another thread concerning the cost of fuel in the UK and I have a question for all of you out there....

It is this,

What one suggestion do you have which would change our society for the better ??

Please no stupid stuff because it has no relevance here.... I actually want to hear what genuine, interesting and thoughtful people want to do to make our world a better place.........

To start with I would like to see a couple of things, firstly a Max Salary across the board from Business, TV & Film, Sports and every other system..... Whereby a Max 20 Times the lowest Full time salary is what the Top dog, CEO, Actor or footballer can earn in a year. They can still earn from endorsments etc but the same rule applies to that to.
Any surplus goes back into the society / community or however (TBC)
'
Secondly, a removal of party politics and political agenda's.. Those in power work for the people not themselves !!!

As a collective 'human race' can we all not work together to get where we want to be ??

Regards

PDUK

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Use your heart not your mind

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Pull back all our troops from oversea bases and foreign lands and cut our military budget in half so we can start paying off our debt. Return to a non-interventionist foreign policy.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Reduce the amount of violence shown on television. I Watched TV over the hols - seems to be a lot of violence on at times when kids are up.

Change the planning laws , people are crammed together like sardines, creating all sorts of social problems
Less than 5% of the UK is built on, there is loads of land available for housing with scope for houses with gardens for kids to play in.

Do something about the water and drainage, there is no way we should have water shortages in the UK - the infrastructure needs sorting out.

I could Probably think of a load of other stuff, but I just realised I am sounding like a moaning old git.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Abolition of privately owned central banks, but like that's ever going to happen.
Or
An increase in the amount of jobs available, so unemployment falls..again, very unlikely.

We can dream, right?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I'm starting with the man in the mirror.

I'm asking him to change his ways.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Pass an educational act that allows for all students medical needs and education be covered by the government 100% free with proof of citizenship.

Return to the gold standard for the dollar and abolish the federal reserve.

Begin online voting and abolish the electoral college. Online voting has been proven to work without the ability of fraud...see TED Talks for that info.

I know the 2nd one is a pipe dream, but if you cut Defense spending as it should be done, these things would pay for themselves.

~Keeper

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Citizens should become more fiscally responsible and entirely self sufficient. Some people have a form of Stockholm Syndrome towards the government. Get rid of that mentality and we will see things begin to turn around.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
One and only suggestion: Make it mandatory for all countries to pour more money into their educational system as opposed to their defense (and for the U.S., the entertainment industry needs a serious reduction) budget. Education should be the most important factor in every person's life and success. Smaller countries with no military usually have higher standards of living and better education systems.

www.associatedcontent.com...

Bonus: get rid of all nuclear weapons.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Abolish the two party system - doesn't work anymore.

Abolish the Federal Reserve.

Sorry, I had two.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
End organized religion...

And design a government that is for the people not for the rich

ya i have two.....my bad

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Take away peoples right to their oppinion

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I want two things in life

1) Capitalism to be gone as a system.
2) Mankind to become 1 gender and i mean androgynous. Every one is feminine and masculine but different amounts.

Those two things would change the world for the better, and obviously take along time to change, but one can dream, and i will dream these things till i die.

I will want these two things till i die, and have wanted them for along time now. Everyone should dream about something that the world should change, no matter if it does not happen in your life, it may happen long after your dead.

When making predictions never talk about dates people. What ever will be will be.
edit on 1/2/2011 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
People need to take responsibility for themselves more. We also need to teach our children to do the same. I'm tired of hearing people complaining about their living situation like it's someone else's fault and not the direct result of their own previous actions.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Compassion to those around you.. Help those who you see in need..

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

I think everyone should learn how to garden - by using the space they have for growing food, and learn how to slow down, enjoy life and stay in touch with the earth.

Those with no yard can think containers, hydroponics, window boxes, roof gardening or ...?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
By Taking our country back from the worthless government we have with them we will always be in debt.

Probally won't have to worry about paying it back becuase eventually the world will turn on the U.S. and destory it together since the U.S. must be the bully sooner or later its going to back fire and then were in trouble.

But 1 thing in 2011
I would bring the troops home were they belong and station all miltary around the boarders and center some in the middle of the U.S.

If the U.S. wasn't always starting wars and keeping our troops in the U.S. were they belong we would have a lot more recruits.

And the so called War Budget would be next to nothing.

Guess we can all dream because this will never happen with out a President of our chosing not thiers.

THey will just keep starting new wars with new excuses like they always do next will be Iran then NK then Pakistan and so on and so on until opppps Russia and Japan gets pissed off

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
My suggestion would be to somehow miraculously dissipate the misguided egos of authoritarian "planners" of all ideological bents for only a minute, so they may finally realize that they are the cause of most of the woes in this world.

Your way is not the best way to solve problems.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Begin the transition to sustainable decentralised local communities not dependant on central distribution for thier food and fuel. Not stifled by centralized government intervention and thievery. Adopting and living by the principle of "no harm no crime"

I am considering starting a websites to get this ideal percolating in the minds of the people and bring together those that want to help spread the knowledge and wisdom and implement it however I am struggling to make a living and time and money to do even that much is unavailable at the moment.

Edited to add: What a great thread and thanks! S&F!

edit on 2-1-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Remove media censorship.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join