It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

D-Day What will happen to share prices after.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I know Aliens are real though I have never seen one, nor had the pleasure of a ufo sighting. Self education via the internet over the last few years has left no doubt that they are real, so back on topic -

So the D in the title stands for disclosure, what will happen once the goverments of our world admit publicly that they exist. Was thinking this the other day in bed and is a question that I would like to see what a think tank comes back with.

So obvioulsy some businesses/shares would be hugely effected, for one I think the oil companies would be big losers as we all know alien craft dont burn fossil fuels and that would be huge. Bad for them!

There will no doubt be things that will gain value from disclosure although I am struggling to think of any, can you think of anything you would invest in if you knew disclosure was around the corner and also what you would get out of i.e oil?
edit on 2-1-2011 by Wayback1984 because: wasnt finished

edit on 2-1-2011 by Wayback1984 because: spelling

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
All Priests will be looking for new job so unemployment will be raised
edit on 2-1-2011 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

All Priests will be looking for new job so unemployment will be raised

Why ?
I would have thought that priests or any religious leaders would be in demand from people of faith seeking guidance on how to deal with the new reality , and how it fits in with their chosen faith.
The Vatican has already come forward and said they have no problem with the existence of our ET brothers , we are all creations of God .

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Sorry i just see priests who are not working and selling 2000 years old lie and even sometimes charging for that lie.GOD ,save me from religions !

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
As long as the businesses are still running the numbers will keep ticking over. Monsanto is going to have a few responsibilities that it needs to address, up to them how it goes. Some drug companies may also come under a bit more peer review, lots of good work going on, but also a few issues that needs addressing. Environmental and recycling companies may get a bit of a boom with lots of work available there. Oil and Energy companies will gradually evolve or taper off. Even 20 or so years since CFC's where banned due to the ozone layer there are still parts of the world that use them. It does take a long time for technology to get established and gradually work it's way through society. It is going to be up to each community to decide where and how any new technology get incorporated into the community just as it does now. I would not expect any big and sudden shocks to the market as there will be lots of discussion, set up times and gradual distribution as industry tools up.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Wayback1984

As to what would happen to share prices ..... that is a good question .
I would imagine that they would fall after the initial event , markets don't like uncertainty , but given time to consider the implications I would guess shares in certain companies would rise and the markets would see it as an opportunity make money , so given the ET's aren't here to eat us or make us their slaves I think the markets would be keen to invest in ET related products , and so rise in value ...... maybe

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Usually in a crisis people instinctively want to be liquid so they cash out of their investments. So I would expect a 9/11 like swoon post disclosure.

I think the assumption of this thread is that our capital and securities markets would continue to function. Assuming that was the case, I would expect panicked sell off, followed by a slow rise as folks bargain hunted the presumably depressed shares.

Having said that, it depends on what the disclosure is :yeah there are aliens, they are here. Not sure what they want, but in any event we can do about it ... I think the above is close.

If the disclosure is yeah we have made deals and we have all kind of unknown science, then maybe oil, aircraft, computer and biotech companies, to name a few would basically never come back ...

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I think the problems will lie with the intention of any aliens, or the level of knowledge we have regarding any alien species out there.

At the simpler end of things if all that has been discovered is that we are not alone and we've discovered a signal, then things will carry on as normal, and the media will be awash with discussions of the nature of the ETs, and the technical analysis of the signal.

If it turns out we've been visited in the past and artefacts have been discovered there will be a lot of interest and moral outrage at the hiding of the evidence, then things will turn into a similar scenario as above.

Now the more worrying options, what if we've been in contact and the aliens are a mixed bag of benevolent and malign. Do we find our planet having to take sides? Will people be able to travel to the stars? Will there be an invasion? What if the aliens of Alien of Predator are similar to the ETs, are we in serious danger? Are the aliens like Vulcans, and a period of peace and human growth beckons? What is the aliens are like the forthcoming Falling Skies series, Stargate, Dark Skies, or The Invaders? Take any of the TV series, or films, over the last 60 years and mix and match to come up with any scenario you care. Result, utter and total collapse of civilisation. I think this kind of disclosure won't happen, I'm not sure I'd want it to happen. I feel I might be able to cope with the knowledge, but would I want all the muppets with guns out there knowing? People would panic, the shops would empty of everything, people would run to their religious centres, some would commit suicide, some would collapse mentally, and in the main people would sit in fear unable to process the information. I don't see how that would be productive for anyone.

Worst case, they're armed, they're coming, and we need to be all armed and prepared to fight for our planet. Our last best hope being to blow the crap out of the planet to save it being taken over. What would you do if you were the one who had to stand behind the lectern and announce the end of the world?

I suspect the truth of any disclosure would in the end revolve around the existence of signals, artefacts, and even some communications, but the aliens aren't intent on taking over, aren't that interested in us, but don't want us out there given their viewing of our TV series, and our history on meeting new people on our own planet let alone us getting out to meet, greet, and probably eat new civilisations across the galaxy!

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Landru

Usually in a crisis people instinctively want to be liquid so they cash out of their investments. So I would expect a 9/11 like swoon post disclosure.

Yes this is a reasonable assumption, there will be some uncertainty in society as people adjust to the news. Not enough to collapse the system but just enough to give people a little time to understand the situation, implications and how it affects them.

I think the assumption of this thread is that our capital and securities markets would continue to function.

