It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012, has anyone really got ready? Built strength, muscle and fitness?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
my day basically is :

i go to work on foot..30mins walk..after work i go hit the gym 5 days a week , training specific body part at a time..exmaple

mon - Back / Abs
tue - Shoulders
wed - legs - Obligues
thur - chest
frid - bicep/tricep.abs

suppliments i take creatine and whey protein

also eating healthy food fro monday to saturday

find some motivation on youtube search for body transformations..and gluck bro in a year time you will be amazed with what you achieved

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by heineken

You take both type of proteins, i only use whey, although i have not looked at the other.
I go gym 4 times a week but i have football training and a match in that as well.

Try calcium and magnesium tablets too,

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
If the SHTF in December you will have at least 4 to 5 moths with winter. Being normal fit is a lot better than lifting weights and gaining muscles.
It is better to strengthen the body structure you already have to the environment you will be exposed to. Because it only takes 5 to 6 days of constant stress to loose what you had spent a year building up with the help of weights, or what ever else you tried to built up in the body shop.

The most important issue within survival is first off all your mentality. Learn how You and your body react to starvation, cold temperatures, bad weather, stress and fatigue.
Learn how to make the right choices for your body under these conditions in the environment you think you will be in. The only way to prepare for something like this, is to be exposed to all the elements of stress. Your body and mentality will harden as you progress, you will also be a lot more familiar with how you are capable of handling real survival by making good choices there and then. This MIGHT make your next day or the next few hours a lot easier.

It is a lot better to know what its like to survive, than to imagine what it would be like. Because you will be surprised of how wrong you where.

It is not a weakness to be weak physically if you are strong mentally. Because if you are strong mentally you are more suited to make the right choices on your abilities. That means you have to be smart and creative so you dont make to many mistakes. The best way to reduce mistakes is to be exposed and learn from the exposure.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I;ve been working on endurance more then anything. But this last year, its all gym time and continuing endruance training, 2011 is bulking up time. Not like stupid huge but to a point where I'm in great shape ready for anythig.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I'm sure there are a lot of Y2K compounds out there that can be bought for a song. With the real estate market down it must be quite cheap to get into a compound.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I have been training for the past 2 1/2 years with a slightly different strategy. Used to go to the gym and supplement but that got me strength, not so much endurance. Also, I needed to create a discipline that does not rely on equipment and supplements, which will be gone if/when tshtf. Ultimately I think endurance (especially carrying heavy bags over long distances, uphill) will get me to the next level and increase my chances of survival.

Now, instead of going to the gym I do home exercises like pullups, all kinds of pushup variations and many others. I've also been rock climbing steadily for over a year with alternate swimming sessions and exhausting hikes on very unforgiving terrains at least once a month. I also participate in marathons and triathlons every once in a while.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Tranny
I think that may actually be counterproductive. A more physically active person requires more energy/food to keep him/her going. It may be better to be able to consist on a lower calorie diet and try to maintain a work smart, not hard attitude.
edit on 2-1-2011 by Mr Tranny because: (no reason given)

I agree, also it wouldn't hurt to put on a layer of fat. If there are food shortages why would you want to have a lean muscular physique?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join