It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Anniversary Club Gitmo!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Well if your a communist and a muslim what do you expect-

Marx, commie, Marxist commie Marx???

Obamanation, lord obama, Obamasiah, Pelosi, progressive!!!

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
Your thread is fueled with political polarization with absolutely no constructive debate or articulate positions on the subject. It is a smear campaign as usual.

We all acknowledge that President Obama had made a quite public promise to end Guantanamo Bay. He had never given up on that promise but it is now legally impossible for him to fulfill this due to the passing of legislation in December that barred any Guantanamo prisoner from being relocated to prisons on US soil as any funding was banned.

Please try and formulate a more organized and thought based criticism of the President than a simple two line thread with no links, substantial argument, or fact based reasoning.

LMAO.. hilarious.. I will give you one thing, you have better spin / apologist skills than most "strategists" dullards on cable news.

The only thing that seems to be "legally impossible" is oblahblahs government scrounging up enough credible evidence to convict these innocent people of a crime.. so far the GITMO club fed detainees are guilty of being "terrorists" based on the word of war mongering career liar agenda driven politicians, not open fair courts.

This is NO different than back in the day where the King would lock innocent un-charged people he didn't like in a dungeon.. "Trust me, I'm the King" didn't work then, just like "I'm your party leader, trust me" shouldn't work today..

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by Misoir

Exactly, we have no where else to put these POW's (and that is exactly what they are, Prisoners of War, not "unlawful enemy combatants")

While "liberals" would want Gitmo closed and the Prisoners of War relocated, there is no where they can go. I am not sure why people who oppose this current administration are complaining at all, they didn't seem to care at all during the last administration and in fact were defending the last administration for keeping these people locked up indefinitely.

Sounds to me like more partisan rhetoric designed to denigrate this administration, with no actual desire for the aforementioned outcome.

How do you know prisoners at GITMO are POWs?.. were govt claims validated by a fair open process?.. subject to challenge?.. heck, was there ANY process, due or otherwise, where these people got to challenge govt allegations?

GOP & DNC party leaders foment 'international' hostilities with coups, economic hit men, CIA bullcrap and other various meddling.. THEN lie wars into being, Gulf of Tonkin / Iraq / Afghanistan.. never let a good crisis go to waste.. then lie some more to perpetuate said wars they privately know are un-winnable.. (Pentagon papers)

..yet I'm supposed to trust & believe these clowns who call themselves "leaders" when they tell me all those GITMO boogie-men, useful pawns to maintain the fake 'war on terror', are guilty, bad or deserving of being denied freedom indefinately?.. lol whatever man, show me the money.. money talks and BS walks.. thus far the govt have taken their BS "worst of the worst" fairy tales and "walked" far away from the challenge of open due process... gee, what a superb international display of American "rule of law" & due process virtue.

Whoever wrote:
"We all acknowledge that President Obama had made a quite public promise to end Guantanamo Bay. "

..lol.. he didn't make a "promise", he feigned being serious with a raised voice, wrinkled brow and stern mannerisms, then smiled out one of many lies.. er, "lines". His team spent peoples campaign donations figuring out how to sucker other people.. if saying closing GITMO polled well, his speech writers tossed it in the salad of lies.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Club Gitmo is not just for terrorists. Just ask the Fresno IRS agent that ridiculed the NSA.
He got a free 30 day vacation there.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Hmmm, ya must have missed some of my posts then. Yes, I flame Obama quite regularly, and frankly I think he deserves it. But, lately the republicans haven't done near as much as the dems as the dems have had the majority. It'll swing back the other way and I'll be harping on them just as bad. I guess how I feel or post is more important than what I aactually said because you failed to comment on it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join