For the small mum and dad investors I expect little to change in the short to medium term. The primary focus will be on the big end of town with the million and billion dollar traders. Things have gradually fallen apart over the years with deregulation of the market and introduction of creative accounting practices. A lot of peer review and regulation will be needed to clean up the mess and rebuild a more sustainable trading mechanism. Once this is achieved any alterations to the smaller investors will gradually take place.

If the disclosure is yeah we have made deals and we have all kind of unknown science, then maybe oil, aircraft, computer and biotech companies, to name a few would basically never come back ...

Hard to say how each community will react to it, not much will change overnight and it will take time to asses the implications and direction taken.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000
reply to post by gortex

Sorry i just see priests who are not working and selling 2000 years old lie and even sometimes charging for that lie.GOD ,save me from religions !

Serously? New religions would be made to acknowledge these aliens. The more we know of their society, the more complex this new religion would become. Hell, they might be religious themselves and people here would jump on it...believing in something higher than ourselves is a part of our human nature.

This angry atheist bit is so grade 9.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Rob37n

Now the more worrying options, what if we've been in contact and the aliens are a mixed bag of benevolent and malign.

The way I see it, just as things are diverse here on Earth, a similar level of diversity spreads through out the universe. Some good races, some bad races, some good individuals, some bad individuals. It will take time to work it all out. The main thing is that we are still here despite all our ongoing conflicts. I see no reason for them to annihilate us just because we know about them, in fact some stories suggest that some of them helped stop us from annihilate ourself's during some tense moments in the past.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wayback1984
I know Aliens are real though I have never seen one, nor had the pleasure of a ufo sighting. Self education via the internet over the last few years has left no doubt that they are real, so back on topic -

So the D in the title stands for disclosure, what will happen once the goverments of our world admit publicly that they exist. Was thinking this the other day in bed and is a question that I would like to see what a think tank comes back with.

So obvioulsy some businesses/shares would be hugely effected, for one I think the oil companies would be big losers as we all know alien craft dont burn fossil fuels and that would be huge. Bad for them!

There will no doubt be things that will gain value from disclosure although I am struggling to think of any, can you think of anything you would invest in if you knew disclosure was around the corner and also what you would get out of i.e oil?
edit on 2-1-2011 by Wayback1984 because: wasnt finished

edit on 2-1-2011 by Wayback1984 because: spelling

I know Aliens are real though I have never seen one, nor had the pleasure of a ufo sighting.

You might believe that they are real but you do not know that they are real. Some young children believe that santa claus, the easter bunny and the tooth fairy are real. Are they?

Self education via the internet over the last few years has left no doubt that they are real, so back on topic.

Reading stories on the internet? By people like Scorcha Faal, David Icke, Stan Romanek? Where, exactly, did you find this info. If it is reliable, I would like to see it so I can form my own opinions.

...as we all know alien craft dont burn fossil fuels....

I hate these kind of assumptions. "We all know"...No we don't. Not everybody blindly believes in "alien craft". If they do exist, we really have no idea what they do or do not run on.

...what will happen once the goverments of our world admit publicly that they exist.

Either the government has no idea what's going on or they are purposely misleading us into thinking that they know what's going on. They probably use the "UFO" cover story to hide real military secrets. The purpose is to get people like you to run after something that doesn't exist so that you will never know what is really being hidden.

And if the government does "disclose" aliens, I won't fall for it. I'll keep my feet on the ground, always questioning.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Blueracer

I'll keep my feet on the ground, always questioning.

Very wise words indeed. Science has helped keep my feet on the ground when presented with many conflicting stories. Research has helped with answering the questions. Remain sceptical, but keep an open mind as the truth can sometimes be a lot stranger than fiction.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Reading stories on the internet? By people like Scorcha Faal, David Icke, Stan Romanek? Where, exactly, did you find this info. If it is reliable, I would like to see it so I can form my own opinions

To pin it on one story or video I have read would be difficult. The more I have looked into it the more things I have found that are collaborated elsewhere. If you have the time and desire to find out the truth then it is there for all to see. The 3 people you mentioned are known crackpots and it is up to you to filter the rubbish (there is a bit) from the good cases. As you have already mentioned Faal, Icke and Romanek you seem to be pretty good at filtering out the fools so it would only take time on your part to find enough interesting cases to raise big quesion marks. For a start the FAA case over Alaska with John Callahan, multiple radar hits via NORAD and the planes radar, visual confirmation the attempted cover up. But he kept all the evidence including cockpit recording etc

In cases like this and also where military aircraft are tailed by these objects explain to me this - If we are in possession of such advanced craft then that means our species are being deliberately held back from evolving as combustion engines are not viable when dealing with mile wide craft such as the Phoenix lights or
www.youtube.com...

So why, if we have these craft which are light years ahead of what is publicly acknowledged would you fly them over public areas, tail civilian and military aircraft? What would happen if our mile wide craft had a power failure over Phoenix for example. Bit risky don't you think? We have stuff that is beyond black and is tested, but trust me this isnt flown over our cities and public areas, these will be tested in remote parts of Australia etc

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
HP brownsauce, worcestershire sauce, tabasco, ketchup and mustard shares will go up.. The aliens will use them to season people when they eat

Hopefully money and stockmarkets will be a thing of the past if humanity ever advance enough for open contact with extraterrestrials...

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
A disclosure will happen. The governments have to carry out their agenda, which is a fake alien invasion. Project Blue Beam.

top topics

join